Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 LastLast
    TJ in one post says palm and software development for it is dead, but in another he said they will continue developing DBP.
    I hope they are still working on it, just avoiding the boards because they probably are tired of us demanding an update and they keep on telling us that the 2.0 update is a big project that takes a while to get it fixed. Also I hope they give us a glimpse of their media player project before I shell out my money for the iPod touch (buying one in november because I don't want to get one of those 'inverted' screen) Hopefully by then they should have it fixed

EDIT: Just saw new skins for the pTunes on pocket tunes website and have to say, I love the new burgundy look for pTunes, thanks for the skin release ^_^/ (shows how often I check that site (-_-)'
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 09/22/2007 at 03:00 AM.
    DBP now renamed to Ultimate Phone:

http://www.palmgear.com/?xyz=130074

Not sure what else has changed.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Well thats the end of the line for the program with me. No more upgrades. I don't use voicedialit, I use palm voice dial.
    Funny thing, I got an e-mail from Voice It Tech(I'm A Reg User)this morning announcing this as a new app. I didn't put 2 in 2 together.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    On Gx-5's website it still says DBP. I wonder if one is a bundle or you can buy it standalone.
    What I've noticed:

• No more overlay for background image. (Why did they remove this?)
    • Options for the different home screen layouts now depicted graphically.
    • More settings for voice dialling.

Anyone notice anything else?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow View Post
    What I've noticed:

No more overlay for background image. (Why did they remove this?)
    Options for the different home screen layouts now depicted graphically.
    More settings for voice dialling.

Anyone notice anything else?
    i always wondered why there is separate background colour and overlay colour, it mathematically didnt made any sense...it seems they noticed it too

there is also more usable 'reject by sms'
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    Is this a free upgrade for existing users?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Is this a free upgrade for existing users?
    I have DBP ver. 1.5001 (and have it registered). Is this new version an upgrade to DBP (more features/stability)? And like the other person said, is this a free upgrade to existing users?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to be. I installed it, but it didn't recognize my reg. code.
  12.    #832  
    We have released UltimatePhone, the next version of DialByPhoto. Here is what to expect
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/ultimatephone/
    if you have participated in beta or helped fellow users resolve issues here on this forum, you qualify for a free upgrade

All you have to do is this
    In the registration dialog, enter this email
    serialgiveaway@gx-5.com and select "Retrieve"

Please note offer ends in 3 days or if the quota is reached before then
    Also, you must have a data connection on your treo
    Thanks TJ, this one works smoother...and crisp! Nice, again looking good.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    can you upgrade from dial-by-photo? i have a paid version right now. looks really good!
    No you can't, its a total NEW download. Once you install it, it will overwrite DBP.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    wow. there should be at least a discount for this if you are changing from DBP.
    Is this the DBP 2.0 big update..?? If so it does look nice but not a drastic change like I was expecting.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Is this the DBP 2.0 big update..?? If so it does look nice but not a drastic change like I was expecting.
    Can anyone report back about whether this version is snappier and a bit more stable than its previous incarnation? I was/am a big fan of the app, but my wife and I both uninstalled DBP due to frequent resets on our otherwise stable 680s. Also, it was a tad too sluggish for our tastes--something that becomes very apparent when using the very responsive TakePhone, which I've recently been testing.
    Hmm I never had any trouble with DBP and Ultimate phone seems to be very stable, though there is some issues. Like for example when I get off a call, it goes to call log like I want it to but when I go to my start screen, it isn't the start screen I wanted, it goes back to the default setting instead of the Top 5 setting I had it so it is a lil bit of a pain to readjust that.
    No problems on my end, but I did do a full backup before installing it.
    It is a lot smoother. I got rid of all the web 2.0 apps.