1.    #1  
    Does the treo 700p work without a battery? (AC adapter only?) Thanks
    Yes. Just make sure you plug in before removing battery otherwise you will get a reset and possibly the 'Battery Almost Dead' dialog screen.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Note that if you insert a battery while the Treo is plugged in, it'll reset on you!! :/

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Note that if you insert a battery while the Treo is plugged in, it'll reset on you!! :/
    Really? I tried that this morning while responding to the OP and it did not reset.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Hmmm...

Removing battery with power plugged in resulted in my 700p bringing up the "powering off" screen. I put the battery back in and everything was back to normal without a reset. Same on my 650.

Perhaps what caused it to reset was a crash rather than a reset the one time it happened to me (before now)...I didn't check the ##ERR# status at that time.

##### EDIT: ####

I went into Blazer just after doing this and it asked me if I'd like to turn the phone on (transmitter) - and of course I clicked "YES" - then it reset on me....all this after having removed and re-inserted the battery. So I guess it can cause problems! BTW - ##ERR# shows: "A reset was caused while running 'Bluetooth': Fatal Exception" -- Go figure.
    Last edited by HandyDJs.com; 12/20/2006 at 12:54 PM.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  6.    #6  
    I get the "shutdown in 30 seconds" message. is there any way to stop is from shutdown?? (Using Telus 700p) Thanks