1.    #1  
    I have a serious case of 680 Slipcase Shutdown...

I cannot remove the 680 from it's slipcase without turning off calendar alarms and alerts and silencing incoming phone calls.

When the 680 is in my pocket in the slipcase it is causing me to miss alarms, alerts and phone calls.

With my now retired 600 I had these unacceptable behaviours controlled with a combination of the native keyguard, TreoGuard and the ButtonGuard from a previous version of Bob's popup-launch, now called mobileLAUNCH. sigh...

I have been trying every permutation of keyguard and Keepoff 1.5 Beta and TreoGuard and Disable Buttons 2.1 and and some I can't remember, but I can't beat Slipcase Shutdown.

Does this exist: A keyguard or button guard that allows alerts, calendar alarms, mobileCLOCK (which does not by the way, suffer from SLIPCASE SHUTDOWN), Chime (with the voice time announcements) and last but not least phonecalls to sound, but not become silenced when removing the 680 from a slipcase.

Are there no other 680 owners suffering from this debilitating condition of SLIPCASE SHUTDOWN?
    What kind of case are you using?

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    What kind of case are you using?

Hey ivhs72!

I am using the Treo 600 slipcase (pouch) on my new 680.

I started using it a few months after my naked T600 suffered a few too many scratches and bruises.

I should've used it from day one and my trusty 600 also never suffered from Slipcase Shutdown!

http://www.mycellworld.com/productimage/7699-small.jpg
    You need Butler to disable keys.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie View Post
    You need Butler to disable keys.
    Unfortunately Rob's Butler (including the latest beta) does not solve the 680's accidental button presses due to Slipcase Shutdown silencing calls and alarms/alerts. I have tested it extensively on the 680.

I think it has something to do with the way all the keyguards I've experimented with are reacting on the 680.

The 680 seems to allow key presses while it is awakening and the keyguard is kicking in?

It seems to me only mobileCLOCK isn't affected by accidental key presses from tight pouch cases/slipcases that inadvertently turn off ringing and alerts and calendar alarms.

I've searched numerous other boards and here at TC and have only found one other complaint of this problem. Perhaps no one else uses pouch cases or slipcases?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    Hey ivhs72!

I am using the Treo 600 slipcase (pouch) on my new 680.

I started using it a few months after my naked T600 suffered a few too many scratches and bruises.

I should've used it from day one and my trusty 600 also never suffered from Slipcase Shutdown!

http://www.mycellworld.com/productimage/7699-small.jpg
    I'm using a NiteIze holster for my pouch to hold the phone, and it's not a very tight fit. Snub but not confining. I've ordered a Sena leather case w/o clip or the flip cover. That will make it fit just right as far as I know. I haven't noticed any problems with anything being activated by removing or inserting it in the case as long as I turn the screen off. If I bump it when the screen is off, it wakes up and tells me to push the center button. But nothing beyond that.

7.    #7  
    I think I've discovered the cause of missed calls and calendar alarms and alerts when the Treo 680 is carried in a pocket or purse or in a slipcase... the Treo 680 keyguard is defective.

PALM, Faulty Treo 680 Keyguard Sequencing Cause of Missed Alarms and Alerts

The task now is to get PALM to correct it and in the meantime to get someone to create a workaround.