1.    #1  
    I just bought a Globalstat BT-359 GPS receiver from the Cingular web site for $99 with free shipping. This looks like a very good deal. TC and elsewhere are selling the same item for $150+

I am planning to pair this device with Telenav, but have not bought that service yet. I am hoping that at some point Googlemaps has support for GPS receivers so that I can drop any subscription service.

TT6 was another consideration, but the memory footprint looks bigger than Telenav. Plus if Telenav does not meet my expectations I can just cancel the subscription.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/18/2006 at 08:46 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    I got my BT-359 GPS receiver today. It is a very nice package.

Does anyone know what iGO powertip will work with it? Since the BT-359 accepts a standard male mini-USB connector I would think finding an iGO tip would be easy. I did find the A32 tip for Razr phones which is a mini-USB, but am not sure if there are other issues besides the connector size.
  3.    #3  
    I found this info.

The BT-359 has a DC Power Input 4.5V~5.5V / 0.5A

The iGO tips have the following specs.
    A29 is 5.0V at .6 Amps
    A32 is 5.0V at .9 Amps

A29 looks like a good match, but the A32 would charge the unit faster.
    Personally, I'd rather purchase a GPS software, rather than paying monthly. How much is Telenav a month? I'm sure over time, it would be cheaper to buy a program outright than paying 10 dollars (that's my estimate) a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I just bought a Globalstat BT-359 GPS receiver from the Cingular web site for $99 with free shipping. This looks like a very good deal. TC and elsewhere are selling the same item for $150+

I am planning to pair this device with Telenav, but have not bought that service yet. I am hoping that at some point Googlemaps has support for GPS receivers so that I can drop any subscription service.

TT6 was another consideration, but the memory footprint looks bigger than Telenav. Plus if Telenav does not meet my expectations I can just cancel the subscription.
    The BT-359 is $99 on Telenavs website all day everyday. Just FYI.
  6.    #6  
    I am paying $10 per month for Telenav. I realize after 15 months I could have bought TT6. For now, since the Telenav charge it appears on my Cingular phone bill it is easier to expense it.

Its like leasing vs. buying a car.