Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Just ordered my new maps off the TomTom website. $49.95 + 6.00 shipping

Click on the green blurb on the http://www.tomtom.com site that says New Maps are Here!

It asked for my product code. It did say would arrive in 3-4 weeks, but I'm hoping that is just the usual shipping time wiggle room and it will arrive sooner.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I hope this is wrong, but this on their "Learn More" page:

I have Navigator 5 right now; is this release compatible with my device?

The following devices are compatible with Navigator 6 and these new maps:

Acer
    n310, n311, N35, N50
    Asus
    Mypal A632N, Mypal A636N
    Dell
    Axim X51, Axim X51V
    Eten
    M600
    Fujitsu Siemens
    Pocket LOOX 720, Pocket LOOX N520
    HP
    iPAQ H4150, iPAQ H4350, iPAQ HW 6510, iPAQ HW 6515, iPAQ hw6910, iPAQ hw6915, iPAQ HX2190, iPAQ HX2490, iPAQ RX1950,iPAQ RZ1710
    Imate
    JAM, Jamin, PDA2K, PDA-N
    Mitac
    Mio 168, Mio A201, Mio A701, Mio P350, Mio P550
    Palm
    Treo 650, Treo 700W, Treo 700P
    Qtek
    9000, 9100, G100, S100, S110, S200
    T-Mobile
    MDA Compact, MDA Compact II, MDA III, MDA Pro, MDA Vario
    Nokia
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    If I understand your concern....The upgraded maps come with an upgrade to Navigator 6 also. At least, that is what TomTom support told me.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Cool! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    If I understand your concern....The upgraded maps come with an upgrade to Navigator 6 also. At least, that is what TomTom support told me.
    Odd, I just got off the phone with TT support, who told me that the Map Update does *not* include the upgrade to ver 6. He said the update to 6 would be showing up on the website in a week or so once all the retailers are stocked with the version 6 product.
    Quote Originally Posted by phlidwsn View Post
    Odd, I just got off the phone with TT support, who told me that the Map Update does *not* include the upgrade to ver 6. He said the update to 6 would be showing up on the website in a week or so once all the retailers are stocked with the version 6 product.
    I saw a question response on their site yesterday that indicated that Nav6 was included with the map update. Unfortunately, their site seems to be unable to cope with the current traffic so I can't locate it right now.

Edit: Managed to go through their question responses but couldn't find it now. A lot has been added since I saw it yesterday. Guess we'll have to wait for clarification as indicated below...
    Last edited by jrfaris; 12/21/2006 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Further information
    TomTom Support just told me that the upgraded maps are NOT Compatible with Navigator 5, and that the CD set does NOT include Navigator 6. I just submitted the same question via E-mail, and will post the answer here when I get one.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    TomTom Support just told me that the upgraded maps are NOT Compatible with Navigator 5, and that the CD set does NOT include Navigator 6. I just submitted the same question via E-mail, and will post the answer here when I get one.

John
    It will be interesting to hear their response. It makes no sense because they require you to enter your tomtom product code when you order the map upgrade. It would be something if they ship maps that don't work with the product that they are selling them for. If they don't work with Nav5, maybe that is the reason Nav6 could be included.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Well, isn't that just wonderful. I ordered my upgrade off of their website today based on a previous post that said the new software was included with the maps.

Stupid Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Well, isn't that just wonderful. I ordered my upgrade off of their website today based on a previous post that said the new software was included with the maps.

Stupid Me.
    Don't be too sure you messed up just because a CS rep said it's not included. Tomtom doesn't have a very good reputation for product support and their answers on the phone or via their question response system have not always been complete or accurate. I suspect this all has something to do with their marketing agreement with Palm and that the map upgrade process is a convenient work around. As I said, since you gave them your product code when you ordered the maps, then what you get should work with your existing product. Even if Nav6 isn't included, you should still end up with the most current maps and a working Tomtom system.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    As I said, since you gave them your product code when you ordered the maps, then what you get should work with your existing product.
    Then again, maybe the only reason they wanted your TT5 product code was to verify the purchase as an upgrade (i.e., lower price), rather than a new purchase.

Keep us posted.
    Just ordered my new maps off the TomTom website. $49.95 + 6.00 shipping
    Hmm, I was charged for shipping only, but I have Navigator 6. Since it sounds like you have Navigator 5, maybe you do get upgraded to Navigator 6 for $49.95. Just a guess.
    Kenji
    From TomTom Tech Support:

"Since new maps require the NAVIGATOR 6 application, TomTom will not be able to offer a map upgrade program for older versions of NAVIGATOR, unless the device is NAVIGATOR 6 compatible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The CD set does include an upgrade to the Navigator 6 application.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Placed my order about 5 minutes ago.
    cool $50 seems like a good price for an update to Nav6 and new maps...

will have to put in my order (merry christmas to me
    Nice...I am sure we will be creating a thread on how to properly upgrade from 5 to 6. Hopefully I'll have my upgrade in 3 weeks.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Nice...I am sure we will be creating a thread on how to properly upgrade from 5 to 6.
    There are already a couple of threads that were created when Navigator 6 was introduced that have posts from people who upgraded from Naviagtor 5. Search this forum for "Navigator" to find them (plus lots of others).
    Kenji
    what about the screen that says I'm eligible for an upgrade "free of charge" ???
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
    what about the screen that says I'm eligible for an upgrade "free of charge" ???
    What are you waiting for? Order it!
    I also see the free map upgrade until march 07 but then when i try to order its 49.99. Anyone know the deal here?
    Quote Originally Posted by CjMoney View Post
    I also see the free map upgrade until march 07 but then when i try to order its 49.99. Anyone know the deal here?
    I think it's only free for people who bought the last version within a certain period of time. I don't know what period of time that is though! For everyone else, it's $50.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast