Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought a 680 for my international travel use...sprint user domestically.

Two thumbs up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    So you guys think most people are happy with the device? I might be able to get both a 680 and a Blackjack as a trade for a 6915 but I am not sure I want to do it...plus, the guy didn't show up to do it. I really like the 6915 and if you can get over the low screen resolution it really works quite well for every single thing it should do.

I guess I am choosing between a Blackberry 8700g, Treo 680, Blackjack, or holding onto the 6915 for a little longer. I might just keep the BB no matter what but I am nervous about the 680.
    Dont get me wrong the 8700 is a nice device and the BlackJack has battery issues too. But if your looking for a device thats has just more functionalty. The treo 680 is the one.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    So you guys think most people are happy with the device? I might be able to get both a 680 and a Blackjack as a trade for a 6915 but I am not sure I want to do it...plus, the guy didn't show up to do it. I really like the 6915 and if you can get over the low screen resolution it really works quite well for every single thing it should do.

I guess I am choosing between a Blackberry 8700g, Treo 680, Blackjack, or holding onto the 6915 for a little longer. I might just keep the BB no matter what but I am nervous about the 680.
    I also have the 6915 and I'm also thinking about switching to the 680 although I swore I'd never buy a Palm without Wifi. But my productivity is so much lower with WM5 that I have no choice to go back. Some posts about the 680 are worrying though.

Having said that, I'd trade my 6915 for a 680+Blackjack in a heartbeat.
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty View Post
    I also have the 6915 and I'm also thinking about switching to the 680 although I swore I'd never buy a Palm without Wifi. But my productivity is so much lower with WM5 that I have no choice to go back. Some posts about the 680 are worrying though.

Having said that, I'd trade my 6915 for a 680+Blackjack in a heartbeat.

I ended up trading my 6915 for both a new Treo 680 and a new Cingular Blackjack. I am enjoying the 680 and even wrote a small review of it while I was on the plane. Of course, I'll be revising it as I use it a little more, but I will post it either here or on Howardforums.

I am not sure that I like the Blackjack. It is probably going to be sold pretty quickly. I am likely to keep the Treo for a while unless a WM5 device is offered that I want to take back as my main phone. I do miss push email and Voice Command so that may make my decision for me...we'll see. I will also need to buy a GPS unit of some type since my new car doesn't have the nav. system...the damned i-drive is getting forced into anything with a screen now so I have to go my own way.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Great. I'll be looking forward to that review, as a fellow 6915 owner. Hopefully it will provide me with enough info to make up my mind.
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
    Sorry I can't agree. I'm on my second TREO 680 and tomorrow it's going back. Loose IR cover, spoonge keys on the key board, poor quality SD cover, sunken in power button, low volume speaker. That is only the hardware side of 2 new phones, I won't go into the software side of this. These are issues that should have been addressed during testing of the device. Yes other devices have issues, but this phone is a disaster. Wait till 6 months down the road all these phones will be going back to Palm with all types of problems. Oh and another year for a firware update, take a lesson from the 700p. How many forums and active groups needed to write to Palm before they issued a letter stating "yes we are working on it" but no solution in sight. Don't get me wrong I don't hate Palm or their products, the 750 looks promising and most likely will be my next phone. I just feel like a dope for putting 4 bills down for a phone that is at best last years technology, produced by a start up tech company. I can't for the life of me understand why HTC did not get the contract to produce this phone. The 680 compared to the 750 hardwarewise is night and day.
    i'm on my second 680 as i type but most importantly would be the number of views of each troublesome thread on this website (680 specific).

sad but hoping for a better outcome this go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by petesonline View Post
    The 680 compared to the 750 hardwarewise is night and day.

and from what i have read is possibly no better.
    I can't stand the WM5 OS......750 isn't all that.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12