1.    #1  
    I use Backup Man to b/u my treo. Which files are the ones that contain my addressbook and contact data? I want to do a hard reset and restore those files only, but can't do it from PC as I upgraded to Office 2007 and my data is in the new pst format so I get the msg that it's incompatable.
    Also, it's just good info to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnbcad View Post
    I use Backup Man to b/u my treo. Which files are the ones that contain my addressbook and contact data? I want to do a hard reset and restore those files only, but can't do it from PC as I upgraded to Office 2007 and my data is in the new pst format so I get the msg that it's incompatable.

Anything that starts with contact. I believe those should also restore addresses.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnbcad View Post
    Using my Treo650, and the BackupMan Restore Individual Files option, the main Contacts information appears to be contained in the file that is named

ContactsDB-PAdd

(NB: the .pdb suffix doesnt show up in BUM's list)

I checked this by:

1. Backing up the RAM via BackupMan
    2. Editing one of my contacts
    3. Restoring just the ContactsDB-PAdd file : this brought the revised contact back to the pre-edited form.

I also believe the file:

ContactsBDIndex-PAdd.pdb

might contain potentially useful information (something to do with birthdays, but it is not the info in Contact's birthday-field).

There is a third file that also looks potentially important:

ContactsSIMDB-PAdd.pdb

which I'm guessing probably contains SIM card contact info and wouldnt hurt to backup

Im not sure why you imply that the "addressBook and contact data" should be in separate files, but anyway, the Calendar, Memos and Todos info are backed up to:

CalendarDB-PDat.pdb
    MemosDB-PMem.pdb
    TasksDB-PTod.pdb

Good luck
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Im not sure why you imply that the "addressBook and contact data" should be in separate files,
    Good luck
    I wasn't trying to imply anything, I simply typed contact when I meant calendar.
    Thanks for info. The reason I was having problems seems to have to do w/ Backup Man. I had tried all the obvious files, incl. the correct ones with no luck. After checking their site, I tried turning phone off and restoring; success!