Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    What is the fastest way to redial?
    The only way I can see is to navigate to call log and select the last entry.

Is there an easier way that I am overlooking?

If not, I suggest a press and hold; perhaps "2" since 1 is voicemail.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I recently installed the latest version of this program v0.9983. The GREEN battery indicator shows half full but when I click on the battery indicator, the phone status shows the battery is 73%. If I then switch back to the original phone application, the BLUE battery indicator looks appropriate, approximately 2/3 full.

does this program need a battery fix similar to the one supplied by Palm?

thanks in advance.
    History of devices: Palm III-->Sony Clie T665c-->Palm E2-->Palm TX-->
    Current device Treo 680, since 01/01/07, T-MOBILE.

Loving my PDA + medical software & phone all-in-one! Have wanted a Treo smartphone since Handspring's 1st model, Treo 90, many years ago. <P>
    <BR>Love this show<P>
  3.    #183  
    no,there is no battery fix needed. It is just how we chose to display our battery level graphic based on the actual battery level number. I will disucss this with the devlopers to look into this
    Last edited by tj8212; 01/28/2007 at 06:00 PM.
    tj, please help me. When I download updates through the program itself, after I download the new .prc, it tells me to open it through "Documents*" What is that? I cannot find the new .prc. Thank you for any help with this matter.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I'm always updating via app, no problems here. It doesn't sound as an DialByPhoto problem....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    great prog so far guys..a big thumbs up!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I'm always updating via app, no problems here. It doesn't sound as an DialByPhoto problem....
    where does your new .prc get stored?
    Developer of:

8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    tj, please help me. When I download updates through the program itself, after I download the new .prc, it tells me to open it through "Documents*" What is that? I cannot find the new .prc. Thank you for any help with this matter.
    please copy and past this in the form at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyp...eportissue.htm

We need the additional information you provide on the form to help us better resolve this. Thanks
    My prc is saved on RAM, have you tried a clean uninstall of the program, then a re-set? Then try to re-install...

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I agree that a redial feature should be included. Perhaps consider using the phone button when in DialByPhoto. The phone button when pressed in DialByPhoto will open a pop-up list that shows the last few numbers dialed.

This will be a very useful feature.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I agree that a redial feature should be included. Perhaps consider using the phone button when in DialByPhoto. The phone button when pressed in DialByPhoto will open a pop-up list that shows the last few numbers dialed.

Or, we can just use the under-utilized "green button" to pull up the call log just like if we were in the standard phone application. I think that would be smooth.

This app, in my opinion, is probably one of the most innovative pieces of software to hit the Palm OS in a long time. TJ and the rest of his teammates at gx-5 keep making hit after hit. If there is anyone who has still not tried this product, please, for your sake, stop wasting precious time and make it happen!
    I agree with qb11g

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post

I know this isnt for everyone, but if you have TakePhone, and have it set so that holding down the green button redials, that feature works from the DBP screen as well.

I love DBP, but have only about a half dozen contacts that I care to have photo dial for, so I have kept TakePhone since it is easier (for me anyway) to dial from keypad and search for contacts. Setup I have works great for me. Push the green button and DBP comes up with the 6-7 people I call the most. Press button again and TakePhone comes up for more "serious" dialing.
  14.    #194  
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/rbush2.jpg
    Whats New:
    Enhancement: If in power save mode and you press the phone button, it will now stay in DialByPhoto instead of going to the default phone app
    Enhancement: Green button can now be used to dial the number of the photo contact or number in focus
    Enhancement: Adding a new photo contact now adds it to the end of the list
    Download at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyphoto/download.htm
    Nice!
    Developer of:

I don't know if this question has been asked, and I am frankly too lazy to search this thread for it.

In future versions, will there be an option to turn off the "Dial by Photo" box? I really like this application, but I am not big on having a box when I turn on my screen full of people and such. I'd rather just dial my friends up by use of contacts.

Thanks.
    In the call log, I am not able to see the Duration of calls when the type of call is incoming. I can see the Duration of calls fine when it is an Outgoing call. Is this a known issue/bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/rbush2.jpg
    Whats New:
    Enhancement: If in power save mode and you press the phone button, it will now stay in DialByPhoto instead of going to the default phone app
    Enhancement: Green button can now be used to dial the number of the photo contact or number in focus
    Enhancement: Adding a new photo contact now adds it to the end of the list
    Download at
    http://www.gx-5.com/products/dialbyphoto/download.htm
    is there anyway to make this an option rather then making it a standard, green talk button to dial the photo that is focused on?

i use the green button to launch another program....

in my case i would rather the phone button dial the number for the picture that i am focused on... can u have options on what buttons do what when dial by photo is running....?

is there also a way to pick another browser in dialbyphoto, it pics blazer by default when i have xiino as my default browser...
    I would also like to see a "quick launch" feature on the main screen... something like the regular phone app has.

That would be tight.
  20. sug
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    is there anyway to make this an option rather then making it a standard, green talk button to dial the photo that is focused on?

i use the green button to launch another program....

in my case i would rather the phone button dial the number for the picture that i am focused on... can u have options on what buttons do what when dial by photo is running....?
    I don't know how many others out there also utilize the green button to launch apps (courtesy of Butler, in my case). After downloading the most recent beta 0.9984, I pushed the green button in an attempt to launch my app, and accidentally started dialing someone...

I can still launch using the green button as long as contact is NOT highlighted, but hopefully the green button usage can be set as an option.

BTW, I've posted this request on the gx-5 site.

Hope y'all are enjoying the software as much as I am.