Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I had tried with the system font as well with the same results - resets. But, perhaps the font is corrupt and a reinstall will help. Thx!
  2.    #222  
    Thank you all for your feedback and emails. We have tried to include as many request as possible for the 1.0 release. All those we may have missed will be worked on and if feasibile included in upcoming builds just as we have been doing with the beta.

by feasible, i mean if the Palm OS will let us do it.

Also, while i may not respond directly to post or emails due to the large amount of emails we have to deal with, you can be assured it is logged and will be considered as soon as we have time. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoEsquire View Post
    I like this program. I am using the 680. One question. Is anyone having battery issues since downloading dialbyphoto? When charging my 680 overnight, I would usually wake up to about 97% charge. Since downloading this app, I am waking up to 88% battery life. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, is there any way to change the dialbyphoto default email app? When I try to send an email from dialbyphoto is opens Cingular express mail, which I do not use. I would like it to use my work or gmail account.
    I don't have the battery issue, and you can change the default email app in the Prefs app, under "Default Apps".

EDIT, screenie:
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6...c8ffwh0.th.jpg
    Last edited by +Kardboard+; 02/09/2007 at 12:48 AM.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Thank you all for your feedback and emails. We have tried to include as many request as possible for the 1.0 release. All those we may have missed will be worked on and if feasibile included in upcoming builds just as we have been doing with the beta.

by feasible, i mean if the Palm OS will let us do it.

Also, while i may not respond directly to post or emails due to the large amount of emails we have to deal with, you can be assured it is logged and will be considered as soon as we have time. Thanks
    I was wondering if you can give us an update as to some of the features you are considering or working on at the moment for later releases.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
    I use LudusP to assign DialByPhoto to the green phone button on my 700p.
    This allows me to use a button launcher to assign a number of programs to the phone button.

When I attempt to use the green button from within DialByPhoto, LudusP overrides and DialByPhoto is relaunched.
    Is there a way to have DialByPhoto override LudusP so that the green button will perform the function selected in DialByPhoto?

I am hoping that a future release may allow the green button to redial or bring up the call log.

If it is not possible to override LudusP, I hope that a future call log/redial function can be linked to another button or to a press and hold.

Thanks again for a great program and for listening to all of our comments and requests.

Jeff
    What I did was I went into Ludas P and added Dial By Photo into the list of exclusions (excluded apps.). That way, when I'm in Dial by Photo, the green and red keys (and other keys) work in their "default" way. Hope that helps.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I would really like the bluetooth connectivity icon added to the top right, like the way the signal and battery indicator is displayed. Basically this would be the same functionality as in the default Treo 700P phone app. It lights up blue when turned on and the icon changes when you have your bluetooth headset on and paired. I know if you tap the battery you get a display that includes this, but it would be nice to have the bluetooth icon right there on the screen.

Second, is there a way to purge the call log from within dial by photo? (I couldn't find a way) I'm one of those obsessive types who likes to clear this out with some frequency and I'd rather not have to go into the default phone app. to do it. In fact, I'm thinking of moving the default phone app. to a hidden folder so it wouldn't be all that convenient to go unhide it, clear the call log, exit, and re-hide it again.

Just a thought.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Anybody want to share icons/pics they're using in this? I find the photos very small and not very sharp. Bright, crisp icons would be funner - but the DialbyPhoto library is pretty limited. Anybody figure out a way to expand this?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    What I did was I went into Ludas P and added Dial By Photo into the list of exclusions (excluded apps.). That way, when I'm in Dial by Photo, the green and red keys (and other keys) work in their "default" way. Hope that helps.

Clever idea

Thanks.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I'm lovin that google search from the dial pad screen.
    It seems that DBP is randomly turning my phone radio off. I've only started encountering this problem since I installed DBP. Anyone else have this problem?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    my radio doesnt turn on and off with dial by photo... the only thing i recently realized with one of the newer updates that it says dialbyphoto initializing when i hit the phone button which is mapped to dial by photo, then if i go back to it 5 minutes later its ok, loads up quick, but after like a hour, if i try and go back to dial by photo i get the initializing message again...why is this happening, takes so long to load up if i dont access the program every so often, treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    It seems that DBP is randomly turning my phone radio off. I've only started encountering this problem since I installed DBP. Anyone else have this problem?
    FWIW I have not noticed this problem and I've been running DBP since around mid-January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    It could be a problem with your sim card. Take it out and clean it and see if that helps. Or get a new one.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    my radio doesnt turn on and off with dial by photo... the only thing i recently realized with one of the newer updates that it says dialbyphoto initializing when i hit the phone button which is mapped to dial by photo, then if i go back to it 5 minutes later its ok, loads up quick, but after like a hour, if i try and go back to dial by photo i get the initializing message again...why is this happening, takes so long to load up if i dont access the program every so often, treo 700p
    I noticed this on my Treo 650, also. I think it initializes every time I start it after a reset. Since I have my Treo to reset every night, it is kind of annoying for this to happen every day.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  15.    #235  
    Hi all,
    we have been paying attention to this forum and will be doing our best to address issues and feature requests in upcoming updates. Like I said earlier it is difficult to respond to everyone. If you officially want to report an issue or feature request
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm

Here is a quick update on some issues

Bluetooth icon: Very tricky to do because of Palm's implementation, but we will keep trying. For now, just tap the battery icon region and it will pop up a dialog with the bluetooth status

Picture larger - unfortunately can't do it for many reason, one being it will just take up more memory

Initialization - anytime your treo resets, the first time you launch DialByPhoto it will go through the initialization screen, we are doing this because it conserves more memory
    Has there been any more discussion on the possibility of keeping the highlighted image centered? I've been looking forward to this in every update...
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    Has there been any more discussion on the possibility of keeping the highlighted image centered? I've been looking forward to this in every update...
    Agreed.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    Based on the way things are set up currently, that is a bit tricky and will need a good amount of restructuring. We are still considering it for a future update.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    Based on the way things are set up currently, that is a bit tricky and will need a good amount of restructuring. We are still considering it for a future update.
    Thanks, tj8212.
    <br>
    Awesome program. Recommending it to everyone I know who has a Treo. One bug. For those of us that use 'accents' like the (spanish 'n') - these don't come out in the phone log feature. Minor thing.

Keep up the good work. Because of this program I also bought another of yours ( Treo Memo)