Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    I hate the 3 - 4 second lag for no reason sometimes. I have nothing loaded on my phone at the moment just testing it and it STILL does it in the phone app.
    Disable Time Sync.

C'mon people, read the FAQ before complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I'd say there remains a battery life issue. Post camera update I still don't get anywhere near the posted 4 hours of talk time or 300 hours of standby time. Also, there's still alot of folks talking about battery life / lack of if the problem is resolved.
    First, I've never ever ever met a phone that came within 80% of the rated time. Those specs assume strong consistent cell signal which we all know isn't always there.

And yes, there are lots of people who haven't bothered or deliberately avoid doing the things which are necessary to train the battery.

There are no (current) issues with battery life. The 680 actually lasts longer than the 650 when using bluetooth and push e-mail all day long. I routinely get 20 hours with 7 synced mailboxes, always on.

Now, can we stop blathering about well known and long-fixed problems and focus on the real bugs that the 680 does have? (of which there are many)
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    I hate the 3 - 4 second lag for no reason sometimes. I have nothing loaded on my phone at the moment just testing it and it STILL does it in the phone app.
    no lag here either (unlocked Treo on GSM) but major Bluetooth problems when used in combination with Macs. Can't send anything - device reboots instantly. Browsing the device doesn't work either - my Macbook Pro tells me that the Treo doesn't support the necessary services.
    ...well all I want is the 3rd colour back for the LED! My old 600 used to have red, orange and green...Using Butler, I had orange for "sms" and green for "voicemail"...liked that a lot!!!!!!!

d
    1. Fix Bluetooth - won't hand off to car kit
    2. Get rid of periodic keyboard flash
    3. Don't change LED! My 600 had software fix to keep it turned off.
    4. Not a 680 issue but Palm needs to fix HotSync to work with
    Vista NOW! Can't back up programs, can't download new programs,
    can't back up data bases, Docs to Go doesn't work - this is ridiculous
    for an OS that's almost your only choice when you buy a new computer.

After all that rant - the 680 is a great phone!
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680
    I have been a user of Palms since the early days. I think my first was thr 1000. I was also an early adopter of the Treos - getting a 180 - which was quite the challenge to use!
    I have then used a series of treo's, right up to the 650 which I was reasonable happy with.
    Now our IT group decided I needed a 680. What was the manufacturer thinking? This is the first backward step in a while. The only positive I can find is the memory!
    I have many meetings every day and have come to depend on the reminders... except they took off the repeat function! So now when it is on silent it vibrates for 1/2 a second and stops. I have missed the starts of meetings several times. I asked our IT team to look for a fix, but there isn't one. This is such a mistake I have given it back to our IT people and told them to give it to someone else. I am back on the 650.
    Why eliminate a great feature?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    BLUETOOTH!
    I have yet to find a post w/ my same problem, maybe someone here will see it. I have an '04 Toyota Land Cruiser, BT on the 650 worked fine however when talking on the factory BT kit if another call comes in the oringial call is disconnected no matter what I do, try to answer the second, ignore etc. Also, the second call doesn't connect. Anyone else? Any ideas? Thanks!!!
    Unlocked 680, Cingular
    Exit Realty Talbot and Company
    I'm sorry if this has been posted..

•The popup menues (holding the house button for previous, Ptunes menues, or the redial list from the phone application) STOPS WORKING!!! I don't know the cause.

•My boot time is 175-200 seconds!!! That's about 160 seconds longer than the previous model, Treo 650.

• It freezes for 2 seconds every 30 seconds when Network Date and Time is applied (and I cannot go without this since it's a given I will run out of battaries and the time will go out of whack).

•Overall lag. What the heck? Why is the "updated" Treo have awful Graphics performance all of a sudden... with more memory and the same processor!! This is completly software and I believe a firmware or sw revision can fix this.
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    To clarify the popup menu malfunction, I meant such things as the Ptunes popup playback menu, the list of previously opened applications or the previously made out going calls... disappears.
    When you show calendar items in the center phone app - it seems to cause a lag when navigating to the other phone apps - completely unacceptable.

Hitting the phone button repeatedly should make the device switch between phone apps. You shouldn't have to move to the five-way controller.

The time should be shown in all of the phone apps - any cheap cell phone will do that.

Let us do as much one-handed navigation as possible. Take a look at Address XT. I would love to have my contacts collapsed and NOT broken down by phone numbers. In other words, be able to click on the name and then navigate to the number. Again, any cell phone will do that.

As others have mentioned:
    -let us get rid of apps we don't want - adapting technology to marketing only ticks off users who have shelled out a lot of money for a device we can customize to our needs.

-there HAS to be a quick way of cutting off an internet connection. That's a no-brainer. I shouldn't have to download an app to do it. I think old Treos let you do that.

My 2 cents.
    The phone is nearly USELESS as an organizer.. it rings its alert ONCE and then stops.
    1-cannot initiate a phone call by pushing button on bluetooth headset
    2-would like to be able to toggle between pda application (e.g. memo) and phone and back and forth
    3-web browser needs disconnect option inside of app

thank you
    Just fix the ECHO BUG with bluetooth headsets and car kits.
    It likes the same Treo 650 Bluetooth ECHO bug that I heared before.
    Palm just not fixed it yet (Treo 650 and 680).
    It is enough for me.
    Tan Tunador, I have the same bug when a call is incoming at the same time an other.
    These Palm Bluetooth bugs sucks a lot!!!! What a hell!!!
    Hi all,
    I wonder whether anyone has experienced the battery going haywire after using the silent button. Lately I am using it pretty often due to several official meeting I am going through. I have noticed that even if you use this button for awhile your battery starts draining fast. I used it today to turn off the speaker for one hour and the battery draind 10% during this time!
    Please share this issue so that TREO managers could incorporate this issue in their new ROM Updater for unlocked treo 680.!
    Quote Originally Posted by visahmad View Post
    Hi all,
    I wonder whether anyone has experienced the battery going haywire after using the silent button. Lately I am using it pretty often due to several official meeting I am going through. I have noticed that even if you use this button for awhile your battery starts draining fast. I used it today to turn off the speaker for one hour and the battery draind 10% during this time!
    Please share this issue so that TREO managers could incorporate this issue in their new ROM Updater for unlocked treo 680.!
    I think this is expected. When you switch to silent and get a fair number of alarms which make the unit vibrate, you will use more battery than when it is using the speaker. The vibrate device, I think, uses more energy than the ringer.
    Yeah, I was gonna say that 10% an hour with a 1200 mAh battery just doesn't seem that unusual after everything else we've read about applications, config, and battery usage.

I ultimately solved my battery life woes by taking the 4mm hit and purchasing a Seidio 2400 mAh battery. The extra size did take a little getting used to, but I've yet to have my phone die on me in the middle of the day... even without having it on a charger! wow What a breath of fresh air. Because it's LiIon, I do still follow my usual charging practices at home and in the car -- basically, if I'm not going to be handling it I pop it on the charger. But it's extremely nice knowing that I needn't worry about it on those occasions where I won't be near a charger all day.

One thing I have found interesting is that on one occasions where I did think I was going to run down the 2400 mAh battery, I just kept getting "please charge now" warnings. I suspect the battery meter is still an issue, and I hope this is one thing that Palm addresses in the ROM update -- though when that's supposed to be coming for unlocked devices is anyone's guess I suppose.
    hehe... i have a 2400 mAh battery on the way too.. We'll see how long it takes to get used to the extra thickness.

I reflashed my unlocked ROM about 2 weeks ago... what's taking you so long?
    Automatic disconnect from GPRS after a settable time
    fix the tendency to send to bluetooth even if headset is absent or out of range.
    Fix occasional tendency to reset on calls with bluetooth enabled
    enable synch and file transfer with computers via IR port
    ring and speaker volume too low and has a tendency to reset itslef at mid level even if confirmed with 3rd button

Phone functionality i'd like to see bundled with the phone
    Profiles (as per Nokia)
    Call timer
    Ability to turn the screen back on during a call if needed (i set mine to turn off once the call is received bu sometimes need functions from the screen)
    signal indicator LED (red when out of range)

Otherwise great phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jahmusic View Post
    Phone functionality i'd like to see bundled with the phone
    Profiles (as per Nokia)
    Call timer
    Ability to turn the screen back on during a call if needed (i set mine to turn off once the call is received bu sometimes need functions from the screen)
    signal indicator LED (red when out of range)

Otherwise great phone
    1. A simple freeware accomplishes it, called Profiles.

2. Call timer.. It's right on the screen during a call!

3. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $screen$ $never$ $turns$ $off$, $it$ $just$ $dims$. $But$ $even$ $if$ $it$ $does$, $press$ $a$ $hard$ $key$, $like$ $the$ $Home$ $key$. $That$'$ll$ $return$ $you$ $to$ $the$ $launcher$. $Or$ $if$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $see$ $the$ $phone$ $app$ ($send$ $digits$ $or$ $such$), $just$ $press$ $the$ $Phone$ $button$. $Obviously$ $don$'$t$ $press$ $the$ $Red$ $button$!

4. If you're out of range, it flickers the orange LED. Doesn't stay on 100%.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast