1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is any kind of discounted or free upgrade program for TomTom 5 users to TomTom 6? I'd hate to pay yet another $150 ..... I've searched the threads here and TomTom's site and haven't been able to find out anything.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any kind of discounted or free upgrade program for TomTom 5 users to TomTom 6? I'd hate to pay yet another $150 ..... I've searched the threads here and TomTom's site and haven't been able to find out anything.
    Go to their site now(12/20) It says New Maps are Here and the upgrade is $49.94 + $6 shipping.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    They say that they don't have any Nav 6 in stock right now. All deliveries are going to the retailers. As soon as stock is available, then they are supposed to offer upgrade to Nav 6 for $50.
    Actually it's available for order now but the shipping timeframe is 4 weeks.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...0&postcount=30

Here's what their order confirmation says.
    Thank you for ordering new maps of the US and Canada from TomTom. We
    have successfully received your order, and it will be processed as soon
    as possible.

You should receive your new map software in 3 to 4 weeks. You will
    receive another e-mail from us when your product ships.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 12/21/2006 at 09:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I got lucky and received mine in a couple of days. Strange thing is I never received an email saying it shipped. Was totally surprised to find it in the mail today.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897 View Post
    I got lucky and received mine in a couple of days. Strange thing is I never received an email saying it shipped. Was totally surprised to find it in the mail today.
    I hope mine arrives soon. I'm really looking forward to integrated contacts.
  7.    #7  
    I ordered mine. Haven't received it yet......
    ordered mine a week or two ago and it came in the mail today
    Ordered mine right after Christmas and it came today. I had a little trouble installing it, ended up having to delete the TomTom folder on my SD card and reinstall. The updated maps are great and the integrated contacts makes things much easier. It does seem a little slower though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nixoloco View Post
    Ordered mine right after Christmas and it came today. I had a little trouble installing it, ended up having to delete the TomTom folder on my SD card and reinstall. The updated maps are great and the integrated contacts makes things much easier. It does seem a little slower though.
    This is the $50 upgrade and it included the map AND application upgrade to TT6, correct?
    Yes , $49.95 + Shipping/Tax...they send you a DVD in the mail with both new maps and the TT6 application (I'd had TT5 for ~1yr that qualified for the upgrade price)
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog View Post
    Yes , $49.95 + Shipping/Tax...they send you a DVD in the mail with both new maps and the TT6 application (I'd had TT5 for ~1yr that qualified for the upgrade price)

So, you _can_ put the maps on any card you want, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    This is the $50 upgrade and it included the map AND application upgrade to TT6, correct?

Yes, 50 dollars for a DVD containing the updated maps of North America and TomTom Navigator 6.