Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone used the new Jabra BT8010. Does the Mono headset support the A2DP profile? Or do you have to have both earpieces connected? I like to listen to audio books, so I don't need stereo. There aren't any mono headsets that support A2DP.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I received this headset 2 days ago. I also listen to podcasts and audio books and have been looking for this exact thing for a long time. It has a main headset that can do mono/phone BT and A2DP. You do not have to have the other headset plugged in to listen to A2DP. It has a function button that lets you switch from phone to music, but it will also do this automatically if needed. The other one is just a dumb headset as best I can tell. It gets it's power from the main one when it's plugged in.

I downloaded the new Audio Gateway beta that works with the 700p. It was glorious! I was walking around listening to my audiobooks without having any wires or BT dongles! SAG and the headset seem to work ok together though I did have a couple of resets. I'll have to test a few more days to nail down if there is a pattern.

The headset has several very cool features even just for a phone headset. There is a display with caller id, list of resent numbers called/received, a phone book (I assume you can hook it up to your pc and do something with this.) I haven't listened to any music yet so I can't really speak to the quality though voice programs were fairly good.

Hope that helps. I was actually about to post about this when I saw your post so I just decide to share my excitement here. I knew there were a few of us looking for just this type of thing. This headset and the new SAG were a great Christmas present!! :-)
    So this headset will support two Bluetooth phones? and from what I see it is not available in the US. Ben
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I haven't tried pairing it with more than one device yet. I will test this out this weekend but it does specifically say that the icon shows that it is paired with one OR MORE devices so it sounds like it does.

I actually purchased it from the TreoCentral Store. Here's the link -
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...9-32--1465.htm
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ok, played with multiple pairing - not only can you pair with multiple devices but it LISTS them on the display. The last one you pair is primary and listed first but you can swith them by holding down the mode button.
    If it does pair with multiple phones, that would be great - one headset for my Nextel and one for the Treo 700p. Ben
    what is sound quality like, comparted to wired headset?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I don't actually have any music on my Treo (other than the demos) so I can't speak to music quality. I listen to podcasts and have been quite impressed with the quality. I plugged up the other headset today and listened in stereo. It's hard to believe it's wireless. But, then, this is the only wireless stereo headset I've used much. If I get a chance to put some music on my treo and test it out I'll report back.
    Hmmm , Looks like only a few of us have this jabra headset.

I have a 680 and just got the JabraBT8010 today. It paired up nicely for the headset. But to get music to play on it doesn't seem to work. I have SAG the A2DP on my treo also...

Has anyone been able to get the MUSIC to work on here? Am I doing something wrong? My guess is that SAG will come up with a solution... or at least I'm hoping so.. Otherwise there goes 139 down the drain!
    Does this play music (pTunes), switch to phone call when needed (incoming call, outgoing calls) and resume music when the call is over?

A new build of SAG beta is available. Which version of SAG are you using?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Yes it able to do those things.. I think the problem is SAG. I have the latest build, but I was on reading on their discussion forum that it is not working for the 680 yet... or so they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by sydmar View Post
    Hmmm , Looks like only a few of us have this jabra headset.

I have a 680 and just got the JabraBT8010 today. It paired up nicely for the headset. But to get music to play on it doesn't seem to work. I have SAG the A2DP on my treo also...

Has anyone been able to get the MUSIC to work on here? Am I doing something wrong? My guess is that SAG will come up with a solution... or at least I'm hoping so.. Otherwise there goes 139 down the drain!
    I'm also interested in using this headset/headphones combo with my 680. It sounds like it works fine as a headset, but no one has been able to get it to work as headphones. Correct?

I'll look for them locally so I can try them out with my 680.
    Anyone have these on a WM5 device (aka Treo 750)? They should work like butter with the BT stack and A2DP function of the 750.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Has anyone got this working with a 650 yet? I have them paired successfully and MP3s work great with SAG. However, the I cannot answer calls or use the phone at all with the headset. Any one else have any luck?
    It is well worth checking out the features of the device in the manual, available at:
    http://www.jabra.com/NR/rdonlyres/87...10_UM_EMEA.pdf

This has to be one of the most feature-laden headset devices I have seen. My only gripe is that they stopped at two paired devices - how difficult would it have been to program 3?
    Does anybody who owns one of these want to comment on the quality of the DSP (noise reduction)?

If this device is better than average at taking voice calls, then I am prepared to live with it only supporting two devices at once. My ideal headset is one that pairs with 3 devices, offers clear calls and stereo A2DP for my PC/iTunes. This one has 2.5 out of 3 features, which isn't bad.
    The DSP was only so-so. The volume on the other end is also too low. I also thought that it was way too big. I returned mine and will get the S9 when it comes out.
    I've had my 8010 now for a week and love it with my Treo 700p (Sprint). Stereo works great and it even stays on while I'm out for a run. I'll agree limiting it to pairing to 2 devices seems limiting but at the moment I don't have a 3rd device to pair to.
    I’m thinking about getting this for my girlfriend’s LG VX8500.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have had my BT8010 for a couple of days now and really enjoy it. Music plays fine on my Treo 700P with Pocketunes. Seemless transition from music to phone back to music. I was pleasantly surprised that the remote functions on the headset work when listening to music. You can skip around songs without having to breakout your phone.

I will be taking it to the gym later this week to see how it works out when working out.
    Sprint Treo 700P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast