1.    #1  
    I did a hard reset on my 650 and want to selectively restore only one app and its associated data - PDAbs to be specific.

I have a BackupBuddy.NET account and was wondering if anyone has tried to do a selective restore (as opposed to a full restore) and what your experience was.

Please let me know. Thanks!
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    The basic account may not have it. The professional version has it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    The basic account may not have it. The professional version has it.
    Thanks! I do have the professional version.

I guess my next steps should be:

1. Install BackupBuddy.NET (I had this installed before my Hard Reset and it was doing scheduled backups successfully)

2. Configure BackupBuddy.NET to do a selective restore

Is that all I need to do?

I have to be careful not to do a backup of my current fresh state before I do the restore. Any gotchas to watch out for in this?

Thanks!
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    Hi Silver-

That should pretty much be all you need to do, though I'm curious as to why you're doing a selective restore?

--Alexis
    Blue Nomad, LLC
    Blue Nomad Sales & Support Team
    www.bluenomad.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Nomad View Post
    Hi Silver-

That should pretty much be all you need to do, though I'm curious as to why you're doing a selective restore?

--Alexis
    Blue Nomad, LLC
    Hi Alexis,

I want to do a selective restore simply because some application caused my Treo to go into a constant reboot loop, so I wanted to isolate the problem by installing a few apps at a time.

Anyway, I tried this last night with the one app I wanted to restore and strangely enough BackupBuddy did not notice any file change on my Treo even though I had a scheduled backup in place before the crash.

I installed the core application on my Treo that I wanted to restore other than the database file. PDAbs to be specific.

So I essentially wanted BB.Net to restore just the data file associated with this application, however when I went through the selective restore process it did not find any difference between what was on my Treo and what was on the Backup Server. For some reason I was under the impression that the BB.net does restores down to the individual file level.

Perhaps the PDAbs app stores its data in a manner that BB.net does not recognize a file that changes over time. I don't know.....
    SilverGS-

Assuming I have understood you correctly - if you try and selectively restore a file, and it is bit-for-bit identical to the one on your PDA (we check by computing a hash) then nothing gets transmitted over the air. The same goes for backup.

If this wasn't your question, and/or you need more help, please don't hesitate to write me or Bobby at support@bluenomad.com.

--Alexis
    Blue Nomad Sales & Support Team
    www.bluenomad.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Nomad View Post
    SilverGS-

Assuming I have understood you correctly - if you try and selectively restore a file, and it is bit-for-bit identical to the one on your PDA (we check by computing a hash) then nothing gets transmitted over the air. The same goes for backup.

If this wasn't your question, and/or you need more help, please don't hesitate to write me or Bobby at support@bluenomad.com.

--Alexis
    Hi Alexis,

I will attempt to do this a different way when I go home tonight. I will delete the PDAbs application completely from my pc and then try to do a restore from BB.net. Maybe that will bring back the app and its associated data file.