1.    #1  
    Anyone else have this (minor) issue:

option-p to bring up the brightness settings, use the left button on the 5-way to reduce it...but careful, go too far and your screen will go cmpletely black.

DON'T PANIC - a few pushes of the right-button on the 5 way will bring it back.

I freaked out the first time it did this, hit the home button to try to bring the screen back and got lost in a sea of menues (blindly navigating until I got back to the brightness preference screen).
    The screen doesn't go completely black. The backlight just turns off. But you can still see what is on the screen (unless you're in a dark room...then this is where the screen looks completely black)
    The 650s did this too.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The screen doesn't go completely black. The backlight just turns off. But you can still see what is on the screen (unless you're in a dark room...then this is where the screen looks completely black)
    I was in a dark room - now that I try it in daylight I see what you mean - it isn't really off at all. LOL