Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by david_angel View Post
    -cannot handle 2nd incoming calls, device freezes on second line pick-up still going on.. found work around with self written script.
    wrong. i have been using it since Saturday and its flawless.....kind of points to whatever 3rd party apps you have on your device
    Last edited by kyle16; 03/28/2007 at 01:30 PM.
    I would happily put up with any issue in this thread - if they would just fix the battery life issue.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I would happily put up with any issue in this thread - if they would just fix the battery life issue.

Dunc
    There is no battery life issue (at least not anymore after the camera patch).
    Battery might not last as long as you want, but that is to be expected from a device with twice the memory as 650 and only a 1200mAh battery.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    I hate the 3 - 4 second lag for no reason sometimes. I have nothing loaded on my phone at the moment just testing it and it STILL does it in the phone app.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    I hate the 3 - 4 second lag for no reason sometimes. I have nothing loaded on my phone at the moment just testing it and it STILL does it in the phone app.
    I have this problem too. What i do is remove the sim card and re-insert. It seems too help until the problem starts again a few days later. so you will then have to remove the sim card again
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    no lag on my phone. I have a unlocked version from palm. I have lots of apps loaded like chatter email, tcpmp, stockbroker, xweather, google maps, directory assistant, resco explorer, uninstall manager and a few more. I think your issues may be caused by the orange tweaks
    consider your self lucky. Mine is unlocked and still has lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    There is no battery life issue (at least not anymore after the camera patch).
    Battery might not last as long as you want, but that is to be expected from a device with twice the memory as 650 and only a 1200mAh battery.
    I'd say there remains a battery life issue. Post camera update I still don't get anywhere near the posted 4 hours of talk time or 300 hours of standby time. Also, there's still alot of folks talking about battery life / lack of if the problem is resolved.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj View Post
    no lag on my phone. I have a unlocked version from palm. I have lots of apps loaded like chatter email, tcpmp, stockbroker, xweather, google maps, directory assistant, resco explorer, uninstall manager and a few more. I think your issues may be caused by the orange tweaks
    Ditto, I've never seen a lag either ?

There must be a common casue for other's lag, I'm on an unlocked GSM too.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Ditto, I've never seen a lag either ?

There must be a common casue for other's lag, I'm on an unlocked GSM too.
    Well the users of the Treo 700p; we have the lag all the time. I am thinking of getting the 755p. (Hope the lag issue is fixed!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    I'd say there remains a battery life issue. Post camera update I still don't get anywhere near the posted 4 hours of talk time or 300 hours of standby time. Also, there's still alot of folks talking about battery life / lack of if the problem is resolved.
    Yeah, that battery life is a joke. More like 18 hours here, if lucky.

Kwan.
    Battery Life
    Ability to change icons
    Ability to delete stuff of ROM
    Program to see how much data is being used

you know your basic everyday needs otherwise a great Device to have!!!

Who are You talking to?

See Who Here
    Just to "add" my comments to those already posted :

1. Favorites buttons - less useful than before --> Much more time consuming than before. At the very least, split the buttons in two, and make it two columns !!

2. Contacts - is HORRIBLE !.....
    a) The scrolling is MUCH SLOWER (hold the "down" button in the 650 and watch it SCROLL...... hold the "down" button in the 680 and watch it JUMP pages)
    b) why couldn't they allow for FULL SCREEN view of the contacts? (eliminating the bottom menu bar)
    c) why on earth is the "Category" selection now in the main screen, at the very least put it on the top menu bar (there is so much wasted space) just like in the 650 !

3. "Main" screen is useless, non functional - I hope someone makes a program where this actually gets more functionality

4. Screen - I find it more yellow, and less bright than my treo 650

5. "Hang up call" button on screen - this was useful for those of us who locked the screen on a call (to prevent, our face from inadvertendly hitting something on the screen)...so when we wanted to end a call - we hit the center button. (not a big deal)

6. Text Input - why is it S-L-O-W-E-R ?

--> It seems to me, honestly, if Palm just added more memory to the 650 and removed the Antenna - they would have come up with a Treo much better than the 680.

--> As far as the 680 is concerned, I think it is a "decent" device. Just complaining about why would a company engineer-out functionality of a device? It makes no sense.

-alf
    Definatley change the phone app. They still have it on the 700 and 650...it should be on the 680 too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwadejr9 View Post
    Definatley change the phone app. They still have it on the 700 and 650...it should be on the 680 too!
    sorry for the shameless plug, but i recommend dialbyphoto for your phone app. http://www.dialbyphoto.com
    1 the 680's Phone app stinks - much less user-friendly than the 650's. A major problem with this smartphone. Lots of well-targeted reasons are listed in the comments to this review:
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/11/tr..._review_1.html

2 my 680 often freezes when I receive a call.

Other than that, it's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    If ekerbuddy is serious about this, he/she should summarize the fixes in the first message pulling information from the messages below. That way a realistic summary is maintained, and all the "add a 3mp camera" type stuff can be down in the fluff.

Maybe even something like:

Battery (drain, poor reporting, inaccurate meter): 10 people
    Bluetooth compat problems (see msg ###): 3 people
    Keyboard flickering: 3 people
    I second the BT problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj View Post
    heckj,
    you mention you don't have the lag... I'm on a cingular locked 680
    I bought my the day in came out in NY - 11/22/06.
    No matter what app I'm using there is a 3-4 sec. time frame where the phone freezes. This happens about every minute or some.
    This even happens when the antenna is off.
    I installed battery.prc to check this out and something is definitely going on because the battery meter constantly spikes between under 10mA to around 200mA's constantly.
    I've tested this with current apps, then after hard reset, and then after hard reset with camera patch provided by palm.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jrackerman View Post
    heckj,
    you mention you don't have the lag... I'm on a cingular locked 680
    I bought my the day in came out in NY - 11/22/06.
    No matter what app I'm using there is a 3-4 sec. time frame where the phone freezes. This happens about every minute or some.
    This even happens when the antenna is off.
    I installed battery.prc to check this out and something is definitely going on because the battery meter constantly spikes between under 10mA to around 200mA's constantly.
    I've tested this with current apps, then after hard reset, and then after hard reset with camera patch provided by palm.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    A lot of folks, including me, have had good luck getting rid of the lag by going into Prefs>Date & Time and setting "Automatically set" to "Nothing." Make sure you then manually set to the right time zone and the right time. This will keep your Treo from going out to check the time automatically, and should stop the lag problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobwelsh View Post
    Battery Life
    Ability to change icons
    Ability to delete stuff of ROM
    Program to see how much data is being used

you know your basic everyday needs otherwise a great Device to have!!!
    You can change some of the icons with AppIcon...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=AppIcon
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast