Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    did you get it to work yet??

No and they sent me a new code that doesn't work EITHER. But then I wouldn't expect it to. The one they sent was like 4 or 5 digits long, while the one I got when I bought it was like 13 or so
    Try entering the 5 digit code under the line for registration. I think there is a separate button next to it. Maybe that will work.
    I for one couldn't care less about app launching, web searching, etc. These are "extras" IMO.

DBP started as a phone app and should focus on fixing and improving overall phone-related user experience first and foremost before adding any extra features.

Certain simple things leave me bewildered why it still is on the pending list of things that 'til now still need fixing (as they seem relatively simple):

1) Pressing phone key to cycle between views (home->call log->dial pad->home).

2) Fixing the layout of the Top5 view to a more intuitive one.

Those are just 2 of the top of my head. I'm sure there are many others other users find annoying.

Make DBP a better phone app, add the extras later.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I think any update from here on out will be incremental as they have stated numerous times that the palm os is a dead end. They also seem to be concentrating on getting apps ready for other platforms.

OT, they created the new interace for volumecare, which looks nice, but to me does nothing for the program.
    Just wanted to bump the thread so it doesn't get lost and the developer doesn't forget us palm users.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Just wanted to bump the thread so it doesn't get lost and the developer doesn't forget us palm users.
    Sadly, I'd have to say that it sounds like GX-5 already has.
    I've sent a technical support issue in two weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back. Is this a defunct program now?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I've sent a technical support issue in two weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back. Is this a defunct program now?
    definitely not dead, i got reply that this 1.5 which was provided here as beta should be out really soon....
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post

Might as well be dead. I think this is the last release of the program. Personally, the interfaces they are creating for other developers are visually appealing, but do nothing for the programs.
    You would think they would start up more since PalmOS II is not going to be around for at least 18 months, they would make some more progress on this and release 2.0 or a few new programs for the the current Palm OS. Could be even 2 years before the new software is out...Oh well...
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    How do you change the Email to go to Snapper instead its going to Versamail which I don't use...in my System prefs it shows that Snapper is my Mail Application but this application dosen't see that either...

Thanks
    Brian
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Well, I installed the beta and I am impressed. I am a registered TakePhone user and would actually consider replacing it with this app if they solved just two issues with the beta:

1) The dialer has no back button. In fact, in general, navigation between screens requires looking at the screen a heck of a lot more than it does in TakePhone.

2) The phone button behavior is unacceptable while you are in the app. At the very least, it should rotate back and forth between the program's dialer and start screens, rather than taking you to the Palm dialer. It would be nice, however, if the program allowed you to choose which screens that you rotate through as you hit the phone button in succession. TakePhone is an excellent model for that configuration option.

Those are the big ones. It would also be nice to see Bluetooth status on the home screen..and be able to click on it and control it...but it's not a deal breaker. Until someone addresses the other two items, however, I'll be sticking with TakePhone...which is too bad because this app is beautiful...and the Top 5 start screen is just too cool for words.

cheers,
    Steve
    (happy registered TreoWeather user )
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kg6bki View Post
    How do you change the Email to go to Snapper instead its going to Versamail which I don't use...in my System prefs it shows that Snapper is my Mail Application but this application dosen't see that either...

Thanks
    Brian
    so far all my problems with email or web were solved by going to prefs screen for default applications, manually setting all possibilities for what i want (i mean, it shows that mailer is snapper, so i open list of possibilities and choose snapper again). and confirm it. then it always started to work for me.
    why treo is smartphone and siemens c35i dumbphone when treo doesn't know to show current location, doesn't know to show if sms i sent was received and when, doesn't last on batteries longer then 2 days? shame on palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    1) The dialer has no back button. In fact, in general, navigation between screens requires looking at the screen a heck of a lot more than it does in TakePhone.
    you can always use 'backspace' to return to previous screen. its faster then 5way navigation or tapping screen
    Quote Originally Posted by selmi View Post
    you can always use 'backspace' to return to previous screen. its faster then 5way navigation or tapping screen
    That works. Thanks...but while you may not find the 5-way convenient, I do. I have to look for the backspace key and I can find the 5-way by touch.

While playing around with the dialer, I found one more issue...and it is a showstopper - if I start hitting the numeric keyboard keys while on the dialer screen, the app interprets this data entry as text...and starts accepting input to filter contacts...rather than accepting the input as numbers. Hmm...if I wanted to perform a contact search, I wouldn't have taken the time to switch to the dialer screen...since the start page supports the same contact search behavior.

There is a setting to switch this behavior, but the setting then also applies to the start screen...and I normally want to have the start screen interpret my entry as text...and have it start looking for contacts...not act as a dialer.

Actually, that (to me) is the value of the two separate screens. By definition, I go to the dialer because I need to enter a number...and when I do, I, like most Treo users, use the keyboard keys (not the screen) to enter the number. Using the dialer, however, is normally the exception for me. Normally, I am selecting a contact..and I want to do that from the start screen...with a text-based search. These may seem like niggling details, but I want as few keystrokes as possible to get to a contact...and I want the dialer to assume that I want to dial a number when I go out of my way to switch to this screen.

Frankly, the Palm standard dialer and contact list have this behavior implemented the correct way...as does TakePhone, which also has a start screen (i.e., the TakePhone "find" screen) with picture dialing and a dialer screen. It may not be as pretty, but it is very well thought out...and it addresses all of the items that I mentioned in my previous post - good navigation, programmable "phone" button, and a bluetooth icon on the start screen.

Looks like I am going back to TakePhone...at least until (if ever) this app gets updated and these items are addressed. Believe it or not, I use my Treo mostly to make phone calls.

Thanks again.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 09/20/2007 at 01:05 PM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Now I haven't used this program in a while, but if I remember right the numbers you type in are interpreted as either text or numbers; if it doesn't find a match in the address book it interprets it as numbers.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    That is the behavior it should have. Text until it finds no match and then is lists it as only numbers. In all honesty, there is no reason to have the on screen dialpad unless you want to use the touch screen instead of the hard keys. This behavior works on the main screen too.
    That's true, I like how it is set up in that you start typing in the numbers, it will start with text and if no contacs is found it goes to numbers. Still waiting to see what 2.0 will be like.
    I am so depressed. I don't think we will see a version 2. They used to post with replies, but not for a while now.
    I also think he said 1.5 was going to be the last major update, but he said that when he said palm software was dead....but its going to be around for at least another 18 months before the new version is out...So maybe they will rethink there strategy here and redevelop some more features and enhancements in this software. Who knows we may never hear anything again about this...Lets hope TJ makes a comment or 2
    Sprint Palm Pre