Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I think the 680 is the best Palm device I have owned, but there are a number of bugs they need to sort out as we can see in this forum. suggest this is made sticky.

Palm, please fix:

Battery life - its terrible
    Speaker volume
    General Volume
    Phone App - fix favorites to show M or W when press space
    Some of us want the flashing green LED when phone is on
    dianaml likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I think the 680 is the best Palm device I have owned, but there are a number of bugs they need to sort out as we can see in this forum. suggest this is made sticky.

Palm, please fix:

Battery life - its terrible
    Speaker volume
    General Volume
    Phone App - fix favorites to show M or W when press space
    Some of us want the flashing green LED when phone is on
    It is an almost perfect Treo! So close. I believe that if Palm can fix the terrible battery life/power management issue, the speaker volume issue and the keyboard flicker issue right away before it does serious damage to its sales. Then the 680 will be as hard to get as the Nintendo Wii or the Sony PS3!

ps: I really prefer to have the old style 2 column favorites display. It would be great if I the D-pad can be used to toggle this option.
    Lets not forget the bluetooth issues:

1. Compatibility
    2. Sending all calls to the headset even when there isn't any headsets, or bluetooth is off.
    I want a way to delete ( when or if I don't need them anymore):
    Quick tour
    Express Mail
    My Treo
    Get Good

A way to arrange the icons as I want them.

A way to listen to Mp3s via bluetooth. instead of a wired headset.

A 3 MP camera with flash would be cool too!

Making the SD card visible as a drive when synced to the PC would be nice. I use Softick on the T3 but I'd like to see the card on the Treo too.

Making a way to connect a contact with a calender entry would be nice. Like say I want to select a contact, then schedule that contact for a meeting. It'd be great to be able to do it from contacts or calendar, also a log created in contacts when that contact was well, contacted would be helpful.

Am I expecting too much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post

Now that would be impressive from a ROM update
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6.    #6  
    lets stick to fixes as opposed to add ons.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    My priorities would be:
    • Battery life (duh) - (although mine is better with the suggestions on this forum)
    • Go back to the 650s phone app - 2 columns & one primary screen
    • If the tabs stay then the ability to map them (like you can map keys)
    • A little more height or size on the center button, I seem to be hitting the wrong button on the 5-way more than I did on a 650
    --Nelson
    I'd add fix the keyboard flicker - although this may be a hardware issue, not a ROM issue - don't know.
    Nelson, some of your suggestions are more "preference" than fixes.

I would like to see these fixed:
    - Battery life (high priority)
    - Keyboard flicker (if possible through rom update)
    - "fully" disconnect from GPRS
    - Stop the network setting from changing after a reset
    - Ability to "fully" power off the phone. Not just the phone mode. Maybe pressing Option plus (hold) Power

That's all I have for now
    Follow Me On

Please Fix:
    - "losing time issue"
    - battery drain issue
    - Bluetooth files sending, audio
    How about fixing the inability to get MMS messages full-screen? They come as small thumnails now! Totally unacceptable!
    Battery Life (might be the same as fully disconnect from GPRS)
    Default Phone screen (the one w/ the picture background) can show more than just the next appointment.
    Speakerphone volume (increase)
    Keyboard sequencing and Alarms (see http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132231)
    Last edited by jsgreen; 12/22/2006 at 11:31 AM.
    The blazer jpeg rendering is not as good as the T650 version. The new version tries to optimize the image for the screen and it distorts the image. Bring the old renderer back. It was fantastic.

You never know what you have until you have lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Now that would be impressive from a ROM update
    LOL
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I want a way to delete ( when or if I don't need them anymore):
    Quick tour
    Express Mail
    My Treo
    Get Good

A way to arrange the icons as I want them.

A way to listen to Mp3s via bluetooth. instead of a wired headset.

Making the SD card visible as a drive when synced to the PC would be nice. I use Softick on the T3 but I'd like to see the card on the Treo too.

Making a way to connect a contact with a calender entry would be nice. Like say I want to select a contact, then schedule that contact for a meeting. It'd be great to be able to do it from contacts or calendar, also a log created in contacts when that contact was well, contacted would be helpful.

Am I expecting too much?
    They will never make this a sticky, nor will we get taken seriously, if we can't seperate issues/fixes, from unrealistic expectations/features for future devices.....Let's keep it simple....the 680 is great, but if they are going to do a firmware update, what is the MOST IMPORTANT things that are needed right away? Clearly some are having issues and others are not.

My Treo 680 is the best PDA/Phone device I have ever owned, but if it could be tweaked at first pass?

1) Battery Drain

2) Improved Speakerphone Volume

3) Network Disconnect Option
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    If ekerbuddy is serious about this, he/she should summarize the fixes in the first message pulling information from the messages below. That way a realistic summary is maintained, and all the "add a 3mp camera" type stuff can be down in the fluff.

Maybe even something like:

Battery (drain, poor reporting, inaccurate meter): 10 people
    Bluetooth compat problems (see msg ###): 3 people
    Keyboard flickering: 3 people
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Please Fix:

- Bluetooth files sending, audio
    I'll echo the BT comments. In general, I think there is some instability in the BT stack and they need to do some work on stabilizing it.
    a) BRING BACK THE LED FLASH/LIGHT FEATURE FROM 650
    b) BRING BACK THE LED FLASH/LIGHT FEATURE FROM 650
    c) BRING BACK THE LED FLASH/LIGHT FEATURE FROM 650

MAKE THE BT headset from makers like NOKIA, SE usable

SIGN OFF YOURSELF A BONUS FOR MAKING 680 - THE BEST EVER PHONE I'VE EVER USED
    1) GPRS data counter. Not all of us have unlimited data plans.

2) Allow dialing of extra digits ("pauses", then office extensions) from the Contacts database. Restricting this to the favorites is just short-sighted.

3) Profiles - I shouldn't have to resort to 3rd party apps for this, when my Nokia 6188 in 1998 had profiles.
    next and back option in sms. it on the 600.

i dont know why they took it out on the 650 and left it out on the 680.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast