Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Ya can't blame us poor Treo users for feeling a bit insecure
  2. sug
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Ya can't blame us poor Treo users for feeling a bit insecure

Definitely with you on the 'Treo user insecurity' you're currently feeling. The forum has been very quiet for a while, and I wondered what was happening with Tunji at gx-5.com...

For those interested in picking Tunji's brain, check out a radio interview of him on a local Kansas city radio program. Link here:

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/kc...LE_ID=1118152#

In the interview, he praises the iPhone itself, but goes on about how the lack of openness may stifle innovation. He also speaks of how the Treo allows developers (like himself) to create apps to better the users' experience.

In the interview, he also names the 'mystery media player' that he and his team have been working on (around 9:40 into the interview). To continue checking what's new with Tunji, check out his blog at:

http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_weblog/

I came away feeling hopeful about what gx-5 will continue to develop for the Treo, and hope that Palm can continue developing products that will keep developers like Tunji interested.

Kudos to Tunji and the gx-5 team; I forgot how boring my Treo was prior to installing DbP back in December. Keep up the good work, and don't forget about us loyal Treo user/gx-5 fans!
    Last edited by sug; 07/25/2007 at 08:53 PM.
    That Would Be Sweet!!!
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    Where'd you get that screenshot?
    Prolly not too cool posting that pic if the phone number is legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post

under answering some questions

under hyperlink tease
    Quote Originally Posted by braj
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post

under answering some questions

under hyperlink tease
    Well forget what I said about posting the phone number.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Is he aware he did that?
    maybe he wants us to personally call him and give him product ideas...LoL
    I'm confused. Is the palm os development alive and well as posted here, or dead as he mentions in his blog.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I'm confused. Is the palm os development alive and well as posted here, or dead as he mentions in his blog.
    Where in his blog?
    I wonder if they are currently focused on making an interface and skins for pocket tunes on the foleo. That on screen screenshot looks helluva sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I took it to mean that his opinion is the current Palm OS is dead so GX-5 are not focusing on applications that improve on the OS functionality. Instead, they are producing apps to improve the UI and overall OS appearance.
    gotcha
    I got a soft reset today from DBP (latest version, just DLed yesterday). Just an FYI or bug report or whatever...

I had just assigned two pictures last night, replacing the icons I used until I loaded my contact pics on the phone... This morning I went to the top-middle picture (my default view is the 3x3 grid) and hit the messaging hardkey to send my friend a text, and the phone reset.

DBP had to reinitialize after the reset, but the photos, contacts, settings, etc are all intact and it's worked fine since.

Phone is a 755p.
    I thought they said the 755p is officially supported yet?
    That reset happened again, the same way, about 20 min ago.

If the 755p isn't supported yet, my mistake, I thought they went by PalmOS releases for compatibility, and not specific models. (isn't the OS the same between the 700 and the 755?)
    yep but hardware changed a bit.
    it should be compatible, the 755

the african nerd (developer) has the treo 755 and now the iphone as well