1.    #1  
    i have a unlocked 650. does anyone know if i can take a tracfone sim card and put it in the 650 and have it work? this seems like a nice and cheap way to just TXT.
    I don't see why you couldn't, and since tracfone is without contracts, it's not much up-front $$ if you fail, correct?
  3.    #3  
    I agree...well, they will not sell me the sim card and minutes without a phone I guess i could go to walmart and buy a $15 phone and try it.
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    I agree...well, they will not sell me the sim card and minutes without a phone I guess i could go to walmart and buy a $15 phone and try it.
    What? Just call them and say you have a phone and let them sent the sim to you. Or if possibly, borrow a sim card from others to try it first.
    You can try it but I'd be very surprised if it worked. TracFone handsets have a special set of features to manage minutes and days of use. They use the handset to manage this rather than some central server. Your Treo does not have this feature so the SIM is unlike to agree to work.

Beck