Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    TJ did I hear you say free upgrade????LOL
    The ability to change backgrounds for each different screen? Your shots show some darker than others?
    Launch favorite apps?
    Have the contacts go down the left side of the screen? It would go great with the attached wallpaper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cadman; 07/29/2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: added info
    Oh freakin awesome! Being able to launch bookmarks and applications from DBP?!?! SWEEEEEET!
    skinui & dbp play fine together on my 755, I use the slide effect only
    HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    My Problem with this software is that it doesnt register as a dialer so that when I use a program called YOURCALL. after I use dial by photo to call a person or I answer a call, the yourcall app takes over, then it goes to the default dialer which is palm dialer. there is a setting in YOURCALL to change to default dialer but the dial by photo doesnt show up as a choice..
    any ideas?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Im wondering if there is a way in dial by photo to have the photos and a small dialpad as well as the datebook etc? sometimes I am in a hurry and I just need to turn the phone on and tap on the dialpad...
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    Im wondering if there is a way in dial by photo to have the photos and a small dialpad as well as the datebook etc? sometimes I am in a hurry and I just need to turn the phone on and tap on the dialpad...
    you can just start typing in the numbers - you don't need to be in the dialpad part of DBP. from the photo screen, just start typing the number, once it cannot find a matching name it will convert the letters to numbers and away you go!

this looks GREAT!!! i have a 755p and have a mogul on a test run - these new DBP features may make my decision easy! i would like it to have seperate images for each screen and a either a fully customizable layout or at least MORE options for the launch screen.

ideally i would LOVE this and pay close to $50 for it.

Top row - digital cool clock with date (think HTC Today screen) tap clock for calendar (assignable program)

2nd row - 3 photo contacts with left/right scrolling and a tap box to go to full 3x3 photo screen

3rd row scrolling app icons - same functionality as the 2nd row photos.

then the <call log> <contacts> <email> <text> <web> <add contact> (i would love this on the main screen!!)

that is what i would really pay money for. i simply cannot get into the palms launcher programs and LOVE the customizable features on the mogul - but i cannot get over the ease of one handed operation of the palm 755p. (i so wish it had wi/fi )
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    SkinUI caused my 680 screen went white too. After I disable the "Form Effect" to "None" in SkinUI's pref, the problem goes away. So far so good.

Jessi, go to SkinUI option, preference or something, "Form Effect" choose "None" (I like the Slide/Fade though) and the white screen of death will go away.

This bug has nothing to do with DBP, even without DBP you'll get the same white screen of death with Treo 680.
    You are a freakin genius!!!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    You are a freakin genius!!!
    Reminded me of Anna Nicole Smith on that awards show when she was drunk.
    Is there a way to get nice looking fonts for international users ?
    All my contacts are in hebrew , But i want to be able to use the DBP fonts and not the system one.
    Quote Originally Posted by drz400sm View Post
    Is there a way to get nice looking fonts for international users ?
    All my contacts are in hebrew , But i want to be able to use the DBP fonts and not the system one.
    you may try fontsmoother in combination with dialbyphoto, it may look better then system font - if you will choose good font of course
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Reminded me of Anna Nicole Smith on that awards show when she was drunk.
    OMG, I totally didn't realize I was coming across as a drunken ****. I'll have to make a mental note to never do that again. And I remember watching her in all her drunken glory on the AMAs. That was awesome. Well, I'm glad I gave you a good laugh, Cad.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Its how my warped mind works at time.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    My Problem with this software is that it doesnt register as a dialer so that when I use a program called YOURCALL. after I use dial by photo to call a person or I answer a call, the yourcall app takes over, then it goes to the default dialer which is palm dialer. there is a setting in YOURCALL to change to default dialer but the dial by photo doesnt show up as a choice..
    any ideas?
    No one with answers to this??
    No one with answers to this??
    i am afraid you should ask on yourcall forums. as far as i know there is nothing like default dialer on treo, at least you can't set it (you can set only web, mail and sms). so if yourcall can change it its probably their feature and you should ask them to make them add support for dialbyphoto...
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/blog/simpsons4.jpg
    Some fun stuff. Read more here.
    Oh by the way, new version of DialByPhoto should come any day from now. You might even be able to spot some new features from the article
    Hey just curious as to when we should see this, Its been a few days. Pretty excited about getting this new update! Should we see it this week or next?
    I'm like a kid at Christmas...hopefully its here soon....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  17.    #757  
    Whats News so far:
    Voice Dialing ( u must have voicedialit installed )
    Favorites
    App launching ( see settings> Application Launching )
    Web 2.0 apps( see settings>Web 2.0)
    Better image clarity
    New web searching ( news, youtube )
    Faster loading of pic icons in the settings
    Updated DialPad

Name Change – No longer is it called DialByPhoto. Don’t know final name yet but for now we are calling it Ultimate Phone

This build may be unstable and you should not share it or recommend it to regular treo users. It could potentially cause a reset the first time you install and even loose your current photo contacts. The final version may require you to uninstall this alpha. Please make sure you back up your Treo before downloading this, using something like back up buddy

Know issue:
    -There might be a 1-1.5 second lag when you launch and you have “Show Calender, Emails…” set to true. If you are having this lag, Uncheck this option in Prefs>Start Screen

Download here

Also new icon sets download here ( to install, just place them in /Palm/Launcher folder )
    Last edited by tj8212; 08/05/2007 at 03:55 PM.
    Nice job! So far so good....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Cool. I'm not ready to jump on the alpha myself, but this is great news I'd love to see some screenshots!
    It's great development of the product. While using it, volumecare crashed my treo where I have to do a full restore. I like the apps screen. Will this be customizable in anyway? Can it be made to be transparent instead of all the application icons having a white background??