Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been searching the internet on ways to improve the camera on the Treo 700P but found no answers.

The Treo 700P takes good outdoor pictures if you have a lot of out door light. But it takes lousy indoor pictures with a lot of light in the evening time. I need help with this question.

Has everybody given up hope that the camera will ever be improved with an update. Since Palm did not consider this a pressing issue.
    There is a program I forget the name of it bright click or something like that thathelps the camera
    Brightcam is the name I think it's freeware
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    Brightcam is the name I think it's freeware
    The name is misleading, but BrightCam adjusts the Screen brightness by sensing the ambient light. It has nothing to do with taking pictures. Unfortunately, there is not going to be a software solution for a hardware problem.
    Well can you swap out camers using soder, I saw something like that posted for the 650. They were demonstrating how to remove camera completely from the phone. Some guy couldn't have a camera phone at his work.
    Gone Tokin, gurgle gurgle...

JediChuckw/Treo

Going for my Treo 700p and icon thingy!!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JediChuckw/Treo View Post
    Well can you swap out camers using soder, I saw something like that posted for the 650. They were demonstrating how to remove camera completely from the phone. Some guy couldn't have a camera phone at his work.
    Ya, I was wondering this myself. I would swap out the camera in a heartbeat if there was a replacement camera. There was some talk somewhere about who actually made the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if they now have a better camera with that foot print. Would be a matter of software to use it.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    I will post my results when I receive it in the mail. I will take pictures with & without Phlash and share them with everybody. Good luck everybody with dealing with your Treo 700P. It was nice timing that Palm replied to the letter during the peak of the Christmas shopping frenzy. Thank you for everybody's helpful comments.
    I've taken my camera off before on my 650 and 700. They look somewhat I identical but there were more pins on the 700 that 650. Hopefully that wouldnt be the case if there was a new camera out. Then it would probably work. I would much rather have the 650 camera since it is great with low light environment, but 650 to 700 or vice versa will not work.
    Palm released lousy cameras on BOTH the 600 and the 650 (and later eventually released firmware that improved them to work O.K.). Their THIRD attempt on the 700 is crappier than ever - and here we are over 6 months down the road without any sort of official fix.

I mean, c'mon! Didn't they do any comparing or testing of this camera before building it into the production models? Why is it that they couldn't just keep using the 650 camera - at least they had that one working. The "higher megapixel" game is pointless if it's better resolution of an image that's miserably dark and unviewable.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    buy the Nokia N95 when it comes out. 5MP camera built in. I'd love to have that feature over the 1.3 one. I remember going on a trip, not having a camera, but I had my Treo. Took pics, but 1.3MP just doesn't do it. It was decent, but with a 5MP you'd never need to carry around a camera as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Palm released lousy cameras on BOTH the 600 and the 650 (and later eventually released firmware that improved them to work O.K.). Their THIRD attempt on the 700 is crappier than ever - and here we are over 6 months down the road without any sort of official fix.

I mean, c'mon! Didn't they do any comparing or testing of this camera before building it into the production models? Why is it that they couldn't just keep using the 650 camera - at least they had that one working. The "higher megapixel" game is pointless if it's better resolution of an image that's miserably dark and unviewable.
    I find the camera on the 700p much better than the 650. Of course, it still leaves much to be desired, although some of the darker pictures can be improved quite a bit by changing the levels or shaddow/highlight in photoshop.

I doubt you could change the hardware, but there are SDIO cameras. Of course, with such small internal memory that's not much of an option, as you give up the SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    buy the Nokia N95 when it comes out. 5MP camera built in. I'd love to have that feature over the 1.3 one. I remember going on a trip, not having a camera, but I had my Treo. Took pics, but 1.3MP just doesn't do it. It was decent, but with a 5MP you'd never need to carry around a camera as well.
    I don't care how many megapixels they ever jam into a phone, it's still going to suck compared to a real camera. You have the digital equivalent to a pin hole camera. No lens, no focus, files compressed into mush. 5MP will give you a larger, crappy picture...
    Last edited by sideman7; 12/23/2006 at 07:57 PM.
    You clearly have not seen the N95. Its more camera than phone!

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
    I have been searching the internet on ways to improve the camera on the Treo 700P but found no answers.
    Velcro one of these

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11774

or these

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1264

to the back of the phone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzz0 View Post
    I find the camera on the 700p much better than the 650.
    My 650 camera was usable in a pinch - and the pics were actually fairly good. My 700p's camera is simply unusable in anything but very bright light - I basically see only complete black indoors.

It's 2006and it seems Palm hasn't progressed much further than that Kodak PalmPix snap-on gizmo we used to attach to the Palm3 serial port back about 7 years ago. (I seem to remember that camera was even better - the problem was storage).

Surely they can find a cheap-o pinhole camera that can get an image in 100w incandescents nowadays. They had one on the 650...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Personally I feel that the 700p was the first Treo with a worthy camera. Granted I miss the low light sensitivty of the 650's but I've gotten 4x6 worthy shots on only the 700p's. The low light sensitivity isn't that bad - only in 650 comparativity but much better than the 600's. That was truly an outdoor only camera.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I find that it's better than the eyemodule I was using with my Prism in 2001.
  19.    #19  
    I promised I would post my results from Phlash Photo but, the problem is I order their product on 12/19/2006 & have not heard from them yet. I am wonder if they are crooks or are they swamped with Christmas orders. Either case I can't post my results until they send me my Phlash Photo devise. Their communication with their customers is really poor I sent them an e-mail on 12/23/2006 & I have not heard from them since the only e-mail I received told me that my order was pending. If some of you guys/gals have ordered this product from them how long does it usually take to arrive to your house? I hope I did not ripped off.
    Last edited by jamice4u; 01/01/2007 at 04:15 PM.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post

Why don't they ever test their products? Or maybe they do but they figure we would we will but up with their crap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast