1.    #1  
    What is the code?
    "Baby fish mouth."
  3.    #3  
    ?

Are they all the same or is it specific to the phone?
    "Be sure to drink more ovaltine"

They are specific to each phone, based on the IMEI number.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I am not sure if they are specific to the phone, but there are more than one unlock code. If you wanted a unlocked phone, you should have bought it directly from palm.
    They are specific to the phone's IMEI number. You can usually get the unlock code from your carrier for no charge, though you may have to have been a customer for a certain number of days.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I bough my Cingular branded Treo 680 from a Cingular store 2 weeks ago. Last week I called customer service and told them I am going away next week and I would be needing the unlock code. Three days later, the code was waiting for me in my Email inbox. No point wasting $200 on the unbranded phone if you use Cingular. As long as your account is in good standing they will have no problem unlocking your phone for you. I had no questions asked when I called customer service which was a pleasant surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84 View Post
    I bough my Cingular branded Treo 680 from a Cingular store 2 weeks ago. Last week I called customer service and told them I am going away next week and I would be needing the unlock code. Three days later, the code was waiting for me in my Email inbox. No point wasting $200 on the unbranded phone if you use Cingular. As long as your account is in good standing they will have no problem unlocking your phone for you. I had no questions asked when I called customer service which was a pleasant surprise.
    True enough, but, your phone comes in only one color and has the cingular logo on it. Cingular got first dibs in deciding which programs would be built in to your phone. This is true as well.