Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647 LastLast
    Can I suggest an option where each press of the Phone key cycles through the UP "frontpage", Dial Pad, Call Log, and then back to the "frontpage" again?

~Christopher
    I'm reporting that the since installling Ultimate Phone, my Treo 755p seems to be resetting more.... not sure why. particularly when exiting apps and then returning to my UP Home screen... its not that often but it did not happen beofre with my native launcher.
    One more reason I would like to see UP be able to be a default for the SMS is that I kind of like having the picture up top. Especially if it is a cute girl you are texting

As long as they could still be able to appear in the regular app if needed, so you could view them, that would be fine.

Some suggest pictureSMS, but again, its just another application to install and another app to take up more memory. If it was implemented in UP there would be no need to go to another app.

I do hope this is something Gx5 thinks about doing. That would be a killer option/addition
    Palm needs to hire or buy out the GX5 folks to help design their OS. Everything they do impresses me. I instantly bought Ultimate Phone because it makes my 755p more "iPhone like". I look forward to their next project(s).
    Maybe that's why its been quiet over at GX-5...that or they got something big coming
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I'm reporting that the since installling Ultimate Phone, my Treo 755p seems to be resetting more.... not sure why. particularly when exiting apps and then returning to my UP Home screen... its not that often but it did not happen beofre with my native launcher.
    Mine is doing the same thing. I've had it happened 2x already.

And mine resets and wipes the device out of all it preferences and what not and I have to do a full restore with Resco. It goes back to the default launcher, my programs resort back to trials, so yeah i'm with you on that.

Also too what I notice when I exit the program is that it blinks the default launcher real quick then Zlauncher appears (which is my default one)

So I think there are a few bugs.
  7. sug
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Actually I don't. I don't have Uncache installed. I looked at the DB and it's listed in the DB, but doesn't who up in the Preference Panel. That's annoying. I don't feel like reinstalling to figure it out so I guess I'll just have to live with it for now, unless someone knows a work around

Just curious on whether you had any luck getting the Web 2.0 links to work... I seem to be having the same problems of them not launching Blazer. I cannot even choose a 'Default App' from the System prefs; the pulldown for the Browser says 'None', and doesn't pull down to allow me to select anything else.

The hyperlinks from messages that I get in Agendus Mail do launch my browser, though...

I love the 'fading in/out' effects of UP; surprising to see a further improvement from DbP, which definitely ups my satisfaction level with my Treo. I'll upgrade for sure if I can get these links to work...
    Is there a way for UltimatePhone to handle extensions like Takephone?
    i hopoe it fades into your defauly Calendar app too if you put the same background in the Calendar app...
    How is the quickness of Ultimate Phone vs. DialByPhoto? I love the way DBP looks and paid for it, but I just can't handle the sluggishness. I've gone back to the Palm phone app on my 680. Simple, clean, and much snappier than the DBP. Is UP quicker than DBP is/was??
    Cascade, I had the same experience as you with the unacceptably sluggish performance of DBP. But I tried it again when it became UP and its much much quicker. It just makes my 755 feel fresh. I love looking at the screen w/UP installed. Great job by the GX5 guys.
    Are we going to get an update for the Centro? As I said earlier, I can't get it set as my default launcher, and that's something I really need without having to use LudusP ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Can we get an update from the Gx5 team? It'd be nice to hear about Centro support ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Wish granted! Update is NOW available(Version 1.5007)! Just drop down menu, hit check for update or go HERE
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

My phone is also reseting a lot more than it used to. I'm using a Sprint 700P haven't done the MR on this phone after I had problems on a previous unit. But I'm having very frequent phone resets along with severe sluggishness. Reset doctor all has these linking to Ultimate Phone
    Updates? Is "UP" still causing issues?
    There was a recent update... i think its more stable... resets have been not UP-related...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I love UP! It makes my phone look significantly nicer. But I do have a couple of issues (some of which I have already email to the programmers, but I figure I might as well put them out here again) - namely it seems to take a bit longer than the normal home button on my 680. I suppose that should be expected, given that it looks significantly better , but I'd be happy if it could be improved.

While I love the photo list on the start screen, what I'd like to see is some way to change the white background in an application listing into a transparency effect, as I find the white colour really, really distracting . On the other hand, that it does contact photos is awesome .

I need keyboard access in the messaging program, as it's the only way I can write Chinese using CJKOS. [opt] + [space] or [menu] + k are both good.

A related point is that I'd like to see some way to search through my Chinese contacts using Pinyin. Not that this is really the purview of UP, but I'd like it . Failing that, if there's some way for me to get between UP and its querying of the contacts database, I suppose I could theoretically write my own?

Finally, a kinda long-term wishlist would be: Have UP take over all the phone-related stuff. The delay between hanging up a call and it going back to UP is just annoying. And have UP properly take over the messaging application, as opposed to merely allowing sending of messages. Oh, and I'd like it if the press-and-hold shortcuts worked from within UP.

Just my thoughts. Don't let them blind you to the fact that I really do like UP. . Awesome program.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipsi View Post
    I need keyboard access in the messaging program, as it's the only way I can write Chinese using CJKOS. [opt] + [space] or [menu] + k are both good.
    I must admit i dont use chinese so i have no idea if it will work, but won't it help if you would set ultimatephone to use system fonts? it looks a bit worse then custom, but then extended characters work (at least in slovak, russian...).its hidden somewhere in background&fonts config screen
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Setting it to use System fonts means I can see Chinese, but I can't write it without access to the soft Keyboard. The that you should be able to get to it most normal apps by hitting [menu] + K.

Thanks, though. :-).