Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    yes, TJ and team has been doing a good job.
    Yesterday, while I was driving my wife needed to make a call. She used to be intimidated by using a smartphone (she's not a pda users and the number of buttons on my treo just horrified her). To my delight, she actually used dialbyphoto and made a call to her parents without any problem (previously, she need to at least do a search for my in-law's name and choose the right number to dial: mobile/home etc).
    I think the thing I dislike about this is the voicemail feature...there is none. I have to either dial my own number or switch to the regular phone app to get to it.

I'm not of fan of not being able to either hit "voicemail" or hold 1.

Is this something that can be added to it? Along with having the selected photo be the center one...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    I think the thing I dislike about this is the voicemail feature...there is none. I have to either dial my own number or switch to the regular phone app to get to it.

I'm not of fan of not being able to either hit "voicemail" or hold 1.

Is this something that can be added to it? Along with having the selected photo be the center one...
    the 2nd icon on the screen is for voicemail, hit it and it calls voicemail

1st is email
    2nd voicemail
    3rd sms
  4.    #144  
    also, the latest version support" press and hold 1" to dial voice mail. You can download it at http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyphoto/download.htm
    I guess the button is so small that you wouldn't guess that...

The other beef I have is not being able to pus the green button after I type in a number to actually dial the call...
    Love the new "DIAL 1" and "image focus" updates...

This app is great...Definitely worth the money folks!

I have one suggestion: When you highlight the voicemail/SMS/Email/Contacts/etc icons on the main screen, they are highlighted in a light yellow, which I personally find hard to see...anyway to make that a bolder/darker color?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuitarGuy View Post
    I guess the button is so small that you wouldn't guess that...

The other beef I have is not being able to pus the green button after I type in a number to actually dial the call...
    yea, I would also like the green phone button to actually call as well.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  8. sug
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    What is ridiculous here? this is standard software practice. we have planned at least 3 significant 1.xx releases and as many minor ones needed if there are issue to be fixed, all which will be free. And if version 2 does not offer a ton of new and compelling features then you wont have to upgrade.

Hi TJ,

I'm very pleased with the software so far - I made the purchase after seeing the first public beta release based on seeing possibilities of the exciting (and awesome-looking) interface.

Just out of curiosity, can you enlighten us with what sort of features we might see with the 1.xx releases? I have to say that I keep on pushing the "Check for Update" button at least once a day in the hopes for a new release.
    Last edited by sug; 01/15/2007 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sug View Post
    Hi TJ,

I'm very pleased with the software so far - I made the purchase after seeing the first public beta release based on seeing possibilities of the exciting (and awesome-looking) interface.

Just out of curiosity, can you enlighten us with what sort of features we might see with the 1.xx releases? I have to say that I keep on pushing the "Check for Update" button at least once a day in the hopes for a new release.
    +1
    Just tried this out - WOW what a beautiful interface! Its like I just got a brand new phone!

A couple things that I would like to see added though -

1) Is there any way to add scroll bars to the call history list? Otherwise it takes forever to scroll around trying to find a specific number. Even better would be a way to filter the list by approximate date or area code called.

2) I agree with other posters' sentiments regarding a "sliding" photo bar. In other words, the magnified photo should always remain centered, and pressing right/left should shift the desired photo over to the "magnified center" as opposed to magnifying the right or left photo. This would obviously only apply to the 3x1 photo setup and not the extended photo setup.

3) Maybe a simple button to "add to contacts" after dialing a new phone number?

4) Would love to have an option for an integrated google bar! Or even dare i say DA? Some way to access my blazer bookmarks from the phone app?

Love the look of the program, and am seriously considering registering! Great work!
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    4) Would love to have an option for an integrated google bar! Or even dare i say DA? Some way to access my blazer bookmarks from the phone app?
    Thanks for your input, what is DA?
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Thanks for your input, what is DA?
    I think he means Directory Assistant.
    <br>
    I believe DA means Desk accessory. Small item that opens up in current app without leaving that app.
  14.    #154  
    We are super excited to bring you web searching( by users request )
    Now you can:
    -Search Google
    -Get Movie Listings
    -Find Local Business and Services
    -Search Wikipedia( my favorite )
    -Dictionary

Highly untested( so download at your risk ) but should work well and could be useful for you this weekend.
    http://www.gx-5.com/downloads/dialbyphoto_0998.prc

Official release should be early next week
    Last edited by tj8212; 01/19/2007 at 10:18 PM.
    I really like this new feature! Can you add support to be able to select that it will active on the bottom as a default so you dont have to select Web first? I would love to be able to always have the search bar at the bottom always active. Amazing!!!
    HEy,

I found a bug It seems to always reset my Device (700P Sprint) when I got to the setting screen and go to search and in the description of the search ie Google and when i highlight Search Google and hit backspace key it will cause a soft reset...Ill also report this on the website.
    Very impressed, so far on my Sprint 700p, NO re-sets
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Wow ! great improvement ! Thanks for all your good works !....OH YEA ..... Just '3' small requests ...Could you make it possible to paste numbers in the dial pad or just opt. to the stock pad ? also..could we have option to fill the screen with photo contacts ? (I count a possible 25) and can we also choose applications with photos or icons ? I think that would put you guys over the top ! thanks again .
    I just have to say thanks and I love this app and the direction you are taking it.
    between this app and the TreoLauncher I just love my 700P it's like I have a new phone and a very cool one at that.
    Thanks again
    Wow, after many weeks, & updates, I got my first re-set. When I press ##377#, it states Dial By Photo of the cause. Yes, I was trying to text, but at the same time, I was getting a text, so it makes me believe its the Radio. Not sure though.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast