Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I just returned from a trip Europe. While there, I left my laptop on Eastern Standard time, but my Treo was on local time. I synced once while there, and about 60% of my appointments in Outlook were shifted back by 1 hour. All of my all-day appointments were changed into appointments with duration of 12 hours, from 11pm the prior day to 11pm the actual day. All of my recurring appointments were changed.

But not all of my timed meetings were changed. Sadly, I don't know which ones were changed and which ones were not.

This is the third time this exact thing has happened.

Can anyone say why?

And is there any way I can get my appointments back to their correct time, other than copying them over from an old backup?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jg70124; 12/19/2006 at 08:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Actually, it now looks like the only appointments that got changed are those that occur when Daylight Savings Time is active in the US (between April 2 and October 28)
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    OK, after more exploration, I discovered that when I come back into the states, the Treo is assigning itself to "GMT-5" instead of "New York". So it doesn't understand Daylight Saving Time, and is moving all the appointments by an hour.

So I would guess the problem is in the way Cingular is sending the time signal.