Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xtronics View Post
    Studies in WWII showed that people would argue more with just the addition of a little latency.
    Sometimes I wonder about certain studies, why people conduct them , and what they mean (what the hell is the significance of this finding in the real world).
    I have not found that I argue any more on a cell phone (with latency problems) vs. having a direct conversation when standing right next to them. Maybe even less.
    Last edited by mistercoffee1; 12/21/2006 at 06:00 PM.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    Anyone else have "clock not accurate" problem? I lost a couple a minutes here and there quite frequently and been late to work twice this week already as I use my Treo as my alarm clock .. wonder if this is a hardware or firmware issues..
    Both the 650 and 680 will lose time if you pop the battery out to do a reset. Doing a soft reset via program control does not do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Sorry folks, I just loaded the trial version of Initiate on my 680 and went to move "my Treo" to the SD card. It said "moving" then gave me a message saying it could not delete the original application could it be locked to ROM?
    Yes, "My Treo" is in ROM, and thus cannot be moved or removed. So is "Wired Car Kit".
    1. Bluetooth pairing:
    When I turned off my bluetooth headset, 680 recognized it. If someone call me immediately, 680 will still route it to the bluetooth headset, which is already off.
    It is just a little annoying, and shouldn't be too hard to fix on a firmware update.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Sort Phonebook by First Name
    #1 Problem --> Battery Drain
    Searching and scrolling in the Phone App's Contacts screen is profoundly slow to respond. It is significantly slower to respond than the 650's Contacts app.

This makes it difficult to use the phone as a, well, phone.
    Does anyone have an idea on when Palm will release a firmware update?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    lets stick to fixes as opposed to add ons.
    So where do folks list ideas for improvement?

I am personally giving up on the treo 680 and going back to the decent 650 for now, but wouldn't mind listing a few things to see if they show up in a future model (like, move the Sim card tray back to the outside, I have lots of Sim cards for different Asian countries and I loved the convenience of it outside the battery compartment)
    --
    Pilot 5000--> PalmPilot Professional--> Palm III--> Palm IIIe--> Handspring Visor--> Treo600--> Treo650--> Treo680--> Treo650--> Treo680

US Robotics--> 3Com --> Palm --> Handspring --> Palm--> palmOne--> Palm/Access--> (bankruptcy?)
    switched from T-mobile to Cingular as I changed from a Treo600 to a Treo680 The Cingular coverage is better >>BUT<< latency is much worse.

====================================================
    Must be a local problem. People I call with 680 don't even know Im on a cell phone unless I drive into an area with weak coverage.
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680
    Quote Originally Posted by baba42 View Post
    Searching and scrolling in the Phone App's Contacts screen is profoundly slow to respond. It is significantly slower to respond than the 650's Contacts app.
    I've got 189 contacts in my list. I'm not finding it to be slower than the 650 in searching or scrolling.
    I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone with my problems I like my Treo so far, but several issues drive me nuts:

(0 battery life)
    1 - bluetooth compatibility - unstable behavior and synchronization problems with Parrot CK 3100 (more here - http://www.parrot.biz/forums/english...d=12292#p12292 )
    2 - routing calls to handsfree even when no HF is connected
    ----------
    3 - Tomtom compatibility (may not Palm problem, going to try fix from this forum)
    4 - Sometimes hangs for a while while writing.
    5 - flickering keyboard

Waiting for Palm to roll out at least BT patch

M.
    -----
    Workpad C3, T|T, T|T3 , Treo 680, ......
    I do not like the Contacts application. When removing an entry it does not return to the entries just below or above, it just randomly picks an entry to return to requiring to scroll sometimes several screens before getting back to the correct 'area'.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    How about fixing Versamail's OTA sync so that you can choose to turn on or off the OTA functionality application by application...for example I want to sync OTA for email and calendar, but continue using PocketMirror for Contacts.
    Overall I think the device could be a bit more user friendly and the ditto X 10 on the battery life.
    Is someone going to "sum" all these up and present to Palm?
    I've had a ton of problems, mostly with the radio and roaming (I'm using a european SIM card from 02 czech republic)

While Roaming:

GPRS didn't work at all on cingular although they are an approved GPRS roaming partner. I could insert the same SIM card in a treo 600 and it worked perfectly. Got a variety of different error messages, something like 0x202 or something.

About 50% of the time it would tell me my message center number was invalid when sending an SMS on any network (of course I had sent plenty of SMS's before this message on the same network, and everything worked perfectly on the treo 600 with the same SIM card)

On a couple of occasions it refused to sign on to any network at all. I would get no signal and network unavailable messages, but again, my treo 600 worked perfectly. I resetted many times and it didn't help.

In General:

The default settings for my provider's GPRS specify that the password should be blank. The problem is that the treo says "incomplete setup" when I try to connect with these settings, so I had to go in and make another profile where I went into the password field and just pressed nothing, and returned so it thought there was a password entered. But every time I reset the phone (which is a lot due to all the problems), it switches me back to the configuration it can't understand. Arg.

About 20% of the time it simply refuses to dial certain numbers even though I have full signal. It just goes back to the dial screen. One was while I was roaming (I tried about 20x), but it worked when I got back to my home network. Others are on my home network. Sometimes a reset helps, sometimes it doesn't.

Still won't correctly automatically switch to a different GPRS profile to send MMS messages. Gives network timeout every time. Every treo has had this problem.

Destroys compatibility with the autoconnect feature of Mergic VPN making it a pain in the *** to get my email (autoconnect now crashes the treo). I have to manually switch back and forth every time I want my email.

The new address book lookup is even slower than the old one. Don't know why they didn't use the one they use for SMS which is really nice and fast..?

Very annoying having to push down twice after entering an sms to get past the emoticons. I don't ever use the stupid emoticons or autoresponses, I wish they'd get out of my way.

Hate having to press dial twice to get past the dial/messaging pop up that comes up when you use the phone. If I wanted to send a message I would have gone to the messaging app like in every other phone in the universe.

Leave it to palm to de evolve the PalmOS even more. I buy these things for quick user interfaces and compatibility and rock solidness. The 680 fails on all these accounts.
    Last edited by scstraus; 12/30/2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Addition
    Definitely need a 2.5 Audio jack - not a Palm proprietary one.

Also need Bluetooth stereo audio capabilities beyond just the Phone usage.

IS this hardware or ROM improvement? I don't know - but would definitely improve the device!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordol View Post
    I've got 189 contacts in my list. I'm not finding it to be slower than the 650 in searching or scrolling.
    Try it with 4000. It's definately slower. MUCH slower. But the SMS app's contact manager is much faster. I wish they used that for the main one. It's very nice.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast