Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got the Jabra 8010 today and was (still am) really excited, but can only get it to kind of work as a headset (it doesn't always seem to recognize my phone, which is a problem I've never had in the past with other bluetooth headsets, and i can't get it to play music at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    my bt8010 should be here in a couple of days, and will report on how it is. although I would be using it with my nextel phone instead of the the treo.
    so has this been confirmed to work with a 650 for both a2dp use and regular mono call use yet
    can anyone confirm when you got your bt8010, is there a clear sticker on the display. There was one when I got my bt800 cid screen, but I didn't find one on the 8010 cid screen.

are you supposed to get a welcome message the first time you turn the headset on? also, the serial number right below the ear piece, is it supposed to correspond to the number on the box that it came with? because mine doesn't. Just want to make sure I got a new unit. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by Outrigger; 03/14/2007 at 12:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theradioinside View Post
    so has this been confirmed to work with a 650 for both a2dp use and regular mono call use yet
    Treonauts has a review that says it worked with the 650. I got mine a couple days ago and while it pairs with my Unlocked GSM 650 and it streams audio from pTunes (with the softick audio gateway 1.11) I can't get it to work for phone calls?! Neither does it work with my wife's Unlocked GSM 680 (with the phone). It DOES work with a motorola BT phone we got free when we signed up with T-Mobile. They have a utility to update the firmware on it, which is nice. Mine was shipped with the latest firmware, which appearently isn't nice, since it (seemingly no longer) completely works with Treos.

Anyone who has this working (phone portion) with a 650 or a 680, can you tell me what version of the firmware you have? [menu -> settings -> about]
    mine says SW ver.: 1-25-0
    When using this for "music", can it work with any app? Can it play the audio from games, movies in Kinoma, etc. through the headset? (all this is on the 700p, but also maybe from my laptop).

Also, are there other, newer options? My biggest concern is voice quality in and especially out. Good DSP is helpful for eliminating background noise, but most of the time I'll be at my desk anyway... TIA,
    --Kyle
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My BT 8010 works with SAG and Treo 650 fine for music, but Still have some issues with the phone part. The BT Headset goes to kind of sleep after a phone call ( the synchronised sign does not show). At that time redial cannot be done. Can any one guide me??
    How to create voice tags?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyley View Post
    When using this for "music", can it work with any app? Can it play the audio from games, movies in Kinoma, etc. through the headset? (all this is on the 700p, but also maybe from my laptop).

Also, are there other, newer options? My biggest concern is voice quality in and especially out. Good DSP is helpful for eliminating background noise, but most of the time I'll be at my desk anyway... TIA,
    --Kyle
    As to playing audio from games, movies in Kinoma, etc. The problem on the 700p is not the BT8010, but that SAG and showing any video is too much for the phones processor. I lock up or show 1-2 frames per second using video in either Kinoma or SlingPlayer when I have SAG running, regardless of what BT headphone setup I am using.

Now music from Kinoma, Ptunes or TCMP work well with SAG and the BT8010. I've only gotten the AVRCP functions to work in Ptunes, however.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12