1.    #1  
    I've seen passing mention of this problem in other posts, but have not seen any answers.

I just got a Sony Ericsson HBH-660 bluetooth headset that has a display for caller ID. For some reason, when receiving a call the caller ID always shows the number of the last caller, not the current one. The caller ID displays normally on the phone.

Re-pairing the device did not fix the problem. Interestingly enough, after resetting the 700p, the first call showed no number for caller ID, then the second call showed the last number. It's almost like it's mocking me!

This can probably just be chocked up to the lame bluetooth on the 700p, but it seemed that some people are not having this problem with the bluetooth in their cars, so I was wondering if there is some possible fix?

FYI- I'm using the hacked phone prc that gets rid of the call duration popup and adds call duration to the call log.

Any ideas???

-- Rob
    I purchased a HI-Tech HE-BT2001 carkit and it does exactly the same thing. I called there tech staff and they had never heard of this problem with any other phone. So I sent mine back. I replaced it with a VR3 Bluetooth carkit and it shows the right caller id. I haven't got a clue why one works and the other doesn't.

Marv
    The prius bluetooth has the caller id problem with the 700p.

Incredibly annoying!

I really hope that this is fixed soon (and that Verizon releases Palm's patch when it becomes available!)
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Toyota Camry Hybrid has the same problem with Treo 700p
    The 700 has the same problem in BMWs (my 5, loaner 3 and x3). My old 650 worked properly. It's a Palm BT issue and it's absurd.
    I wonder why my VR3 VRBT200V carkit works correctly but all the others don't?

For a $600 Palm 700P you would think they could get BT right

Marv
    umm...it's not a "problem" with the treo, it's a built in safety feature on the camry (and probably the prius too) to keep you from taking your eyes of the road to look at the incoming phone number. it shows the last number in your call log.

Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    Toyota Camry Hybrid has the same problem with Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    umm...it's not a "problem" with the treo, it's a built in safety feature on the camry (and probably the prius too) to keep you from taking your eyes of the road to look at the incoming phone number. it shows the last number in your call log.
    Heh. Right, it's a feature.

A feature that the 650 never had, but somehow now that I have the 700, I feel so much more protected.

Now if I really want to know who is calling before answering I have to look at the phone.
    I am having the same problem with my garmin Stret Pilot 550.