Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I just installed the latest version of this on to my Sprint Treo 700p. It looks like a flippin FINE piece of software. I only have one questionn though...

Is this software really slow for anyone else? For example, when I click the phone button to go to the program, it loads and then lags out for like 4 seconds. And when I type out a name and the contact search results appear, they appear very slowly. Is this normal? If it's not, is this issue going to be fixed? Thanks.

- Justin
  2.    #82  
    Hi there,
    We spent the much of the day testing on a 700p( sprint) and had no lag issues. We have have had another 700p user complain about this also, so we are looking hard at this. Can you please log this at http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm so we can communicate directly with you to hopefully resolve this asap
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Hi there,
    We spent the much of the day testing on a 700p( sprint) and had no lag issues. We have have had another 700p user complain about this also, so we are looking hard at this. Can you please log this at http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm so we can communicate directly with you to hopefully resolve this asap
    Alright, I just filled out the form and such. I hope to hear back from you guys soon as I want to get this running on my Treo ASAP. Thanks [=

- Justin
    Version .992 is up now, seems to me as the lag is gone....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Version .992 is up now, seems to me as the lag is gone....
    Just loaded .992 on my Treo... and I am still feeling the lag =[
    I'm gonna test it more tomorrow, I just used it a couple times tonight. Sorry for jumping the gun...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Using the latest version, I would say it is significantly faster than the previous versions. Great job and I like the integrated contacts view as well!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Simply unbelievable. I've been looking for this functionality since I had my Treo 600. Finally, a good phone interface. Palm has been sticking us with ugly phone software for years now. You guys have some real art and interface talent on your development team. I've used your PTunes skins in the past.. they are great!
    <br>
    Forgive me if this has already been pointed out in this (5 page) thread, but anyways...

I loaded the DbP public beta and love it! However, I noticed it didn't automatically launch when I pressed the "phone" hard button on my 650. I also noticed it didn't toggle between DbP and the stock phone app using the hard phone button while in the phone app.

THEN... I realized I had the DbP app loaded on my SD card... I copied it to the Phone, then deleted it from my card, and bam! ...the hard phone button functions all work as advertised!

I'll have to play around with this cool app more at home tonight and I'll post my review as well.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Well I have been testing this new version .992, all morning. It does seem faster than .991(for me), I love the new little fix's & the Chatter choice for email. Thanks!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    You know it's good software when everyone wants to input their wish list of new features

Some of these were mentioned, so I'm going to second their motions:

1. The focused image does need to be bigger or more highlighted; someone suggested blowing the focused image up like the Mac interface.

2. Wish there was an option to make the Date and Time larger. Maybe configurable Fonts sizes and types?

3. The contact's numbers should have an ordering or at least a configurable default.

4. When a phone call is made the ugly Palm buttons appear. I wish it could stay on a DBP screen with prettier graphics

5. The graphic overlay needs to have a transparency % setting
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    5. The graphic overlay needs to have a transparency % setting

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    anyone getting resets when looking up contacts? This is happening fairly consistent for me, using the DbP contact lookup...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have another suggestion. When you are scrolling through your photo contacts, the highlighted photo appears to be blurry when in fact the program looks like it is trying to highlight it. Maybe try a bold outline instead of shading in the picture to some blurry image
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Well I have been testing this new version .992, all morning. It does seem faster than .991(for me), I love the new little fix's & the Chatter choice for email. Thanks!
    how do u pick chatter for email ?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    in regards to chatter showing the app, I have Chatter set as my default email client and dbp recognizes it.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Yes, make sure your Chatter is set to Primary Mail, when your on Dial By Photo, look at the small envelope, if you have new mail, you will see a number. If not, when you click/tap on it, you will be directed to Chatter. Also I did confirm with GX-5 that the SMS, choosing M is NOT working, there is a fix coming.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    under phone preferences , under defaults i have chatter picked for default email, the icon on dialbyphone says 0, i tap and nothing happens, doesnt launch to chatter,chatter is on ram, if i hit the other two icons, it launches to correct application, hmmmm

ok in chatter preferences u have to set to default

still shows 0 for new messages but it launches now to chatter when i hit on icon (0)
    Last edited by italiangspot; 01/10/2007 at 03:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    have you received new email since updating the settings? If you have been in chatter but not checked a new msg it clears the counter.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    what about a search google function on the main page. that would be a nice function to have. I have sent a request on their website however if anyone else likes the idea submit it as well.
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast