Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Smartphone Experts SafeGuard Holster?

Like it? Hate it?

http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-24--1022.htm
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  2. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I am curious to know if the holster will work in conjunction with a skin...?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have one arriving tomorrow. I will let you know.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    I am using the Helix holster. It is almost exactly like this Safeguard holster. The Helix holster has the top clip a little more toward the side and the back of the Helix is slightly different.

The Helix holster came with two types of clips.

I liked the Helix holster so much, I got another one for my 650.

It doesn't look like there's enough variance to accomodate a skinned Treo. It's design isn't much different than the Seidio and Helix holsters.

Two observations on the pictures. First, there is no cut out on the backing of the holster. Depending on the fit, this may cause buttons to be pushed while putting the Treo in or taking it out of the holster. If there's enough wiggle room then this may not be an issue. Then again, if there's wiggle room it may create another issue all together.

Second is the retention clip. My experience with these holster designs is that over time the retention clip will weaken. It varies with the type of material used and the frequency of removing/placing the phone but it will weaken. I had the Seidio holster for about 6 months and began to notice the weakening. The Helix is made of a more rubbery plastic and it may take longer to weaken. I've been using the Seidio Spring clip for about six months and havent' noticed any weakening. It may be the case where it takes longer for the spring to weaken.

I'll be interested in seeing how the holster works out. Please let us know.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Coppertop, I am curious: when you use either the Seidio or Helix holsters, do you have your keyguard on or off?
    - C.S. Lewis
    Keyguard is on.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Just got it. Save your money. It is horrible:

- Lacks the Helix king-fu grip (rather easy to pull the Treo out w/o pushing the release arm).

- Lacks the Seidio soft lining (just plain old plastic inside facing your screen).

- The keys really look like they are getting pressed, but during the 30 seconds my Treo was in the holster, I got an SMS, so I guess things are OK there.

The worst part is that I wear the widest belt that fits through my beltloops, and this holster barely grabs it, as though my belt was really thin.

Oh, well. Live and learn. I suggest you pass on this one.

Peace,

4s
    - C.S. Lewis
    Thanks for the tip 4s.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ster View Post
    Just got it. Save your money. It is horrible
    I was just about to buy and try. Good thing I used that search thingie at the top of the page And that, 4ster, for the feedback!
    Any updates? Does the rubberized interior really last long and not scratch the case?
    I've had mine for about a week, I had a Seidio holster for my Treo 650, and it scratched the phone all over-at every point of contact. When I got my 700p, I did not want to repeat, but I love the functionality of a holster.
    The entire interior is rubber, there is no chance of scratching. In fact, the bottom is all rubber (the part visible in the picture of the back of the Treo), so not only does it not scratch, it's not vulnerable to breaking if bumped against something while the Treo is out.
    My only concerns-and they are minor-are material around the headset jack and the location and width of the arm on top.
    It's difficult to remove and replace the Treo into the holster with a wired headset plugged in, there is just a lot of material around it, which obviously is necessary due to it being all rubber.
    The arm on the top is shifted in slightly-you can actually remove the stylus-and it partially blocks the silence sounds switch. But, since it's partly rubber, it moves easily. I took my Dremel and cut out a half circle which now allows me access to the switch easily.
    I do now need to use the keyguard, when it's in the holster, if the Treo wakes up, something presses.
    Overlooking those minor flaws, this is the best holster I've ever had!