Page 1 of 47 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pleased to let you all know that DialByPhoto is now in public beta at http://www.dialbyphoto.com
    May I add, well worth testing & buying. This really out does PhotoDial by Toysoft. Bugs not included
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    it looks better than skinner, is it?
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Very nice, elegant interface design.

I really would love to be able to dial contacts by simply entering their initials from the main screen, instead of scrolling down to Contacts and then do that. A few less keystrokes and more efficient.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I like the idea and the interface is quite nice.

For me, a few things.

1. Loading and dialing seems a bit sluggish and slow.

2. There does not seem to be a way to insert the extra digits at the appropriate time manually. Rather, they are either off or automatically inserted.

3. It is a little cumbersome to get around.

I purchased the program, but hope it gets fine tuned.

Jeff
    Last edited by jt999; 12/19/2006 at 10:57 AM.
    WOW!!! I Love it!!!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I like the public beta too .. but when i have a photocontact with only 1 number, i can't seems to use "M" key to send him a SMS.

I'm on Treo 680
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
    Loading and dialing seems a bit sluggish and slow.
    Jeff
    Am assuming you are saying it takes a while for DialByPHoto to start up? Please confirm
    What Treo are you using?
    Do you buy chance have an sd card with a lot of pics in it?
    Question:

I use chattermail as my default mail app, and the mail icon only links to Versamail....
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    Question:

I use chattermail as my default mail app, and the mail icon only links to Versamail....
    We plan to address this asap
    very very nice program. I love the interface of it. now here are some suggestions

I think that the buttons are way to small on the interface. can you make them a bit bigger?? Also the clock and date are wayy to small imo.. I check the date and time frequently on my treo for sales calls etc and this would by annoying since it so small.

Maybe just a button for the contacts, dialpad, and call log at the bottom of the interface instead of wording that takes up too much space.

Also why not have the highlighted buttons highlight in red or have it more noticeable??

great stuff though. I like it alot.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Am assuming you are saying it takes a while for DialByPHoto to start up? Please confirm
    What Treo are you using?
    Do you buy chance have an sd card with a lot of pics in it?
    The lag time for me on startup is 2-3 seconds.

The lag time from when I press the photo contact until the time the Palm dial screen appears is 6-7 seconds. However, I just realized that if I press enter to dial a 2d time the Palm dial screen appears very quickly...1-2 seconds.

I have about 40 pictures in my DCIM folder; a fair number.
    But the initial lag is not that long; nothing like the Blazer lag time.

I see now that the dialing lag can be avoided.

Thanks a lot.

Jeff
    When Chattermail gets added as an option, i'll be in heaven . Overall its been working bug free on my 700p.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It is hard to tell from the website, but does this application replace the phone app? Or do I have to launch a program just to dial a phone number? If this is the case than wouldn't it just be easier to use the phone app?
    It for most purposes replaces the phone app. You can always get back to the regular phone app if you need to.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I love this app and have been a user for a couple of weeks now. It is very stable and TJ has been great in regards to support and quickly replies to my questions. My wife saw it and had to have it on 650. It is a very strong app and I feel that you should at least give it a try.
    Last edited by theecigarman; 12/19/2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: grammer
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Nice looking program and the UI is what gets me. Very well done.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I think that the photos can be highlighted better. Perhaps have the other photos blurred a bit and the one highlighted is clear and have a noticeable white border around it.

When sending an sms, it should be smart enough to choose the mobile phone number.
    I love keep up the great work.WOOT.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    What I like about Toysoft's PhotoDial is that you can also link to url's and applications. If this get's added I'll be a convert (but i'll probably buy it anyway )
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
Page 1 of 47 12345611 ... LastLast