Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    I would like to offer a big congrats on being download of the week on that other forum, you deserve it.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I like the update. I like the rotation of the images. I'll buy it soon to get the discount plus the memo version is nice too.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    On the latest build 1.082 using the Top 5 view:

When I tap my first contact's pic, it opens the add new photo contact preferences, instead of showing the contact's phone numbers. Also, why doesn't my first contact default as the first photo contact on my Top 5 view. I had to choose other views to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post

When I tap my first contact's pic, it opens the add new photo contact preferences, instead of showing the contact's phone numbers. Also, why doesn't my first contact default as the first photo contact on my Top 5 view. I had to choose other views to make it work.
    I can confirm this behavior.
    whne i click on my first picture default it opens the contact lookup (treo 700p default) (phonebook)), if i hit cancel it then goes into setting menu, (photo speed dial contacts menu)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    whne i click on my first picture default it opens the contact lookup (treo 700p default) (phonebook)), if i hit cancel it then goes into setting menu, (photo speed dial contacts menu)
    I'm having the same issue.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    A few issues I still have

- the white screen esp after a reset as it loads..can take up to 10 secs on initial loading...hope they'll improve that.

also - when you set it to go back to the DBP screen from the treo phone app after a call it even overrides the phone app menu where you add new numbers...I'll get a new number and while trying to add it it switches back - no option to delay the switch back until you finish with the phone app possible? I know I can disable the "comeback to DBP after call" option but it'd be great if there was an in between option!

Otherwise it's great!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post

When I tap my first contact's pic, it opens the add new photo contact preferences, instead of showing the contact's phone numbers.
    Yes I can confirm too... Pretty much unusable at this point...
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    I have a problem but I'm not sure if it's Dialbyphoto. Sometimes (rarely) I'm going to make a call and hit send on the picture I want to dial but then the phone reboots itself. Anybody else getting this?
    bug report

sprint/650

on the newest buid(top5) the web search function no longer works
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by enilm View Post
    I have a problem but I'm not sure if it's Dialbyphoto. Sometimes (rarely) I'm going to make a call and hit send on the picture I want to dial but then the phone reboots itself. Anybody else getting this?
    I have noticed this a couple of times. It never happened before DBP, so I assume it's related. The occurrences are very infrequent, though.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I have noticed this a couple of times. It never happened before DBP, so I assume it's related. The occurrences are very infrequent, though.
    Yes it is infrequent but could be very annoying sometimes when you have to make a quick phone call in front of somebody. What do you say "oops, give me a minute, my $600 laptop has to reset." It's a little embarrassing, but I'm not complaining.
    A couple of things I noticed:

1. There's no way to add a new contact unless you use the default app. Is this by design?

2. I had another one but I forgot it just that fast
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    ya there are a few bugs with this new version, i hope they come out with a fix quick.. i havent seen any replies from them in a few days
    I have DialByPhoto build 1082 and the extra digits does not work. Is this being worked on. After I dial the number another button shows up [123], and then I have to press it to dial the extra digits. I rather it be able to dial automatically like it saids it would. Any feed back on if this is being worked on. Other than this I really like this program.
    The extra digits bug is a known issue. Please check Support on their website.
  17. sug
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow View Post
    Hmm... just tested v1.082. Maybe it's just me but I feel that reversing the order of the top5 photo contacts (so that the next contact appears to the right of centre; previous contact to the left) seems more intuitive. Also, I feel that contact #1 should always appear in the middle by default (instead of middle top-right).

So assuming there are N number of photo contacts, the ideal default/startup layout should be:-

N-1..........3..
    ...\........../...
    ....N...1...2....

Pressing 5-way right should move the top5 as thus:-

..N...........4..
    ...\........../...

Might wanna have an option to choose the order of rotation so that pressing 5-way right will instead (I can't decide which feels more intuitive):-

N-2...........2..
    ...\........../...
    ..N-1..N...1....

Just my suggestion :-)

First of all, thanks to the gx-5 team for DbP software, I love that you continue to add functionality and enhance both the looks and the functionality of my Treo. I like the concept of the TOP 5, and think that moving "the dividing line" to 12 o'clock" from the previous 10 o' clock is the right decision.

That being said, I struggled with the Top 5 screen and what made it seem so ODD to me... At first, I, like RudyChow, wasn't sure which direction felt more "intuitive", until I spent some time thinking about it.

After thinking it through, I believe that the changes proposed above by RudyChow should be made, and I no longer think it as a matter of opinion or preference, but something that needs to be made to maintain consistency between the various Start Screen views.

The Vertical Links, Horizontal and Horizontal 2 Links all are set up so that pressing RIGHT on the 5-way advances you to the next contact on the list (DOWN the list).

(RIGHT on 5-way)

(RIGHT on 5-way)

This is quite intuitive; pressing the button on the right of your "play" button in a cassette/cd/dvd/vcr player, all indicate moving forward, with the one on the left indicate moving backward. This is what all DialByPhoto users have been used to seeing since its first public Beta 2 months ago.

I understand the the Top 5 concept and why it is configured this way; the schematic with the arrows in tj8212's post #259 clearly shows the intent. This method is very similar to how T-Mobile's Fave 5 seems to work as well (see demo at link below).
    http://www.myfaves.com/what-is-myfaves.html

The problem is in the way that with the Top 5 view being configured this way, it behaves the exact OPPOSITE way that the other views do; pressing the same RIGHT on the 5-way advances you to the *previous* contact, (UP the list).

...\........../...

(RIGHT on 5-way)

..4...........N..
    ...\........../...

(RIGHT on 5-way)

..3.........N-1..
    ...\........../...
    ....2...1..N....

I'm sure the gx-5 development team will come up with a way to address this: as long as there is an option to make it so pressing RIGHT will do the same thing regardless of which view I am in, I'll be happy.

Now, if we can just figure out to start off the Top 5 view with the number 1 contact centered without having to show your bottom 2 (N, N-1) contacts at the same time, we'd be golden. Guess I'll leave that impossible brainteaser for somebody else to figure out.
    Last edited by sug; 02/25/2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    how do i get back to the home screen from the call log screen?
    I can't see a back button.
    Is there a way to have an alert icon in the home screen for missed calls?
    I know, I could see if I missed a call in the call log, but it's more convenient to have a notification popping up in the home screen.

Plus,
    I would also vote for Treo notes and tasks (followed by a TreoLauncher by gx5 :-)).
    TreoMemo is great!!!
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by tckober73 View Post
    how do i get back to the home screen from the call log screen?
    I can't see a back button.
    !
    Please press the backspace button on the qwerty. Thanks
  20.    #280  
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/dbp_9.jpg
    New build

-Shortcuts now official
    -Fixed call log duration accuracy

Download here
    Mac users Download Zip here