Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Is [I]anybody getting full-sized pictures in their MMS messages? I think the fact that this program is now merged with the regular SMS program has affected the 680's ability to receive full-size pictures. All I get are thumbnail-sized pictures. Could it be a T-Mobile issue? Shouldn't be, since owners of 650's got full-sized pictures. This is maddening!
    I'd add resolve:
    - Call Waiting Lock-ups (pretty frequent on Call-Waiting for me)
    - Rare, but not rare enough, soft reboot as call is incoming problem.
    Pilot 1000 (Sept '96 - Orginial 128k - then upgrade to 512k, then 1mb, then custom 2mb,) IIIxe, m130, CLIE NX-60, Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    Is [I]anybody getting full-sized pictures in their MMS messages? I think the fact that this program is now merged with the regular SMS program has affected the 680's ability to receive full-size pictures. All I get are thumbnail-sized pictures. Could it be a T-Mobile issue? Shouldn't be, since owners of 650's got full-sized pictures. This is maddening!
    Try saving the photo to your handheld. I just tried this with a photo I received, and when looking at it in the Pics & Video, it was full size.
    phone app is tereble, cant see call duratio, scroling in phone book is x6 faster in 650
    btw it be fine to add all ours tips in one mesage on start of topic
    Last edited by atari; 02/10/2007 at 10:58 AM.
    Moer issues:

1) Losing time
    2) Some Installation CDs are faulty - a few of my colleagues have defective ones. Poor quality control here.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    having MMS problem too, I have called Cingular and spent hours on the phone going through all sorts of possibilities. I can send text only NO pics.. I know 3 ppl with this phone all on Cingular with the same problem. When I take out sim and put it in another Cingular phone that is not a Treo it sends the pic! They say it is device problem, and have not had any other complaints about this problem!!! But I did experimentation with 2 others , same phone,they could not send pics either... not even thumbnail size. I get an error message saying, message not sent ,connection was interupted,failed.. anyone else having the prob?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by elandi View Post
    having MMS problem too, I have called Cingular and spent hours on the phone going through all sorts of possibilities. I can send text only NO pics.. I know 3 ppl with this phone all on Cingular with the same problem. When I take out sim and put it in another Cingular phone that is not a Treo it sends the pic! They say it is device problem, and have not had any other complaints about this problem!!! But I did experimentation with 2 others , same phone,they could not send pics either... not even thumbnail size. I get an error message saying, message not sent ,connection was interupted,failed.. anyone else having the prob?
    Thanks!
    Do you happen to have chatteremail? shut it down and then try again if so.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Quote Originally Posted by reMarkable View Post
    I'd add resolve:
    - Rare, but not rare enough, soft reboot as call is incoming problem.
    I get that too. I have been trying to pinpoint whats causing it, but it doesnt happen that frequently. About once in a week so far.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Quote Originally Posted by elandi View Post
    having MMS problem too, ... anyone else having the prob?
    I don't have a problem sending pictures; however, when the signal is weak people complain that the photo they receive is garbled or only 1/2 of the picture is shown.

PS: Compared to the 650, my 680 is a wonderful thing.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Moer issues:

1) Losing time
    I have got this problem too, it happens sometimes that the time on my Treo is behind, sometimes almost half an hour.
    I would add to all what’s mentioned before:
    1. Floating & done events in the calendar menu as it was in the 600

Any idea when is the new firmware update should be launched?
    The Glen phenomenon...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138460

if you dont hang up the 680 after someone calls you, and just let it go back to standby after they stop the call, it doesnt shut down properly and the standby drain rate is 3-6x higher than normal until either you do a soft reset, or you receive another call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherifelabd View Post
    Treo 600 used Datebk3 (licensed from Pimlicosoftware). In the mean time this application has had some evolutions (latest being Datebk6).
    Standard Calendar can not do this but when you install Datebk6 you will have those nice floats again
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherifelabd View Post

Any idea when is the new firmware update should be launched?
    Hi Sherifelabd:

Kaif Halak?

I have a workaround that works just fine for me having moved from a 600 to a 680.

I have added three new calender categories, Done, Pending and Rollover and assigned colours to them, Done=green, Pending=red and Rollover=salmon or pink or whatever that pinkish colour is...

Then I added Hobbyist Software's Rollover program which causes any calendar appointment with a category of Rollover (or whatever category name you choose to assign) to float until you change its category to something else, in my case when the floating calendar item is finally completed I change its category to Done.

It works just fine for me
    -several crashes during operation
    -crash DURING a conversation ( 4 -6 x week )
    -crash at line pick-up
    -time sync on network connect N/A
    -cannot handle 2nd incoming calls, device freezes on second line pick-up
    -battery drain, need to have 2 batteries for 1 day operation
    -slow swap from screen to screen, sometime 1/5 sec. delay between key-input
    - Treo 650 shortcuts where much better that the actual favorites, because 680-version demands more interaction than Before.
    -still no SMS confirmation on sucessful send os sms-message.
    -No auto date & Time sync with GSM/provider on network-connect
    -poor camera quality
    -poor sound quality over bluetooth earphone ( Jabra High-end model)
    -still no embedded MSN messenger, Palm looses sales with the absence of it... now that verichat is out, the 2 other ones are below satisfaction, no alternative
    -email program very slow, many bugs on mail-sizes
    - Keyboard are made of lower quality compared to TREO 650
    -Terribely slow boot-up time compared to TREO 650
    -Hot battery swap absent!!!!
    -Cannot disable add-it, good solution for commercial purposes, why can't they use it for fragmented device updates?
    david-angel-

above is a multiple thread post... you've made your point, don't belabor it.
    david_angel, allow me to comment on your 'gripes' ...

Quote Originally Posted by david_angel View Post
    -several crashes during operation
    -crash DURING a conversation ( 4 -6 x week )
    Not on my device. Most likely SW conflict on yours. How did you upgrade from 650 to 680 ?
    -crash at line pick-up
    No problem here. Again, possible SW conflict.
    -time sync on network connect N/A
    3th party tools available for that
    -cannot handle 2nd incoming calls, device freezes on second line pick-up
    You might have a point here. I do have a problem with that as well ...
    -battery drain, need to have 2 batteries for 1 day operation
    No, 1 battery is just fine for me (HEAVY PDA usage and quite some calls)
    -slow swap from screen to screen, sometime 1/5 sec. delay between key-input
    Swap screen, sometimes. Slow key input: no.
    - Treo 650 shortcuts where much better that the actual favorites, because 680-version demands more interaction than Before.
    Can't comment, haven't had a 650.
    -still no SMS confirmation on sucessful send os sms-message.
    I don't get why this is so important. If you really want to get in touch with someone, call, don't SMS. Seems to be a decease of nowadays.
    -No auto date & Time sync with GSM/provider on network-connect
    Provider issue, has nothing to do with device.
    -poor camera quality
    Well, yes. It is only a .3 Mpixel camera, you knew that when you bought the device.
    -poor sound quality over bluetooth earphone ( Jabra High-end model)
    Can't comment.
    -still no embedded MSN messenger, Palm looses sales with the absence of it... now that verichat is out, the 2 other ones are below satisfaction, no alternative
    Looses sales because of the absence of it ? Where did you get that from ?
    -email program very slow, many bugs on mail-sizes
    Could be, but I use SnapperMail so I am happy
    - Keyboard are made of lower quality compared to TREO 650
    Can't compare but to me it is darn good !
    -Terribely slow boot-up time compared to TREO 650
    Can't tell (no 650). It IS a lot slower then my T3, but it is a lot better then my WinXP machine
    -Hot battery swap absent!!!!
    Why need this ? No info is lost due to NVFS ?
    -Cannot disable add-it, good solution for commercial purposes, why can't they use it for fragmented device updates?
    Oh yes you can. Disable the conduit in Hotsync manager. Run Addit manually when you want to.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Our office is an engineering office, developing software and hardware for the medical industry. We have been developing software and HARDWARE interfaces since the TREO 180, 270, 600, 650.. and now the 680. Our team have concluded that the software actually provided as is in the TREO 680 is an unfinished version, as the device had to be launched in a very short time, while releasing other Treo products. That is also the reason that ACCESS will shortly be out and a new developpement is ongoing on with a LINUX basis. So believe me. The 680 with it's actaul version is a buggy device that will HEAL when an update is available. Another issue is that the 680 is a LOW-END device costing only 300 €+ VAT is EU in order to compete in this market. So we cannot expect the quality of an High-End device. Have you noticed that for example the keybord as a much lower quality than the 650 ? We have sold over 2689 TREO 650 and we are now at 442 TREO 680 with a lots of returns. We would rather have seen an more expensive model whith a better developpement. Hopefully Palm will understand that for future product releases.
    Last edited by david_angel; 03/21/2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: type error
    Has anyone confirmed that Palm reads this? I'd think they'd be foolish not to but you never know.
    k. we have been working and observed the latest delivery of 46 units this week....

On my personal device :

crash DURING a conversation. much better since clean install, but what use if you have to trew away all the payd and working software each time Palm releases a new hardware .????

-cannot handle 2nd incoming calls, device freezes on second line pick-up still going on.. found work around with self written script.

-battery drain, need to have 2 batteries for 1 day operation still a problem

- Treo 650 shortcuts where much better that the actual favorites, because 680-version demands more interaction than Before. we have re-written a favorites page like the 650 had, so sad you never had a 650...

-poor sound quality over bluetooth earphone ( Jabra High-end model) still very poor, we are working on a patch for our swiss customers, but sound echoes... need to fix that.

Looses sales because of the absence of it ? Where did you get that from ? from our palm sales and the requests from our customers to had MSN delivered WITH the device, an OEM agreement was made prior that Verichat went offline. Or did you have a better sales.. if ever ?

Could be, but I use SnapperMail so I am happy ... euh for an "smartphone anno 2007"... a simple mail program that is working properly should be embedded... versamail is... but still with a list og bugs..

Can't compare but to me it is darn good ! .. so sad you can't compare, you never had a 650.. feel the 5-way navigator on both devices, use it in the calender and browse from day to day... and observe... quite interesting to observe the quality difference while browsing... treo 650 = 495 euro ... treo 680= 295 euro...

Why need this ? No info is lost due to NVFS ? If you noticed at what speed the 650 was rebooting after battery change.. you will cry for the speed of the 680 .. God.. that thing is loooooooooowwwwwwwwww.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast