Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Brief update to my earlier comments above: The latest version of DBP has been much more stable on my 680. No resets so far.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i also have the same setup as u but am not having an issue with speed dialing. I have butler setup for keylaunch with keycaps setup (ignore 2 repeats before launch)

In DBP i have key pressing to start dialing, not start search
    dialing and typing menu (uncheck start contact search)

with that setup my speed dialing (quick keys, favorites) work fine from DBP

give it a try

I also am in the same boat with takephone and DBP, lol

but i am still using both
    takephone gets launched with green button and DBP with phone button
    Still doesn't work. Assuming I'm trying to use the speed dial assigned to the number six; now it will flicker then show two 6's and then go to the builtin phone app but still doesn't dial. Actually it did dial the first time I tried it but only once.

Since I have a 650 I don't have enough memory to run both TP and DBP.

Another thought occurred to me; a long hold of the phone button would suffice to dial the "speed dial number" for the Photo Speed Dial Contact. Of course TP supports that as "redial" which is extremely handy.

I don't mean to compare everything that DBP does to TP but the reality is, TP is the "standard" for a phone app.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I just noticed a new problem today. I am missing several contacts in DBP that are available in my regular phone apps contact list. These contacts have both email and phone numbers. I'm not sure why they aren't showing up. Other contacts in the same category are showing up too.

EDIT: If I add a new Photo Contact, it is there. If I try to type in the name, it will eventually go to dial pad numbers. If I click the Contacts button on the bottom of DBP, it is no listed there. Only if it goes into the Palm Contact list (judging by the look) will it have the contact.
    Last edited by cavingjan; 04/11/2007 at 06:18 PM.
    With the latest build I'm having problems with the "Reject by SMS". Even when I don't enable it, those people who called me will get a SMS message. When I tried to delete all the messages "In a meeting, etc." and exit from the option menu and then go back to the "Reject by SMS" option, all the messages reappear. This is unacceptable because my friends are getting charged 25cents/message that I missed. How can I disable this automatic SMS that is being sent out?
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    Still doesn't work. Assuming I'm trying to use the speed dial assigned to the number six; now it will flicker then show two 6's and then go to the builtin phone app but still doesn't dial. Actually it did dial the first time I tried it but only once.

Since I have a 650 I don't have enough memory to run both TP and DBP.

Another thought occurred to me; a long hold of the phone button would suffice to dial the "speed dial number" for the Photo Speed Dial Contact. Of course TP supports that as "redial" which is extremely handy.

I don't mean to compare everything that DBP does to TP but the reality is, TP is the "standard" for a phone app.

just to note... it works on mine so it isnt an issue with the software its a conflict with software on your device, if u hard reset your device and install DBP and butler i would bet what u are looking for will happen..

if u are using keycaps, try using treokeyhack from mytreo.net... just like keycaps, that is what i use and it works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I just noticed a new problem today. I am missing several contacts in DBP that are available in my regular phone apps contact list. These contacts have both email and phone numbers. I'm not sure why they aren't showing up. Other contacts in the same category are showing up too.

EDIT: If I add a new Photo Contact, it is there. If I try to type in the name, it will eventually go to dial pad numbers. If I click the Contacts button on the bottom of DBP, it is no listed there. Only if it goes into the Palm Contact list (judging by the look) will it have the contact.
    click on categories on the DBP screen, is all selected?
    Quote Originally Posted by newworld View Post
    With the latest build I'm having problems with the "Reject by SMS". Even when I don't enable it, those people who called me will get a SMS message. When I tried to delete all the messages "In a meeting, etc." and exit from the option menu and then go back to the "Reject by SMS" option, all the messages reappear. This is unacceptable because my friends are getting charged 25cents/message that I missed. How can I disable this automatic SMS that is being sent out?
    check the option on the menu, reject my sms, i am guessing that u do not have it enabled

click on show sms before sending... so that way maybe u can tell if it is DBP whcih is sending out the sms, u might have another 3rd party software doing it...

delete all the messages on that screen.. what is the sms message that your friends are receiving
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    click on categories on the DBP screen, is all selected?
    Yes it is. I've even tried the specific categories too.
    Man... just tried DBP... amazing program... but until I can set my default call log type (all, missed, last 20)... its not ready for me. That "last 20" screen is useless with longer names... can't see anything.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I already bought DBP, but I'm still having resets on every other call...
    Join the club... sometimes you have to just cut your loses..
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    Join the club... sometimes you have to just cut your loses..
    I know...I'm going to go back to v1.2, that one was stable. I don't use all the bells and whistles anyway. I rarely send SMS and I just use Sharklinks to jump on the internet sites I need. I want to use the program for its aesthetics, but the resets are driving me nuts! I have to run around and look for my daughter's "dumb phone" just to finish a phone call.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I know...I'm going to go back to v1.2, that one was stable. I don't use all the bells and whistles anyway. I rarely send SMS and I just use Sharklinks to jump on the internet sites I need. I want to use the program for its aesthetics, but the resets are driving me nuts! I have to run around and look for my daughter's "dumb phone" just to finish a phone call.
    yeah, I ended up dropping back to Toysofts PictureDial with ribbonView.. Its not as fancy, but uses WAY less memory, and has never crashed on me...
    I'm hesitant to purchase the program until release 2.0. As stated earlier, that would not be a free upgrade for anyone who purchased 1.xxx. It is a great program, but better sms integration, and possible allowing us non data users to customize the options on the start up screen would be nice. For instance, I don't need to have email and web on showing.
    Looks like v1.4 is out, on the app just choose Check For Update & you'll get it....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    download failed.....I'll check their site.
  16.    #456  
    For those of you that DialByPhoto is fustrating,
    We have just initiated in new support method that gives us the best chance to resolve these issues. Most of you are hardcore treo users with tons of apps on your Treo and thus the potential of resets increases. almost a 100% of all issues we have seen is a result of interference with another program or something another program has done to your system settings. In order to help us hopefully solve this, we will need you to send us a backed up version of your rom. The steps to do this are located at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...ackeduprom.htm

While this might take a few minutes of your time, it is our best chance of resolving this issue, allowing you to use DialByPhoto.
    Can't way I really want to install another program just to send a bug report. Will NVBackup provide everything you need?
  18.    #458  
    yeah, it should. When you send the email, please remember to state what the issue is.
    TJ,
    I apologize if I am bashing the program. Far from it. I love it, and it actually makes it easier for non treo users that need to use my phone aka wife, to dial contacts. When I free'd up more than 2mb of ram, it hasn't reset on me yet (about 2 days)
    My Treo is re-set free too...fyi.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter