1.    #1  
    I want to delete all contacts on my 650 and start fresh. 2800 or so.

I sync OTA to an Exchange Server using Versamail 3.5.

Do I delete the contacts in my private Contacts folder and do an OTA sync? Will my Treo believe Outlook and reduce the contacts database to zero?

Is there a database file in my 650 that I can delete? That would be faster than an EDGE sync of a massive blob of contact data.
    ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Aprasad,

Thanks. I deleted this but contacts remain. Repeated attempts now leave me with 5X of everything in Outlook and the Treo. Yeow.

I have the following plausible files in my Treo for deletion:

Contacts (946K)
    ContactsLib-P1CT (65K)

The one you told me to delete is gone and has remained gone.

When I hit "Delete" on the file named "Contacts" it asks whether I want to delete the application plus data. Well, no. Just the data, please.

Any thoughts on this? Meanwhile I'm going to visit Mr. Google. Back in a while.
    Are you using any 3rd party contact manager on the Treo? If not, all the contact data should be in

ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
    ContactsDBIndex-PAdd.pdb

AddressDB.pdbwhich is a fake file used by dataManager to provide compatibility with older applications.

Try deleting all of these ...

Are you syncing with just Outlook on just one PC? or do you sync with multiple PC's?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  5.    #5  
    I'm syncing to Outlook on one PC. Well, to my Exchange Server technically.

Rather than use Menu | Delete I will look for those files using Filez.

Also I deleted all of the Multimail cache files (creator = asc3 and asc4) to eliminate my Versamail Exchange account entirely and started over. I'm in the midst of an OTA sync to an empty Contacts folder in Outlook. If I'm lucky, the Treo will NOT write its contact data to the Contacts folder. :-)

Somehow magically I have eliminated all of the contacts for the letters A through E, however! That's a start, at least.

Thanks for your help, Aprasad.
    The files I mention should be deleted by FileZ after a warm reset (so that no applications are running and the files are not locked).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  7.    #7  
    Followed your suggestions. Made the necessary deletions after pulling out the battery. Magic. Made all the contacts disappear. Now I have an empty Contacts folder in Outlook and an empty Contacts database in the Treo.

Let the www.prolaw.com exports begin.

Thanks, Aprasad.