Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    BTW, TreoMemo has a new version out today (1.01).
  2.    #242  
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/dbp_1_1_alpha.jpg

1.1 alpha is now available. Whats new?

New view called top 5 ( focus centered )
    Recent Calls ( Last 20 )

Option to use phone button in DialByphoto to launch Call log or dialpad ( See settings> More Options )

Web support in Extended home screen

Conserve memory check box ( see settings> More Options )
    When checked, this saves an additional amount of memory from being
    used. This is approximately 500kb. Please note that when checked, anytime your Treo resets, DialByPhoto will go through itís initialization screen the first time it is launched.In short if you have you treo automatically set to reset at night and you have enough memory, you can uncheck this so that DialByPhoto won't reinitialize anytime you start it in the mornining

Download it here
    Installation: Just install it over the current one you are running

Report any issues here
    Very, very cool! Works perfectly for me - although the download is 1.08 - not the 1.1 you mention. Still, no problems for me and I love the Top 5 setup. I thought I had it tweaked so it was visually ideal for me, then this comes along!

Nice work - you guys are keeping me going with the Palm OS! This is exactly what it needs - a good looking interface. Sure there are other hardware things that would be ideal (wifi, etc) but this is what will sell. Hopefully Palm is doing something similar - or hiring you folks to re-do their interface

New ideas along this line: TreoIcon (ability to change stock icons with new updated ones). I do this with ZLauncher, but not everyone wants a full-on launcher. TreoNotes: What happened to Notepad? An updated GX-5 style Notepad would be great!

Now, just to be greedy, how about a free PTunes theme for people who have purchased both DialByPhoto and TreoMemo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Now, just to be greedy, how about a free PTunes theme for people who have purchased both DialByPhoto and TreoMemo?
    I'd be into that, not to be greedy either.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    BTW, TreoMemo has a new version out today (1.01).
    Any idea about what's new in Treo memo?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Any idea about what's new in Treo memo?
    1.01- 02/19/07 - Fix: Default Skin choice not being remembered on exit and restarting of TreoMemo (http://www.gx-5.com/products/treomem...onHistory.htm).
    Just a note: The updater from within DBP still thinks it is the latest version, so it doesn't do the 1.1 update.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Just a note: The updater from within DBP still thinks it is the latest version, so it doesn't do the 1.1 update.
    tj8212 said 1.1 was an alpha version, so that's probably why it doesn't update OTA. You had to get it directly from the link he provided above.
    So far so good on my end, no re-sets just working great!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it! Thank you so much, what a great way to have center image focused. Love that look, I was jealous with the cheap phones having that 5-way circle and love to see it on the palm now. Thank you so much for bringing this over! Palm needs to hire you all to put the new phone interface on their next treo (Palm os treo that is) Keep up the good work!
    I love the app.
    I am using the trial and all is going well except for one issue...

I have it set to start a search when I press keys. But most of the time I am only permitted to push one key and then the app seems to freeze. The backspace button will not take me back to the home screen, and no other buttons will register. I have to push the phone button to get back to the apps home screen.

The only other feature i would like is to have the ability to change the order of the numbers withing each individual contact.

Great app!
    The new 1.1 seems to work fine for me so far. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I can't get this to download on my mac . Just get a page of text . Does any one know a trick
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I'm still checking out all the settings. Though I see 1.1 is out. I can't wait to get home and download it!
    Last edited by simba; 02/21/2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Hmmm..still only get v1.08 from the website...
    One suggestion: Have the ability for the green phone button to toggle between call log and the home screen. Currently, you can set it to switch to the call log, but it doesn't switch back.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Any chance of introducing scrollbars in areas like the call log?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I've had this program for a day and I really like it. One thing I've noticed is that in the call log the data for the duration isn't always accurate. For example, for entries that are less than a minute, the duration doesn't appear at all. For entries over a minute, the duration will appear but for a call that is actually, say, 4 mins and 30 seconds, it will display 4 mins and 4 seconds. Or if the duration is 1 min and 25 seconds, it will display 1 min and 1 second. See what I mean?

The data that's in the native app is correct.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  19.    #259  
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/dbp_8.jpg
    New build
    -We change how top 5 rotates a bit thanks to one your comments( sorry for forgetting users name). The image above explains the new order
    -Expirimenting with shortcuts
    Option + D = DialPad Screen
    Option + C = Contacts
    Option + W = Web

Download here
    Mac users Download Zip here

On accuray of call log duration. We are investigating this. However, my gut tells me it is how carriers round up or down the minutes
    Hmm... just tested v1.082. Maybe it's just me but I feel that reversing the order of the top5 photo contacts (so that the next contact appears to the right of centre; previous contact to the left) seems more intuitive. Also, I feel that contact #1 should always appear in the middle by default (instead of middle top-right).

So assuming there are N number of photo contacts, the ideal default/startup layout should be:-

N-1..........3..
    ...\........../...
    ....N...1...2....

Pressing 5-way right should move the top5 as thus:-

..N...........4..
    ...\........../...

Might wanna have an option to choose the order of rotation so that pressing 5-way right will instead (I can't decide which feels more intuitive):-

N-2...........2..
    ...\........../...
    ..N-1..N...1....

Just my suggestion :-)
    Last edited by rudychow; 02/23/2007 at 05:15 AM.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)