Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I really would love to be able to dial contacts by simply entering their initials from the main screen, instead of scrolling down to Contacts and then do that. A few less keystrokes and more efficient.
    Ouch .. I see what you mean. This is a total dealbreaker for me. I love how the standard Contacts application enables you to do very quick searching by initials. Please please also enable this for your version of Contacts.

I also wouldn't mind losing a few kilobytes. It's a whopping 955K and with the Treo 650 that's alot of memory for what is essentially a wrapper around the Phone app (although I really like the extra sms functionality and the home screen)

P.S. As support I bought the app for the beta price. I really love your GUI designs and you're obviously very talented in both programming and the gfx department; a very rare combination. Keep it up with more app ideas please

Edit to my initial comment on the filesize. It's actual much worse than I thought App size is 918k, DialByPhotoPngCache on my device (Treo 650) is 507k and then another 200k for _cachedbmp_gx52.ntv. That's 1625k (1,6MB!) in total
    Last edited by djr; 12/19/2006 at 05:24 PM.
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by djr View Post
    love how the standard Contacts application enables you to do very quick searching by initials. Please please also enable this for your version of Contacts.
    We are looking into this.

We know size is an issue for 650 users and we have done the best we can do for version 1.0. and we will continue working on this.
    [udpated - 12/23/06 ]We just made some breakthroughs on the size issue and you will see improvements in future( 1.xx) releases.

Version 1.0 of DialByPhoto is not a phone replacement app. That is just impossible to do at this moment. It is more of an add on that you can have displayed first when you press the phone button
    Last edited by tj8212; 12/23/2006 at 05:08 AM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
    I have about 40 pictures in my DCIM folder; a fair number.
    But the initial lag is not that long; nothing like the Blazer lag time.

Jeff
    Try this. Pop out the sd card and try using DialByPhoto and see if you see improved speed. Also, can you let me know hich Treo you use?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Try this. Pop out the sd card and try using DialByPhoto and see if you see improved speed. Also, can you let me know hich Treo you use?
    I am using a Treo 700p.

Without the SD card the initial load time is 1 second or slightly less.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    any comment about the size of the buttons being bigger and the highlight issue
    are you going to implement the launcing apps from this in the future?

Also, you say 3 secs on the 700p I'm getting 4-5secs.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    I think that the photos can be highlighted better. Perhaps have the other photos blurred a bit and the one highlighted is clear and have a noticeable white border around it.

When sending an sms, it should be smart enough to choose the mobile phone number.
    Yep, provided the same feedback during the private beta so hopefully they will get addressed soon.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by djr View Post
    What I like about Toysoft's PhotoDial is that you can also link to url's and applications. If this get's added I'll be a convert (but i'll probably buy it anyway )
    Yep, those items too in my private beta feedback
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Like others here, I am very pleased with this program. One small annoyance I have found though is the lack of always visible BT icon support. I know I can tap the very, very small icon on the screen to open a pop-up that shows BT status. But having to do this every time my 700p looses pairing with my headset is a major pain. Seems to me there is more than enough space at the top of the screen to show all the needed status icons, and eliminate the useless pop-up.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    It would be better to remove the few seconds delay when choosing a number to dial. Once it is picked, I think it should be dialed immediately.

Also, can there be an option to choose which phone numbers to show up on the first line when choosing multiple numbers to display?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    I like the public beta too .. but when i have a photocontact with only 1 number, i can't seems to use "M" key to send him a SMS.

I'm on Treo 680
    My mistake, the 'M' key does work. I was pressing 'M' key while at the confirm dial screen, not on the main-screen. For contacts having more then 1 number, you have to go to the dial screen to press "M" to send SMS. Got confused here..

One suggestion: Option to use other calendar program. I am using Agendus and I believe many others use datebk or agendus. Clicking on the upcoming event goes to the default calendar program.
    It would be better to remove the few seconds delay when choosing a number to dial. Once it is picked, I think it should be dialed immediately.
    I think there is an option for that under Settings-->General
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  13.    #33  
    ?
    This feature is available in Settings>General and then uncheck "Show Calling Screen before making the call"

Note to all:
    All feature requests have been noted but i can't respond to them all here. If you want to officially submit a feaure request, report a but or annoyance, you can do so there
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm

Thanks
    submitted thanks.
    Gorgeous! Lovin' it on my 680 with the default yellow flower pic as the background.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Sent my money in, I am lovin this app.
    I think that the photos can be highlighted better. Perhaps have the other photos blurred a bit and the one highlighted is clear and have a noticeable white border around it.

When sending an sms, it should be smart enough to choose the mobile phone number.
    May be the highlighted photo can be say 15% bigger (zoomed) then the rest? much like the Mac OSX interface?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emkay View Post
    May be the highlighted photo can be say 15% bigger (zoomed) then the rest? much like the Mac OSX interface?
    Ooooh .. that would be a very nice effect!
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Does anyone know if you can still use speed dial that you set up before installing this app? I cant find an option to do this. I don't have pics for all my contacts so I still need to be able to use my speed dials
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can still use speed dial that you set up before installing this app? I cant find an option to do this. I don't have pics for all my contacts so I still need to be able to use my speed dials
    Am assuming you have set up in favorites some speed dial numbers.
    We tried supporting this, but Palm does not seem to provide the API(Access) to this. If you don't have pics you can use any of the availalbe people icons that come with DialByPhoto. Hope this helps
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast