Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
  1.    #401  
    Last edited by tj8212; 04/04/2007 at 10:11 PM.
    Awesome! Another great job & option....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    OMG just when I thought you guys had it set up great, you make it even better! Thanks for the great work in making an awesome phone/sms app, so beatiful it is ;_;.

EDIT: Just MSG myself to see what happens when I received messages and well, any way to let DialByPhoto be default SMS opener? Its just bad to send out sms on such a beatiful app but then open receieved messages in that dull palm sms app. Though be cool to keep the sms threaded of course
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    I think I may be the only one, but DBP gave my 650 major issues (due to Cache, I think). I even went as far as hard resetting and reinstalling everything. Unless Cache was cleared by Reset Doctor prior to opening it, I got a permanent white screen. I also couldn't add a custom wallpaper without an "insufficent memory" message.
    Yeah I got constant resets on my Treo 650, ended up giving up on it, between the resets and the HUGE memory footprint, it just wasn't worth it.. Maybe if I get a 680 and have more memory to spare i will try again..

Even with version 1.3

Error was either "Fatal Exception" or "MemoryMgr.c Line 3877 Invalid Chunk ptr"
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    Yeah I got constant resets on my Treo 650, ended up giving up on it, between the resets and the HUGE memory footprint, it just wasn't worth it.. Maybe if I get a 680 and have more memory to spare i will try again..

Even with version 1.3

Error was either "Fatal Exception" or "MemoryMgr.c Line 3877 Invalid Chunk ptr"
    The last version reset my 650 everytime I had to make a call...same error message. DBP was fine with every version before 1.3. I'm hoping v1.4a will stop the resets. I had the same problem on my 680, so I don't think that made a difference.
    installing the new prc file to my 650 does nothing.
    my version still says 1.3905......do i have to uninstall the old to install the new version? If so won't I lose my settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    installing the new prc file to my 650 does nothing.
    my version still says 1.3905......do i have to uninstall the old to install the new version? If so won't I lose my settings?
    I get the same thing. Probably just a typo in the program because I just downloaded and installed and my version went from 1.301 to 1.3905.
    thanks....
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    .... any way to let DialByPhoto be default SMS opener? Its just bad to send out sms on such a beatiful app but then open receieved messages in that dull palm sms app. Though be cool to keep the sms threaded of course

I agree...this would be great!
    some things i noticed...

cancel actually means clear, clears what u wrote, should be changed from cancel

i am not sure what the paragraph icon with " around it does...?

the ALT button doesnt work to add special characters, it dosn't autofix text like default sms application does

if u go over 160 characters and it goes into 2 messages then u send, it says it was sent but the farend never receives and it doesnt show messages sent in default sms program

also stinks that when u hit center button it doesnt jump to send, u have to scroll down to send, default sms application jumps to send with center button

u cannot highlight any text to copy or highlight to type over
    Last edited by italiangspot; 04/05/2007 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    some things i noticed...

cancel actually means clear, clears what u wrote, should be changed from cancel

i am not sure what the paragraph icon with " around it does...?

the ALT button doesnt work to add special characters, it dosn't autofix text like default sms application does

if u go over 160 characters and it goes into 2 messages then u send, it says it was sent but the farend never receives and it doesnt show messages sent in default sms program

also stinks that when u hit center button it doesnt jump to send, u have to scroll down to send, default sms application jumps to send with center button

u cannot highlight any text to copy or highlight to type over
    good list.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    r
    I thought I was the only one that appreciated this little feature.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    The last version reset my 650 everytime I had to make a call...same error message. DBP was fine with every version before 1.3. I'm hoping v1.4a will stop the resets. I had the same problem on my 680, so I don't think that made a difference.
    I went back to PictureDial for the time being not as nice, but much smaller ;-)

But I am curious as you had the same issues as me, does 1.4a fix the resets on dial for you..

P.S. Mine was exactly like yours it reset whenever I tried to call someone. And you may be right it started with 1.3 (or maybe one version before?)
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hmm, I, too, have noticed a higher number of resets when placing a call with the last few versions of DBP. (I have the latest, posted above).

What generally happens is this: I scroll to a photo contact, press the center button to choose that contact, scroll down to the number I want to call, and when I hit the center button I get a soft reset.

This probably happens once out of every ten calls or so. Reset Doctor shows a "Fatal Reset" when running DialByPhoto. I love the app and intend to keep using it, but I'd like to see this issue ironed out.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    mine was like that (ie 1 in 10) but just got worse for some reason, eventually every time..
    I would say my resets were 1 in 3 But, the versions before 1.3 were always stable so I never thought to attribute it to DBP until I read joele's post. I just thought I had done something different recently and couldn't remember what...
    I have had maybe two or three resets total since installing the program on monday...but since installing 1.3905, its been reset free on my 650
    app looks way cool---

i am deciding though, do I need this when I get most of its features in TakePhone?

Will this program work in conjunction with Takephone? Any advantages?
    No way I'm upgrading yet. 1.3 was first to work properly on my 650.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    No way I'm upgrading yet. 1.3 was first to work properly on my 650.
    Really??? That was the only version that didn't work for me...