Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    You are sooo right Felipe! I really miss that forward & back in SMS!
    For all German speaking Treo users - have a look and add your comments here: http://www.nexave.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=25429

I do hope that we will get a strong participation to ultimatley send a list to Palm :-)

rgs,

yep
    LED: I want to be able to tell if I have a SMS, email, or voicemail just by looking at the phone again. I can live without but it would be nice. Battery life also an issue.
    For me:
    1. Battery drain.
    2. Same as Treo 650 Calendar Alarm with vibrations.
    3. Stereo Bluetooth
    4. More useful launcher (why we have to use 3rd party software, like ZLauncher?)
    5. Same as Treo 650 Disconnect button in Blazer and VersaMail.
    6. KB setting OFF/ON...maybe with timer?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    For me:

1. Delays or the Pauses issue while using the device.
    2. Dial extra digits (allow pauses)
    3. Delete those pesky Ptunes preloaded songs.

Other then those three I really find the device to be very very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    For me:

1. Delays or the Pauses issue while using the device.
    2. Dial extra digits (allow pauses)
    3. Delete those pesky Ptunes preloaded songs.

Other then those three I really find the device to be very very good.
    pauses are 'p'
    -tgwaste
    In order of importance:
    1) Battery life
    2) Keyboard/screen flicker

Besides that, I think it's wonderful device.. I LOVE the extra memory, and the stability has been perfect.
    1. Battery life
    2. Speakerphone volume
    3. More than one appointment on "Today" screen
    4. Keboard flicker
    5. Ring & Vibe and vibrating alerts

Other than those 5 things (and the last two are more annoying than troublesome) this phone is first-rate. My favorite "smartphone" yet, and I've had more than a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    pauses are 'p'
    Not working for me. Maybe its the # signs. For example. 555-555-5555pp555#p5555#
    Not working for me. Maybe its the # signs. For example. 555-555-5555pp555#p5555#
    how about ,
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Strange. Adding this contact as a favorite and using the "dial extra digits" area it works fine. However out of the contact list it does not.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I want a way to delete ( when or if I don't need them anymore):
    Quick tour
    Express Mail
    My Treo
    Get Good
    try invisible: http://palmgadget.com/palminvi.html Doesn't delete them but it hides them so you on't have them cluttering up your launcher.
    A way to arrange the icons as I want them.
    nothing i know of.
    A way to listen to Mp3s via bluetooth. instead of a wired headset.
    audio gateway?: http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/
    A 3 MP camera with flash would be cool too!
    not gonna happen
    Making the SD card visible as a drive when synced to the PC would be nice. I use Softick on the T3 but I'd like to see the card on the Treo too.
    cardreader: http://mobile-stream.com/cardreader.html
    Making a way to connect a contact with a calender entry would be nice. Like say I want to select a contact, then schedule that contact for a meeting. It'd be great to be able to do it from contacts or calendar, also a log created in contacts when that contact was well, contacted would be helpful.

Am I expecting too much?
    a little...
    PDR447:
    Thanks for the suggestions. They led me to "Fast Hide"

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...nerREF=&siteid

Which I have now installed their trial version.
    So far so good in PDA version of the Treo650

Will be able to tell tomorrow when on rounds if this interferes with the phone version of the Treo 680

Its nice to see icons for programs I use that aren't already mapped to a hard button!

Thanks!

OK, just tried to turn on the Phone well, actually what I did was press the phone key without the phone radio actually being on. Now my Treo is doing a continual self reset loop! Gets to Palm OS Powered by Access screen then immediately goes back to Orange Palm and black status bar!

IS it entirely possible that this TREO will not accept new programs while in Phone mode? Or am I just running into incompatible programs?
    Last edited by Forgewizard; 12/20/2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Possible bug?
    Anyone else have "clock not accurate" problem? I lost a couple a minutes here and there quite frequently and been late to work twice this week already as I use my Treo as my alarm clock .. wonder if this is a hardware or firmware issues..
    Last edited by Emkay; 12/21/2006 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    Not working on my 680...
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Sorry folks, I just loaded the trial version of Initiate on my 680 and went to move "my Treo" to the SD card. It said "moving" then gave me a message saying it could not delete the original application could it be locked to ROM? then there was a little icon showing an SD card with the label "MyTreo" when I tapped on the icon - the device went immediately into self reset loop!

Looks like I do the second factory reset of the night!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    SO I am not alone:

Keyboard flickering (how energy wasting is this...) - using kblights so i don't have to see this.
    THE STABILITY OF THIS PHONE IS WONDERFUL... tried tricks to crash it and none but two have succeeded...

BUT, the phone *pauses*, stutters, TCPMP stutters randomly.
    ANyone have any ideas?
    Has anyoen returned/replaced the phone because of this?
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    1) Battery life is horrible

2) The main phone screen (w/ wallpaper) is useless. It's just wallpaper w/ one line display for upcoming events. At least have ability to add multi-line upcoming events or ability to use same screen as phone pad. I never use the phone pad screen as the buttons work better for me (tactile, I can dial a number w/out looking). I think those two should be combined somehow.

3) Abiliity to delete quicktour, my treo, and other apps as suggested previously

4) the date and time visible at the top of all five tab screens

5) I like the old favorites menu. Combine the new, unlimited favorites, w/ the multiline as in the past and somehow tab over to the multiple screens. Scroling down through them on one page is annoying.

6) Add a 'hang up' button to the current call screen.

7) Favorites: ability to call TWO numbers for each favorite (work, cell or home, cell) by pressing and holding user selected hotkey. If user has two numbers, pressing and holding hotkeys will bring up the two and user selects which one to dial.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post

BUT, the phone *pauses*, stutters, TCPMP stutters randomly.
    ANyone have any ideas?
    Has anyoen returned/replaced the phone because of this?
    I have this issue as well using mOcean, but NOT with PocketTunes. I received a reply from mOcean support and they copied a message from Palm Support. Apparently this is a known issue...

"Perhaps this explanation can be applicable for Treo 680 as well:
    "Stuttering during music playback on the Treo 700p can occur when another app or system activity takes priority over the digital audio stream playback. For example if you have another app running in the background (like Versamail), it will kick off radio activity that takes precedence over the music playback activity, thus causing a stutter or skip. This is another area where we are making some changes in audio buffering although the stuttering won’t be 100% eliminated on this particular device. These changes will be released as part of a formal ROM update planned for availability in late Q1 2007. That 700p ROM update will roll in the Bluetooth patch I mentioned above as well as a number of other enhancements to system stability, reliability and erformance. It takes time to make sure we haven’t broken anything in the process of fixing issues, and I’ll add the caveat again that it is up to the
    carriers to test, certify and release the ROM update before it can be
    released to customers." http://treocast.treocentral.com/PalmResponseLetter.pdf

Based on this response, maybe there's something continually running in the background that drains the battery as well as interferes w/ some media applications.
    I switched from T-mobile to Cingular as I changed from a Treo600 to a Treo680. The Cingular coverage is better >>BUT<< latency is much worse.

For those who don't know - latency is the time between when you say something and the people on the other end hear it and visa-versa. It is very important as it appears to the person on the other end that we are interrupting because we end up talking at the same time. This is really bad for business use as well as personal conversations. Studies in WWII showed that people would argue more with just the addition of a little latency.

T-mobile on the Treo600 had better latency than Cingular with the Treo680.

The causes of latency are the network, codecs used and the processor speed of the phone.

My hunch is it is the phone - as Graffiti-Anywhere is unusable on the 680 where it worked just fine.

I think the Treo700 has a faster CPU and wonder if Graffiti-Anywhere works on it?

The latency issue is serious. To measure it, call yourself on a land phone - set to speaker phone. Clap your hand and listen for how long it takes the clap to come back. If you want numbers, stick a microphone into the input of an oscilloscope, and you can see the time difference between the clap and the echo of the clap on the speaker phone.
    1: Fix the battery drain
    2: Fix the keyboard light flicker
    3: Restore the LED blinking and third-party access
    4: Dump that "Main" phone app display
    5: Restore the two-row Favorites, keep the unlimited number
    6: Allow all of the favorites to be moved or deleted
    7: Hangup button on-screen when on a call
    8: "Send to headset" button when BT is on but a headset wasn't connected at
    first
    9: Restore full BT compatibility. My headset worked just fine on the 650, not so
    fine on the 680
    10: Allow the user to set the profile type again. I could chose "headset" or
    "Handsfree" on the 650 for the headsets, on the 680 it's only "Audio" with no
    choice.
    11: Fix the time loss when doing a reset by battery removal
    Last edited by Gordol; 12/21/2006 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Add an item
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast