Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    New build fixes quite a few things. Still some more quirky things to work out sor sending sms. Since it is not ready for prime time there is an option in preference >advanced 2 to use default sms app
    Download Here

*******Update on Resets and insufficient memory messages***********

if u have a 650 and if u have a lot of 3rd party apps. Then there is a chance you might have insufficient memory to run dialbyyphoto,particularly if some of these apps are running in the background. sorry, thats the price of a rich user interface. using a treo 680 or higher which have more memory solves this issue.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    *******Update on Resets and insufficient memory messages***********

if u have a 650 and if u have a lot of 3rd party apps. Then there is a chance you might have insufficient memory to run dialbyyphoto,particularly if some of these apps are running in the background. sorry, thats the price of a rich user interface. using a treo 680 or higher which have more memory solves this issue.[/QUOTE]
    >>>>

Great! I'll try this out right now. And just to clarify my earlier comment, I'm suffering from occasional resets on an otherwise stable 680, not 650.
    Last edited by no_basho; 04/06/2007 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    And just to clarify my earlier comment, I'm suffering from occasional resets on an otherwise stable 680, not 650.
    Same here...
    In the interest of possibly reducing the file sizes...
    How about eliminating the icons from the programs and releasing them as a jpg pack? They are very nice people icons and I would love to attach them to several contacts in outlook and my treo that I receive calls from but rarely initiate calls. Plus it would move them out of DBP and into the contacts DB. If that is done, you could bypass having your own picture log and use only the copies in the contactsDB.

I think I have that worded correctly and as I intend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    app looks way cool---

i am deciding though, do I need this when I get most of its features in TakePhone?

Will this program work in conjunction with Takephone? Any advantages?
    can anyone help comment with the above?

thanks
    I use takephone and DBP, i have takephone launch with green button on treo 700p and DBP launch with phone button, usually the way i use... DBP, i use just for my close friends and takephone i use for searching and calling all the other numbers in my phone book, and i also like the interface better on takephone for missed calls and voicemail, with missed calls, it has small popup which comes up with the last 5 or so missed calls with menu x....i use take phone to schedule calls, send contact info.. takephone is more of a business layout and has pretty much all the fine tooning u need for a phonebook, DBP is more like a fun application with a nice looking interface, one of the nice new things is the sms messaging if they get all the bugs worked out, i am hoping that incoming sms' will launch DBP.. so at the end yes, u can use both programs, u really dont need both but i have the extra memory and like having the option of using both...DBP is a new growing software so i am keeping it around and having fun with all the recent new changes, if your pressed for memory takephone is the way to go, and 5way navigation is supported throughout all the tabs so its real easy to navigate.... choosing software is a personal preference, thats why its great that they come with free trials, no harm in trying it out, try out takephone and see what u like more
    installed new version...

sms.. i know its still under fine tuning so...
    just for a heads up, the block that tells u how many characters u have left cuts over your sms message... after about 87 characters, the box lays over your text.. a picture will help out better.. screen needs to automatically scroll up more, so not to get in the way

the scroll arrows also lay over sms text
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    installed new version...

sms.. i know its still under fine tuning so...
    just for a heads up, the block that tells u how many characters u have left cuts over your sms message... after about 87 characters, the box lays over your text.. a picture will help out better.. screen needs to automatically scroll up more, so not to get in the way

the scroll arrows also lay over sms text
    Weird--i don't get this problem on my 650...but one thing I noticed was that after sending a text though DialByPhoto, it does not save it in your "chat" log like it does with the default texting app...Can this be fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBu View Post
    Weird--i don't get this problem on my 650...but one thing I noticed was that after sending a text though DialByPhoto, it does not save it in your "chat" log like it does with the default texting app...Can this be fixed?
    yes, i also noticed this, u cant tell if message was really sent or not

will DBP ever be able to receive incoming sms messages?
    my 650 has been crashing every few hours when dialing out of DBP. There is also a significant delay. I have unistalled some 3rd party apps. It seems that when volumecare is disabled, I am not getting the resets. Could this just be coincidence?
    these devices are so unstable, lol

i am using volumecare and DBP and not receiving any resets... well i am receiving some resets but crashpro never states that one of these programs are the issue
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    my 650 has been crashing every few hours when dialing out of DBP. There is also a significant delay. I have unistalled some 3rd party apps. It seems that when volumecare is disabled, I am not getting the resets. Could this just be coincidence?
    I'm having resets on every other call now, on the 680. I think it's worse with this version than 1.3xx.
    Wow DBP works great on my 650 with no resets when I have lil memory in RAM, about 5MB. Can't wait to see DBP handle SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm having resets on every other call now, on the 680. I think it's worse with this version than 1.3xx.
    have u tried locking program via resco lock?
    The order for the numbers under each contact, is that based on how they are entered into the address book?
    For instance, some contacts have the mobile number first, and company second, while others have it reversed. I guess the simplest solution would be to correct this in outlook and then re-sync my address book. But will I have to re-edit the contacts in DBP?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    For me the biggest need is support for speed dial. I have Butler installed and sometimes the speed dial works but most of the time it just causes DBP to do a search and then flashes the screen a few times and then goes to the builtin phone app but the number is not listed so nothing gets dialed. To me that is basic functionality that is more important than SMS'ing. The builtin messaging app works well enough. Every time I try to use a speed dial and it fails I think about switching back to TakePHone but DBP is SOOOO much prettier that I have resisted. Please, please work on "native" support for speed dial.

Update:
    A thought just occurred to me; how about designating one of the numbers assigned to each Photo Speed Dial Contact as the default number and then have a long press of the 5-way dial that number? I suppose you could use another key like maybe the side key under the volume buttons. Just a thought but I think it could work.
    Last edited by TxDot; 04/10/2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Enter a brilliant idea!
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Please, please work on "native" support for speed dial.

Update:
    A thought just occurred to me; how about designating one of the numbers assigned to each Photo Speed Dial Contact as the default number and then have a long press of the 5-way dial that number? I suppose you could use another key like maybe the side key under the volume buttons. Just a thought but I think it could work.

If these things get incorporated, then I am buying this program. I so hesitant to pulling the trigger for an app that looks great, and I would love to have, but unless it can replace the native phone app entirely, its still window dressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    If these things get incorporated, then I am buying this program. I so hesitant to pulling the trigger for an app that looks great, and I would love to have, but unless it can replace the native phone app entirely, its still window dressing.
    I already bought DBP, but I'm still having resets on every other call...
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    For me the biggest need is support for speed dial. I have Butler installed and sometimes the speed dial works but most of the time it just causes DBP to do a search and then flashes the screen a few times and then goes to the builtin phone app but the number is not listed so nothing gets dialed. To me that is basic functionality that is more important than SMS'ing. The builtin messaging app works well enough. Every time I try to use a speed dial and it fails I think about switching back to TakePHone but DBP is SOOOO much prettier that I have resisted. Please, please work on "native" support for speed dial.
    i also have the same setup as u but am not having an issue with speed dialing. I have butler setup for keylaunch with keycaps setup (ignore 2 repeats before launch)

In DBP i have key pressing to start dialing, not start search
    dialing and typing menu (uncheck start contact search)

with that setup my speed dialing (quick keys, favorites) work fine from DBP

give it a try

I also am in the same boat with takephone and DBP, lol

but i am still using both
    takephone gets launched with green button and DBP with phone button
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I already bought DBP, but I'm still having resets on every other call...
    try uninstalling and installing again...

try locking the program in RLock

there is a problem with your phone not the latest version

my phone doesnt reset, well not at the high frequency u are stating

have u installed any new telephony programs recently?

i was having a problem with resets on incoming and outgoing calls and once i locked treo area codes (TAC) all was ok

there is another program like TAC , cityid... if u have one of those programs, it might be conflicting, RLock could help