Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647 LastLast
    So why can't we select DBP/ UP as the default phone application in Palm Prefs? I use Yourcall for after call tasks & can make it go back to the default phone app. But if I can't set DBP/UP as the default phone app (which I can't) then it will go back to the DEFAULT PHONE APP, which I loathe.

Any chance of fixing this?
    DBP is not a phone app. Its only a front end for the phone app.
    Yeah I know that. I just wish it could be MADE the phone app so that we could never have to look at that ugly default treo phone app again.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I can't get the Web interface to work on my Treo 680 using Ultimate Phone. Is there something stupid I'm missing?

I highlight the site, and hit the center button, enter, go and get nothing.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    My Phone button on my 680 doesn't work after the upgrade, deselecting 'Luanch when I press the Phone button' doesn't return functionality to the default phone app either

Edit: I believe it may be because of another app Type Right. I went ahead and set the phone button to UP in Type Right and it's working fine.
    Last edited by braj; 10/10/2007 at 08:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Here's a bug, at least with MegaLauncher and Type Right on the device: exiting UP by pressing the Home button brings me back to the default Palm launcher and not MegaLauncher. Pressing the home button then from the Palm launcher brings me to MegaLauncher. This worked just fine prior to the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    I can't get the Web interface to work on my Treo 680 using Ultimate Phone. Is there something stupid I'm missing?

I highlight the site, and hit the center button, enter, go and get nothing.
    Do you have a default web app selected in the general preferences? Can you click on a link is an email and have it open up your web browser? Uncache blocked me from having a default web app and all hyperlinks that were not in a web app would not open.
    FYI, you can NOW upgrade your DBP to ULTIMATEPHONE for $5(*if you qualify & subject to change)go here: DBP Upgrade Here
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    FYI, you can NOW upgrade your DBP to ULTIMATEPHONE for $5(*if you qualify & subject to change)go here: DBP Upgrade Here
    I just did!! and its an awesome deal!!! Thanks GX5!! It breathes new life into our Palm OS!! TWO THUMBS UP!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Any reason GC5 got rid of the overlay feature for the background? I really liked that feature and actually used it all the time with pictures! It's actually what's keeping me from upgrading from 1.5001 to UltimatePhone! Are there any significant speed improvements with this update? DBP is currently very stable for me on my 700p!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Any reason GC5 got rid of the overlay feature for the background?
    The "Visibility" setting for the background image, along with setting a specific background color if desired, has the same effect.
    Palm Vx -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p
  12. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I just did!! and its an awesome deal!!! Thanks GX5!! It breathes new life into our Palm OS!! TWO THUMBS UP!
    same for me, thx a lot! feels much faster and smoother with this fading effect... awesome!

one issues:
    -UPhone does not remember my 5-circle view after launching apps out of UPhone. When I come back, its the standard 3-favorits-view. Another hit on the phone button for standard phone app and then back to UPhone shows me the 5-circle-view again.

some enhancement requests:
    - option for: allways start with selectable apps category, instead of remembering the last one
    - option for: hide those categories or at least ignore "All" and "Unfiled"

regardz, 2XS
    current devices: PRE+
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Do you have a default web app selected in the general preferences? Can you click on a link is an email and have it open up your web browser? Uncache blocked me from having a default web app and all hyperlinks that were not in a web app would not open.
    Actually I don't. I don't have Uncache installed. I looked at the DB and it's listed in the DB, but doesn't who up in the Preference Panel. That's annoying. I don't feel like reinstalling to figure it out so I guess I'll just have to live with it for now, unless someone knows a work around
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    not sure if u like toysoft apps but they came out with a new program called smspager, which has threaded smsing and a full line of features

thanks for your thoughts on DBP, i hope the developer digest some of our thoughts
    I'd love to see the SMS as the default too, or an option to choose it as the default. Of course I wouldn't want to lose all of the ones already in inbox and sent if I haven't deleted them. But since it is already integrated into that app, it would be a HUGE plus. Then there would be no need to install smspager.

The default SMS is just crappy looking. While it works I like the look of the one on the new GX5 program.

Hopefully they can implement it as the default SMS in one of the next releases.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post

Wish I had seen this 4 hours ago................ I ended up paying full retail after being an intial beta tester for DBP. Ah, tj deserves it for the rockin app...........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    any problems or bugs with UltimatePhone?

I am actually thinking of the problem of freezing when answering a phone call. After hard-reset (and installation of very well tested apps) I don't have this problem anymore.

This is a complex phone app, which makes me a bit skeptical...

(PS: I own a Treo 680 GSM)
    One problem I noticed is that the Extra Digits icon is no longer displayed when I initiate a call which I find quite annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Actually I don't. I don't have Uncache installed. I looked at the DB and it's listed in the DB, but doesn't who up in the Preference Panel. That's annoying. I don't feel like reinstalling to figure it out so I guess I'll just have to live with it for now, unless someone knows a work around
    Before you do that, try a wamr reset (AKA don't have anything load when it starts up). Is it available in the prefs? If so, something is blocking it. I had this happen with Uncache. When you uninstall it, it leaves behind a file that also needs uninstalled.
    Is there any way possible to set UP as the default launcher?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I'd love to see the SMS as the default too, or an option to choose it as the default. Of course I wouldn't want to lose all of the ones already in inbox and sent if I haven't deleted them. But since it is already integrated into that app, it would be a HUGE plus. Then there would be no need to install smspager.

The default SMS is just crappy looking. While it works I like the look of the one on the new GX5 program.

Hopefully they can implement it as the default SMS in one of the next releases.
    Speaking of which - I might have missed something in the user's manual (actually I haven't read any at all), but how come the UP SMS feature doesn't share database with the built in SMS application? I just used UP to send an SMS, but as UP lacks "sent items" and (threaded) logs, I went to the Palm Messaging applications but found nothing in the Sent items. However the receiver apparently received the SMS nonetheless.
    Is the SMS feature considered a beta, and will further development follow?

~Christopher