Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    Setting it to use System fonts means I can see Chinese, but I can't write it without access to the soft Keyboard. The that you should be able to get to it most normal apps by hitting [menu] + K.
    aha, i didnt even knew that treo has soft keyboard, sorry :-) i use key+alt
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Heh, it's cool. It's not like there's any reason whatsoever to use the soft keyboard on a Treo. Unless you're typing Chinese or something...
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm having an issue with UP and ZLauncher on my 755P When I press the home button when in UP it goes to default launcher before ZLauncher (for a split second). Very strange.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I'm having an issue with UP and ZLauncher on my 755P When I press the home button when in UP it goes to default launcher before ZLauncher (for a split second). Very strange.
    Mine does the same exact thing with Ultimate phone 1.5007 on my 700p. When I hit the home button to get back to Zlauncher, I see the default launcher and white screen for a split second, then it goes back to Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Mine does the same exact thing with Ultimate phone 1.5007 on my 700p. When I hit the home button to get back to Zlauncher, I see the default launcher and white screen for a split second, then it goes back to Z.
    im also getting this on my 755P
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Will we ever see TreoWeather integration? I think that'd be awesome if it can be done!
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Will we ever see TreoWeather integration? I think that'd be awesome if it can be done!
    Yeah, that'd be great. Would be nice to not have to leave UP to get to it.
    Hey so I just installed this on my new Centro, and I love it like crazy, but is there any way to change the wallpaper to something that's a) not one of the ones provided by or offered for sale from gx-5 and b) not a photo I took with the phone's camera and c) on the phone's internal storage? Because I don't have a mini-sd card yet, and I really want to change the wallpaper, but the ones that I put on the phone myself say they're "protected" and they don't show up in the list of available wallpapers in UP (and they also don't show up in Filez so I don't know how I can unprotect them).
    Quote Originally Posted by extarbags View Post
    Hey so I just installed this on my new Centro, and I love it like crazy, but is there any way to change the wallpaper to something that's a) not one of the ones provided by or offered for sale from gx-5 and b) not a photo I took with the phone's camera and c) on the phone's internal storage? Because I don't have a mini-sd card yet, and I really want to change the wallpaper, but the ones that I put on the phone myself say they're "protected" and they don't show up in the list of available wallpapers in UP (and they also don't show up in Filez so I don't know how I can unprotect them).
    they are hidden on internal drive, you must enable it in filez options to make it visible and then you can get everywhere. and for up/dbp, i never tried it myself, but you may install E2 Internal Drive from http://www.palmpowerups.com/downloads.php?cat_id=2 (its for free), this will make this internal drive available for applications which will see it as another 'sd card'. *maybe* then you will be able to access pictures.
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    Thanks for the tips. I set Filez to show hidden files and now I can access them, but I can't figure out how to unprotect them, because "protected" is not listed under Attributes, and none of the other ones besides "Archived" are checked (I've tried it with "Archived" both checked and unchecked, and it doesn't work either way). E2drive doesn't seem to do anything; UP can apparently already access the phone's internal pictures directory, because it does give me the option of selecting photos that I take with the phone t0o use as wallpapers. I just can't pick my actual wallpaper, because it's still protected.

Edit: Also my trial of this ran out as I was testing e2drive, and it wouldn't let me back in at all until I paid for it. And I only had it installed for a week. Ouch. But I bought it, because hey, it's incredibly awesome and I quickly realized that I couldn't bear the thought of using my phone without it. Really outstanding work, you guys.
    I think having both Ultimate Phone and ZLauncher is somewhat redundant. Since they are both launcher apps, having incompatibilities/problems with both of them installed is not a total surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I think having both Ultimate Phone and ZLauncher is somewhat redundant. Since they are both launcher apps, having incompatibilities/problems with both of them installed is not a total surprise.
    They are really two totally different apps and any overlapping features are minimal at best, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    They are really two totally different apps and any overlapping features are minimal at best, IMHO.
    Totally agree. They aren't even in the same category as to what they can do. Dialby isn't a REAL launcher like Zlauncher is. If you took Z off and just had dialby, you would be very disappointed. I would be anyway.

If you use it, then you will see this. One would be file search, free memory, and that's just a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I hope that their secret media player will be able to play music files AND audio books from Audible, that would be sooooo awesome to have an all in one audio player .
    Any word about their secret media player? ;_;, also just a suggestion, can we see the sleek black skin enhanced as well?
    GX-5 has been very quiet lately...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Hi, I downloaded DialByPhoto to my centro and every time I push the phone button it goes back to original phone app. I have the right stuff checked in the preferences. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Hi, I downloaded DialByPhoto to my centro and every time I push the phone button it goes back to original phone app. I have the right stuff checked in the preferences. Any suggestions?
    phone button from dialbyphoto/ultimatephone launches original phone application, so i think what is happening is ok. next press of phone button should launch dialbyphoto again

also make sure that ultimatephone/dialbyphoto is installed in storage and not run from sd card
    copied from 'what's new' on product page:

Bug- Conflict with Z Launcher
    Bug – Fixed issues with Simulator
    Bug - Fixed possible buffer overrun when contact name was created
    Enhancement - Clipboard paste support in dialpad screens and in sms writing screen

so mostly bugfix release
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647