Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Hi.

I was curious if Ringo Pro allows you to set an mp3 located on the device as a ringer.

So far I've had no luck with it. I figure I have to buy an SD card.

But I could really use some insight on this issue.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yes it does, and yes you need an sd card.

You put the MP3's on the card (since your phone would only hold a few MP3's anyways) then you use RINGO to assign the ring tone to the MP3.
    Just to add to this I was able to assign a mp3 via ringo but when someone calls it does not loop and is not very long either. Any ideas
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hmm..that is weird, what version of Ringo are you using? Mine always loop.
    mine gives beep in the background when I am on call after picking up the call. I have to go into ringo and click on play and stop by clicking on button in ringo mp3 selection menu. Its weird. I tried any mp3 file and same result. It ring fine, mp3 start playing but once i answer call it just start beeping in background of call. Very weird.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    ringo pro killed my sms look up function. Had to do a hard reset re-install prc by prc, restore from BB or nvbackup restored the problem. all is well now w/o ringo, for me tha t is.....
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Never had a problem with Ringo
    Ringo Pro on my 680 stopped the phone from vibrating when I got calls, but not when I got messages.

Have dropped the program from my phone, am now using MiniTones.

Much happier.