Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    How about the ability to change the font style and size?
    Its a bit to small for me in its default.

I tried to change the font size using Fonts4OS5 but it did not enlarge the DBP screen.
    Ideas or no option at this point?
    Thanks
    u can try font smoother or fonthackV with YAHM

make sure under settings / background and font / font settings/ u have use system font, checked off

if the fonts look too small on the DBP screen , try another font
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofdatreo View Post
    Hey ILBandit: Just stumbled onto your post and it is very timely for me...since you have both Butler and DBP running at the same time, let me ask you a favor (to see if this same thing happens w/you): I assigned a phone number to the letter "T" and dialed it by depressing the "T" key yet from w/i DBP, it dialed but after the phone call it goes to the original Palm dialer screen and not DBP. (BTW, DBP is my default phone program, and all of the checkboxes under the General tab were checked.) And, FWIW, I have a Treo 650.

Did that funky little thing happen for you (were you able to reproduce the problem of not returning to DBP)? Not a big deal if you weren't, and maybe it is just my set up, but I ran into that problem over last weekend. I was only running a trial of Butler, so I just deleted it, but I do like the favorites concept. Still think DBP is an incredibly solid program though.

i was able to duplicate the issue... i have the newest butler and DBP (betas) and when i use quickkeys to dial, example, holding down 1 to call v/m.. once i hang up it goes back to default dialer rather then back to DBP even though i have the last option checked in general DBP tab... if i hit an icon from DBP and hangup the call goes back to DBP, seems the option has changed that it only returns to DBP if u initiate a call from there, i am assuming that with the quick keys it is not taking it as u are initiating the call from DBP
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    u can try font smoother or fonthackV with YAHM

make sure under settings / background and font / font settings/ u have use system font, checked off

if the fonts look too small on the DBP screen , try another font
    I use Fonts4OS5...

I only want to increase the size in DBP not all my fonts.
    My system fonts are ok for now but in DBP they are to small while driving.

When I change the font size for DBP it increases the settings menu only.
    The DBP screen with the chosen contact and all information on the default page are VERY small.
    AKA Calender, SMS, Email, Date, Categories, Dial pad, Cool Stuff, Call Log, Web.
    I want to increase those...

Will the above do that and if so how?
    Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 05/23/2007 at 07:38 AM.
    JW
    i use fonthackV which is free if u want to stay that route and i use YAHM (yet another hack manager) and fonts for standard and bold

Larabie for standard and ale the serif for bold

it makes all the info u are discussing bigger, the only thing that is a little smaller is the date and time on the top of the screen

this only affects this one program not all the applications u have
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I Never noticed that happening, Most of my regularly called people were right on the front screen, so I could just push the picture, and dial them, But I did use the favorites menu quite a bit, the only thing I noticed, that was when you pressed and held the favorites button that you assigned to something (like a phone number, or an application) it would go to the contacts page for people with that letter in their name first, then if you just kept holding it down, it would go ahead and hit the target that you had the favorites button assigned to.
    I agree with you, it was very stable for me also, didn't have any problems other than no notification of missed calls. I uninstalled it for now, hoping for that to be one of the improvements that comes out in a newer version further down the road. I'll load it back up again right away if that gets changed.
    Sorry if this has been asked but there are too many pages to find the answer. I'm trying the beta and it seems the program doesn't launch when I hit phone when im on other application or screen. I have to hit the phone button 2x to get the app to come up. Is this because I dont have a registered version?
    its in the options of the DBP program itself to set this up I believe.
    I already have it set up to run when i press the phone button but still requires 2 presses.
    In menu/general, do you have the 'Launch when I press the Phone button' checked? That should be able to take you to DBP with the phone button press.
    Hi Lupe...yes I have that set up already.
    do you use a 3rd party app launcher?
    when I have sounds turned on in zlauncher, a double click is needed at times.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    i use fonthackV which is free if u want to stay that route and i use YAHM (yet another hack manager) and fonts for standard and bold

Larabie for standard and ale the serif for bold

it makes all the info u are discussing bigger, the only thing that is a little smaller is the date and time on the top of the screen

this only affects this one program not all the applications u have

I installed YAHM, and fonthackV along with the 2 attached fonts.
    First I want to say thank you for all your efforts.
    But Categories, DialPad, Contacts, Cool Stuff, Call Log, Web still have not changed.
    The persons name, Call Log itself, and the menus look great, but when I am driving and need to choose the word: DailPad they are still small.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    JW
    i was able to duplicate the issue... i have the newest butler and DBP (betas) and when i use quickkeys to dial, example, holding down 1 to call v/m.. once i hang up it goes back to default dialer rather then back to DBP even though i have the last option checked in general DBP tab... if i hit an icon from DBP and hangup the call goes back to DBP, seems the option has changed that it only returns to DBP if u initiate a call from there, i am assuming that with the quick keys it is not taking it as u are initiating the call from DBP

Just out of curiousity, what treo model do you have and what phone carrier? I thought I would pass this along to TJ...just to show that I'm not crazy (I mean, the only one who this happened to).
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    Hi Lupe...yes I have that set up already.
    Do you have this in your Ram or is it running off the Card? It sounds like its on an SD card which is why its taking 2 button presses to get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Do you have this in your Ram or is it running off the Card? It sounds like its on an SD card which is why its taking 2 button presses to get it to work.
    I have it in RAM. I wanna buy this but that issue is preventing me. And also the bluetooth icon doesnt show up.
    Hmmm well that is all I could think of, I know there used to be a problem like that long ago before the 1.0 version but the newer versions fixed that problem.
    Now this is weird. I finally added a background image and now it works. I was using the default before. Now even when I go back to default it still works. Go figure. Thanks for your help however. Now what about the bluetooth icon. Is that going to be added on a future release. My treo 700 BT disconnects a lot and I the only way to really tell is with the icon in the phone menu. It doesnt show on Dial by Photo main screen.
    Oh adding a background to fix that app, how could I have forgot bout that....DOH >.< lol well glad to see that weird way fix that app hehe. Now for the Bluetooth icon it doesn't show it on the DBP main screen, but if you click on the time/battery/signal area it will bring up a popup that shows the bluetooth icon as well and show if its on or off.
  19.    #619  
    We have a new minor update, 1.4007. Mostly internal fine tuning but we have add to nifty enhancements.
    1. If a photo contact is in focus, press the spacebar key to list all the numbers
    2. DialbyPhoto now remembers the last call log screen you are in thus you are not alway stuck in the last 20

Download Beta here
    ****** always do a back up of your rom before installing alpha and beta builds. You can use any back up software. Once we like is Back Up Buddy. Learn more at http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_details.html

Report any issues at:
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm
    I Love the spacebar option to see all of the numbers! Excellent work!

ps- San Antonio is up by 3... Damn!