Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Even with .9884, my green button still sends me to the default phone app. Any idea why?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    mine doesnt
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I've had DialByPhoto installed for a couple days, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. One criticism that I have at this point, though, is the app's behavior when selecting a contact's photo/icon from the main screen. If the contact selected has >1 phone number enabled within DBP, then a secondary screen is loaded, where you are given the list of numbers for that contact to choose from. If the contact has a single number, though, it immediately dials the number. Has it always worked this way? I installed the latest version last night, so there may have been a change introduced. But I thought I remembered it always bringing up the secondary screen, even if the contact has a single number. (and it could be that my memory is failing me here)

In any case, my personal preference would be to always bring up the secondary screen, even when the contact has a single number. (I just called a friend accidentally, when I wasn't expecting it to dial yet) But my expectation is that there would be a number of people who just want it to dial immediately. Adding a configuration option, allowing you to choose whether you want it to dial immediately when the contact only has a single number, would be a great addition. (in my opinion, anyway)
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Nice app. I finally installed it yesterday. Looks so nice that I'm going to need to look for a new zLauncher theme if I decide to keep it.

For me to pay for it though I'd require 1 additional feature:

(1) a single hard key to cycle between my categories.
    - I was thinking of the "up" key in "horizontal links" when the contacts picture is highlighted. It doesn't seem to have any use now & would be the most convenient I would imagine.

Other improvements that I'd really like to see, but aren't deal breakers:

(2) Pressing the green phone button from within the app would return to the "start screen"
    (3) Pressing the green phone button in the "start screen" would bring up the list of last dialled numbers similar to the default phone app (see post #190)
    (4) Shadows behind lettering inside of call log
    (5) Changing text color should also change the color of the signal meter
    (6) Spacebar when contact is selected gives additional numbers of that contact (same as default phone app)

Overall I'm very impressed. I am VERY impressed with the price - this is how Palm apps should be priced. Keep up the good work. I hope to be a customer soon.

* Pressing the "phone" button still takes me to the standard phone app (0.9984 on a 650), but I am confident that this will be fixed in later releases. I only want to see the default phone app screen if I navigate there myself.
    Last edited by fly888; 01/31/2007 at 12:06 PM.
  5.    #205  
    Whats new
    Option to disable Green Button for use as call button( See More Options )

Download at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyphoto/download.htm
    I have to agree, ever since .994 update the phone button takes me to original phone app, 2nd press takes me to dial by photo. I have the option checked off and its still not workin >.<
    perhaps the green button works for me because i'm on a 700p?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Yea, it appears it only works on the 680 and 700p. 650 users, like myself, are apparently SOL at this point...
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I have to agree, ever since .994 update the phone button takes me to original phone app, 2nd press takes me to dial by photo. I have the option checked off and its still not workin >.<
    Sorry for the confusion, the green button we are referring to is the the one on the 680 and 700p

Now as for the phone button itself( which is green on the 650), we will be working on giving you options for that in future updates
    Sounds great! Still a great app, the people at Palm could learn from you guys, make great apps that works AND looks great as well Thanks for this great phone app!
    Uninstalled YourCall, uninstalled DialByPhoto and did a clean install of 0.9986...and I still get a white screen when ever I try to call or get a call with DialByPhoto enabled. *sigh*, this is not fun, and I paid for this already! -_-;;;
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    dangit...my license just ran out...I can't give suggestions...
    Would it be possible to have DBP recognize DateBk6? I don't really need to see appointments or anything, I wold just like DateBk6 to come up in place of the default calendar application.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I use LudusP to assign DialByPhoto to the green phone button on my 700p.
    This allows me to use a button launcher to assign a number of programs to the phone button.

When I attempt to use the green button from within DialByPhoto, LudusP overrides and DialByPhoto is relaunched.
    Is there a way to have DialByPhoto override LudusP so that the green button will perform the function selected in DialByPhoto?

I am hoping that a future release may allow the green button to redial or bring up the call log.

If it is not possible to override LudusP, I hope that a future call log/redial function can be linked to another button or to a press and hold.

Thanks again for a great program and for listening to all of our comments and requests.

Jeff
    Just a request:

When everyone is posting the problems they are having, the solutions they have found, or the features they want added, could you please state what Treo version you are using as there are differences with the 650, 680, 700 etc. Will help me (and I am sure the developers) keep track of what is what.

Thanks
    Did a hard reset, reinstalled everything BUT skinUI, and I have no problems at all with DialByPhoto! Everything is working perfectly now. Seems to be an issue with skinUI and Phone 3.0 on the 680.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Any way to make your phone app background the background on everything?..That would be the ultimate. I hate the boring options that Palm has. I rather have pictures as my screen background.

IGO
    Anyone else have reset problems with DialByPhoto when FontSmoother is active?

Latest versions of both with Sprint 650. TIA!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I like this program. I am using the 680. One question. Is anyone having battery issues since downloading dialbyphoto? When charging my 680 overnight, I would usually wake up to about 97% charge. Since downloading this app, I am waking up to 88% battery life. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, is there any way to change the dialbyphoto default email app? When I try to send an email from dialbyphoto is opens Cingular express mail, which I do not use. I would like it to use my work or gmail account.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0yk View Post
    Anyone else have reset problems with DialByPhoto when FontSmoother is active?

Latest versions of both with Sprint 650. TIA!
    i use fontsmoother with dialbyphoto with no issues, try picking another font, maybe that font u are using is causing a conflict