Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    I went back to vs1.4004 because of resets on my 650....since I went back no resets.
    i would like an option to return to DBP only after DBP phone calls
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Does that lil bell not show up when u use this app?
    I have never seen the little bell until I installed the latest version of TAKphONE. I figuted it was part of TP. Do you also have TP installed?

I still can't figure out what it is trying communicate to me. Any idea where it is documented?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    The little bell is just telling you that you missed a call, text or alarm. Its part of the Main Treo Software.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Nope I don't have that installed. The little bell is an alert window in case you missed an appointment or a call or text or something. It's a Palm thing. It's on the 700p... on the 650 it's an asterisk.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Heya, I hope the next update intergrates TreoWeather with DialByPhoto. Maybe like I suggested earlier have the name be moved to the center of the oval and have it fade in and where the name use to be at the bottom, you can have that be replaced by the icon for the weather of the day for the current condition. . Thanks again and can't wait to see the next big thing from you guys ^_^/
    I like DBP and bought it a month ago. However, since about that time, my 700 has reset more than since I have had it. I mean usually at least once a day. Checking the culprit, it was never one specific application, sometimes DBP and sometimes other things. I know GX-5 is a really good company, but they can't check the compatibility for every combination of programs. So, for now, I have removed DBP. I may try it again in the near future, but will see after leaving it off for a while. It is a great program though.
    I like the DBP interface, and think I want to buy it, but I was wondering if there are any ways to do the following

1) If I have the calendar link listed, when I click on it, I go to the default Palm Calendar, not DateBk6, which I have installed. Is there some way to change that?

2) With the Phone app, hitting the green "dial" button will give you the last ten numbers dialed. Is there a quick link equivalent to that without going into the call log?

3) Is there some way in the contact list to exclude sim card entries? All of my contacts are listed twice, once for the PDA, once for the sim card.

4) Is there some way to add your own program link (with the contacts, email, web, calendar, etc)? It would be nice to be able to customize which options appear (so you could get rid of "web" if you never use it, for example) while still adding your own.

Chris
    3) could you have the sim card #'s appear as private records?

4) I am dying for this option...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Nope I don't have that installed. The little bell is an alert window in case you missed an appointment or a call or text or something. It's a Palm thing. It's on the 700p... on the 650 it's an asterisk.
    That's why I'm surprised to see it. I have a 650 and have known about the asterisk for a long time. In fact I still see it whenever I miss a call or test or ... Maybe TP brings it to the 650 since the app I see it in is TP.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    For number 4, you can change the default app for email, I changed it from Versamail to Snappermail. You can change this under Preferences, Default app. AT least with the 650, though I believe it should be the same for the other treo's.
    I just figured a work around for not listing the sim card contacts.

Catagorize all contacts in one heading, and the when lookin at the contacts, only choose that category. Right now, all my contact are "unfiled", so if I choose unflied, then I don't see the sim card numbers.

Unfortunately, it means I can't categorize my contacts. Also, it doesn't save the "unfiled" as the default view - I have to choose it each time.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    For number 4, you can change the default app for email, I changed it from Versamail to Snappermail. You can change this under Preferences, Default app. AT least with the 650, though I believe it should be the same for the other treo's.
    you can change it for the hard button, but I think you can't change it in DBP
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    you can change it for the hard button, but I think you can't change it in DBP
    Dial By Photo uses whatever is your default mail app (the one you set for the button). Hence the reason why when I click "email" it goes to chatter...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Dial By Photo uses whatever is your default mail app (the one you set for the button). Hence the reason why when I click "email" it goes to chatter...
    I have the email button set to sms, but when I hit the email icon in DBP it goes to MMS.
    Ohhh noo, I mean for the system default apps, it lets you change what you want to open for Email, Web, and Messaging. When I click on the email icon in DBP, it will open up snappermail as that is my default email client. Just have to change what you want in Palm Preferences, Default App. This is for the 650 but I'm sure it should be on other treo's as well, I would hate to be bound to Versamail egh >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I went back to vs1.4004 because of resets on my 650....since I went back no resets.
    where can i download the older version?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I'd like to see the ability to re-order calendar, contacts, etc. in the startup screen to whatever order I like. Also I'm still getting blurry photos on the startup screen for my contacts..they aren't blurry in the contacts app or on my card.

Also, there's a bug with Butler when you dial using a favorites button, it returns to the default phone app instead of DBP. For some reason after I installed DBP it removed my drop down to change my default phone app.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    I wish it did this for the default calendar program.

Chris
    you could try going to www.palmgear.com or mytreo.net and see what version they have. I don't think I have the prc anymore.