1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if it's my 680 or if I'm just being too fussy...

Does anyone else notice that their "power/end" button is a bit too shallow and soft? It feels like I have to push a bit harder than I would like to get it to register. And I don't get that definitive "click" sensation I get with the other keys. It works OK, but I have to be right on it for it to work.

Also, all the keys have significantly less "travel" on them than the my 650 did.
    Maybe it'll just take some more getting used to...

Mark
    Absolutely in agreement. The shallow buttons and their close proximity to application buttons is a serious design flaw. This was the first major issue I discovered with the phone and one that I still grapple with after weeks of ownership.
    I don't mind that so much, but what annoys me is the creaking sound I get when I press the end key or the home key.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    I'm wondering if it's my 680 or if I'm just being too fussy...

Does anyone else notice that their "power/end" button is a bit too shallow and soft? It feels like I have to push a bit harder than I would like to get it to register. And I don't get that definitive "click" sensation I get with the other keys. It works OK, but I have to be right on it for it to work.

Also, all the keys have significantly less "travel" on them than the my 650 did.
    Maybe it'll just take some more getting used to...

Mark
    I have a similar post. My problem is, my Power/RED key is shallower than my Green key. I have to angle my thumb just to press it.
    Fully in agreement here. All the buttons seems less tactile than the 650. I have problems with the centre button - I can never press it just once. That's made worse by the general unresponsiveness of the phone.

650, why did I have to drop you on the hard ground?
    Visor, Treo 180g, 600, 650, 680. Optus Australia
    <sub>You might think that the favorite plant of the porcupine is the cactus, but it's thinking like that that has almost ruined this country. - <i>Jack Handey</i></sub>