Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    On focus of photo contact has been addressed. You can see some pics at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...enshot0013.jpg
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...enshot0014.jpg

It should be avaialbe in the next build coming out in a few days or so

Thanks you all for the suggestion. Please note we read all your suggestions here and those sent by email, but can't respond to them all.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    On focus of photo contact has been addressed. You can see some pics at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...enshot0014.jpg

It should be avaialbe in the next build coming out in a few days or so

Thanks you all for the suggestion. Please note we read all your suggestions here and those sent by email, but can't respond to them all.
    Way to be the man TJ! Thanks for the fantastic product.

Out of curiosity, how did you get that smooth picture of B-Dawk to "blend in" like that to your bockground?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you get that smooth picture of B-Dawk to "blend in" like that to your bockground?
    in Settings->Background Image and Fonts, choose blue overlay
    here is the image by the http://www.gx-5.com/misc/dawkins.jpg
    Reggie Bush has no clue what is going to hit him this Saturday
    E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    in Settings->Background Image and Fonts, choose blue overlay
    here is the image by the http://www.gx-5.com/misc/dawkins.jpg
    Reggie Bush has no clue what is going to hit him this Saturday
    E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
    Lol. I agree. My boy (and former college teammate) Trent Cole and the rest of the D got a little somethin' in store for Reggie, Drew, and the rest of the bayou clan.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Lol. I agree. My boy (and former college teammate) Trent Cole and the rest of the D got a little somethin' in store for Reggie, Drew, and the rest of the bayou clan.
    Tell Cole to get major pressure on Brees. That is the only way we can win. If brees has time, he will pick us apart, particularly with Lito Out
    Last edited by tj8212; 01/10/2007 at 11:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    this product looks fantastic! i registered after maybe half an hour of playing with it. is there any chance of adding support for snappermail as well as chatter? maybe creating an API for plugins? a way to display outstanding tasks? oh and maybe a way to automatically populate the photo dialer with contacts that already have images associated with them in the contacts app?

Sweet! great work TJ!

Still, the selected pic is no in the center? but since it's bigger I think it address the problem .. hopefully the problem about speed smsing is address in the next build as well

Emkay
    i wish the time and date could be larger fonts or have the option to make em larger. They are so small for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post

Sweet! great work TJ!

Still, the selected pic is no in the center? but since it's bigger I think it address the problem .. hopefully the problem about speed smsing is address in the next build as well

Emkay
    I agree, it's kind of awkward having the selected contact to be on the far rigth on a 3-picture lay out. It feels more natural having the selected contact/picture to be in the middle....great work
    DialByPhoto is an AWESOME program which I'd love to support and use... its just so friggn big. With a background and blue overlay its bigger than zlauncher!!

Wayyyyyy to big.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    DialByPhoto is an AWESOME program which I'd love to support and use... its just so friggn big. With a background and blue overlay its bigger than zlauncher!!

Wayyyyyy to big.
    File Size is something we are working on, particularly for 650 users.
    0.992 is a lot quicker on my 680, but freezes the phone when I make or receive calls. I get the white screen of death.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    0.992 is a lot quicker on my 680, but freezes the phone when I make or receive calls. I get the white screen of death.
    Please use our issue report form to submit this in. Thanks
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    You know it's good software when everyone wants to input their wish list of new features

Some of these were mentioned, so I'm going to second their motions:

1. The focused image does need to be bigger or more highlighted; someone suggested blowing the focused image up like the Mac interface.

2. Wish there was an option to make the Date and Time larger. Maybe configurable Fonts sizes and types?

3. The contact's numbers should have an ordering or at least a configurable default.

4. When a phone call is made the ugly Palm buttons appear. I wish it could stay on a DBP screen with prettier graphics

5. The graphic overlay needs to have a transparency % setting
    I wanted to reiterate a couple of suggestions or requests that have been made, and add to them if possible.

1) There needs to be a way of ordering the photo contacts rather than them just appearing in order they are saved (maybe alphabetically as a default.)

2) I can't stress item number 4 above enough. Now that we have this beautiful interface, can you make it so it stays beautiful during a call and does not revert to the horrible Palm call screen.

3) Would it be easy / possible to have a check box to disable the "second push of the phone button goes to palm phone". Once this software has all the kinks worked out, i won't really see any need for the palm phone screen

4) What is the possibility of expanding this program to cover incoming calls as well. I would rather see the nice Dial Screen you guys have developed but changed around to show incoming calls. Again, the Palm screens are so boring and basic.

There may be more...but this is a great start. Thanks for the work. I registered withing minutes of trying this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace View Post
    I wanted to reiterate a couple of suggestions or requests that have been made, and add to them if possible.

1) There needs to be a way of ordering the photo contacts rather than them just appearing in order they are saved (maybe alphabetically as a default.)
    You can already do that in the Setting->Photo Speed Dial Contacts, using the "move up" and "move down" button.

Great work by GX-5
  16.    #116  
    When a phone call is made the ugly Palm buttons appear. I wish it could stay on a DBP screen with prettier graphics
    Could be very risky to do this. We will just have to see what the Palm OS lets us do.

3) Would it be easy / possible to have a check box to disable the "second push of the phone button goes to palm phone". Once this software has all the kinks worked out, i won't really see any need for the palm phone screen
    We will consider this
    4) What is the possibility of expanding this program to cover incoming calls as well.
    We want to do this, but dont know if the palm os will let us do this. It is a wait and see thing

Once again we can't reply to all requests but we we do read, log them and address them. Thanks
    Totally understood. I know this is a work in progress, and some requests will work, some won't, and many may not make sense.

I think you guys have done and amazing job so far in bringing this product to light. It is a long needed improvement to the palm phone screen. Anything you are able to improve on is very welcome.

For what it's worth, i imagine there is some way of tapping into the Palm dialing and incoming screens, as there is a program out called TreoAreaCodes that hijacks some of the screen to show a map of where the call is coming from / going to. So somehow they've managed to capture the palm screen somewhat.

That being said, i'm not a programmer, so my input my be totally off base. Again, thanks for the fantastic work.
    Great program. Is there a way or any plans to add the ability to keep the dial pad on all the time?

Joe
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I like the program. The one thing I noticed was that when you select your next appointment the standard calendar opens up to that appointment. It would be nice (since I use datebk6) to open that up using datebk6 instead. Are there any plans to support this type of helper application selection?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    You can already do that in the Setting->Photo Speed Dial Contacts, using the "move up" and "move down" button.

Great work by GX-5
    Excellent, thank you. I totally missed that.