Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    1) that reply came from a private message which is not ethical to be posted in public without my consent (but there was not really a secret in there )
    2) I do have an additional profile, though not GPRS related. I do see 3 to 4 GPRS related profiles on my device (assuming they come from the installation process)
    3) I did add an additional profile and that is the one I am using (not counting the one I use for Bluetooth network access, that I added as well).

Don't jump to conclusions too fast ...
    Last edited by holvoetn; 01/05/2007 at 02:12 AM.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    1) that reply came from a private message which is not ethical to be posted in public without my consent (but there was not really a secret in there )
    2) I do have an additional profile, though not GPRS related. I do see 3 to 4 GPRS related profiles on my device (assuming they come from the installation process)
    3) I did add an additional profile and that is the one I am using (not counting the one I use for Bluetooth network access, that I added as well).

Don't jump to conclusions too fast ...
    Well, perhaps my point would be better clarified by saying that I believe we're comparing apples and oranges with respect to the issue we're describing having. You're describing not having a problem with a feature you don't use.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Well, perhaps my point would be better clarified by saying that I believe we're comparing apples and oranges with respect to the issue we're describing having. You're describing not having a problem with a feature you don't use.
    I think that sums it up pretty well
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by rmontrose View Post
    So I believe there is something going on with the 680 and MMC/SD cards. Anyone else have this issue?
    I've had my 680 for about two and a half weeks now, using the MMC card from Palm. So far, at least, I've had no such problem. I, too, am using Butler and Phone Tech.
    Just a quick question... are you using a profile other than the default for WAP? And what ROM are you running?
    I did not change my network settings. The 680 read them off the Cingular network itself when I first went to Call Preferences, and I have not changed them. I am using ROM version TREO680-1.04-ROW. I ordered my unlocked Treo directly from Palm, they shipped it on December 17, I got it the 18th.

something invalid so it can't connect that way -- but rather which profile it wants to use when connecting.
    Ah, so the problem isn't that it's losing your network settings, it's that it's reverting to the default profile on a reset, not the custom profile you set up.

If you're not already using it, get Reset Doctor from Hobbyist Software. It's primary function is to back up your system prefs and restore them in the event of a crash/reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordol View Post
    Ah, so the problem isn't that it's losing your network settings, it's that it's reverting to the default profile on a reset, not the custom profile you set up. If you're not already using it, get Reset Doctor from Hobbyist Software. It's primary function is to back up your system prefs and restore them in the event of a crash/reset.
    Yes, that is a more accurate description. And, for a while, it seemed to have a habit of turning off BT after a reset... but that seems to have stopped happening. Although I appreciate the suggestion for a fix, I reject the notion that something that behaved properly on the 650 should suddenly need a third party application on the 680. *shrug* it's a bug, it needs fixing. It's probably not as urgent as the battery meter problem, but as long as they're in there...
    I've tried Sony 610 and Nokia 900 BT headsets. Both pair with the 680, work for one phone call, then hang. BT headset experience on the 650 was much better. I believe it is the phone, not the headsets. I'm waiting for this to be addressed before wasting time on more headsets. This is really my only gripe, I'm digging the 680 other than this.
    Out of curiosity, how often did Palm release updates/glitch fixes for previous Treo versions?
    Yes, that is a more accurate description. And, for a while, it seemed to have a habit of turning off BT after a reset... but that seems to have stopped happening. Although I appreciate the suggestion for a fix, I reject the notion that something that behaved properly on the 650 should suddenly need a third party application on the 680. *shrug* it's a bug, it needs fixing. It's probably not as urgent as the battery meter problem, but as long as they're in there...
    I started using PrefDoc on the 650 in order to bullet-proof my settings in the frequent "prefs db open" crash problems that was resulting from the 650's buggy dbcache purging.

The final ROM upgrade to 1.17-CNG helped, but it wasn't a full cure. RLock helped, but wasn't a full cure. I don't know if it's really needed on the 680, but it does other stuff, too, that makes it worthwhile to keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgmr1 View Post
    I've tried Sony 610 and Nokia 900 BT headsets. Both pair with the 680, work for one phone call, then hang. BT headset experience on the 650 was much better. I believe it is the phone, not the headsets. I'm waiting for this to be addressed before wasting time on more headsets. This is really my only gripe, I'm digging the 680 other than this.
    I believe you're right. I had a Logitech Mobile Traveler which worked great, had great volume, even in a car at highway speeds, and likewise people on the other end could hear me clearly. Then I upgraded to the 680 and it killed the headset.

When I did that and paired it, once it had made a connection for a call, the headset would not disconnect from the Treo and re-enter standby. I had to turn it off, toggle the BT on the 680 off and on again and then turn the headset back on. Bleah. Then the headset fell out of its holster on my belt into a... plumbing fixture full of (clean) water, and it never recovered from that. Then the earloop snapped....

Go here for Palm's current list of known compatible BT devices: http://www.palm.com/us/support/bluet...atibility.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Out of curiosity, how often did Palm release updates/glitch fixes for previous Treo versions?
    There were two ROM updates to the Cingular 650 in the first year I had one. I got it in June of '05. There were a few non-ROM updates as well.
    make it as thin as blackjack

flashing LED !!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    There is a serious a problem with TimeSync. Sometimes my phone simply doesn't connect to the network and pauses. I relay on that so much because I can't be bothered to make the time manually. Now T680 drains the battery so fast each and every charge I have to set time is really a headache. When I set TimeSync to do nothing this problem goes away. But I need Time Sync.

Problem two is the battery issue. If you open/run the Camera App once the battery drain is so much quicker. That Treo keeps providing power to the camera hardware unit even after we quit it or something. You have to rest to get the normal battery life again. So I don't use the camera (It's lousy anyway)

Are Palm listening this? We have to start a new thread and urge Palm to release a ROM update ASAP

Anyone?
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana View Post
    There is a serious a problem with TimeSync. Sometimes my phone simply doesn't connect to the network and pauses. I relay on that so much because I can't be bothered to make the time manually. Now T680 drains the battery so fast each and every charge I have to set time is really a headache. When I set TimeSync to do nothing this problem goes away. But I need Time Sync.
    TimeSync, as in one of the extras included with BackupBuddy for the desktop? It syncs the Palm/Treo to your desktop time when you hotsync. No network required. And, if you're with Cingular (at least) it gives you a more accurate time.
    1- Battery Life
    2- Flicking Keyboard
    3- Call Duration in Call Details
    4- Multiple recipients selection in SMS application (select by checkboxes)
    5- Video recording more than 5 sec in MMS application
    6- Built-in MP3 ring tones (without 3rd party application)
    7- Enable Contacts sync with Palm Desktop while there is an Exchange account in Versamail
    8- Pushmail with Exchange 2003 SP2
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    The blazer jpeg rendering is not as good as the T650 version. The new version tries to optimize the image for the screen and it distorts the image. Bring the old renderer back. It was fantastic.

You never know what you have until you have lost it.
    I have to retract this posting. The new blazer was configured to use a carrier proxy which was "treating" the jpegs before sending them to my new 680. The blazer provided with the 680 renders graphics exactly the same plus has many wonderful fixes and enhancements. For example, the caching seems to work properly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    1. Delays or the Pauses issue while using the device.
    This is well known to be Time Sync. Turn it off, problem goes away and battery drain is reduced.
    Here are two more problems with 680 - stay with me - it is a complicated problem:
    One - Under Security - Hide Records, when certain records are marked "private", I will not see them under "Contact", however, under SMS search, these "private" records will show.

Two - Under Security - Hide Records, when certain records are marked "private", for Last Names start with "Y", I will be able to see them in "Contact" (these records with with "Y" are not marked for private) however, I will not be able to see them in SMS search.

Hope Palm will be able to fix this problem with the next ROM upgrade.
    SERIOUS Problem with SMS application! Try doing this:

1. Turn off the phone access
    2. Create and Send an SMS (it will be stored in Outbox).
    3. Turn on the phone... hello, endless loop!

How I got out of the loop - turn off phone again, go to outbox, delete the SMS (or if it's a really important one, save it as a draft so you can resend it later), then turn on the phone.
    hangs/freeze for about 3 seconds for a while while writing or when 5 waying ( this really becoming annoying!!!! )
    flickering keyboard

When you all say time sync is the problem of this hangs/freeze do you mean under Preferencer>General>Date and Time to change Automatically set to "Nothing"?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast