1.    #1  
    I tried searching, but turned up nothing. I was wondering if it's just me. The screen on my 680 would turn on very regularily, to the extent of once a minute at times.

I was wondering if anyone know what is causing this. Is it BT?

Thanks.
    My T3 would do that sometimes after a hot sync. Try doing a soft reset.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I've been resetting too. Doesn't seem to help. =(
    OK then.

Try this.

Throw it at a witch.

If it bounces off, then she's blubbery.

If it sinks in, she'll be like "Owww, dude, knock it off."

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
    OK then.

Try this.

Throw it at a witch.

If it bounces off, then she's blubbery.

If it sinks in, she'll be like "Owww, dude, knock it off."

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas.
    :doh: what kind of help is that?! A WITCH?!How about throwingit at a Palm CSR? THAT will probably work!
    Do you use an external keyboard? Look for a program called Keyboard. It is known that infra-red keyboard drivers will make the screen come on if you don't turn the driver off.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by proxidicae View Post
    I tried searching, but turned up nothing. I was wondering if it's just me. The screen on my 680 would turn on very regularily, to the extent of once a minute at times.

Thanks.
    I am experiencing the same thing. I can't figure it out but it sure is annoying.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich

Thanks.

For the screen to come on -- either something internally or externally is causing the unit to "wake up."

To test if it is a hardware or software corruption issue:

1. Hot sync to back up.
    2. Hard reset.
    3. Is it still doing it?
    4. Yes = hardware issue.
    5. No = software setting run amok or a software corruption.
    6. A clean install is the brick bat method to cure a software issue, if you cannot find a setting that is causing the wake up.

(A nearby bluetooth device that is constantly searching for devices to connect to . . . is a possibility if you have bluetooth on . . . . . what happens if you turn bluetooth off?)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/18/2006 at 06:47 AM.
  9.    #9  
    I just shut off BT last night to see if that is the cause. I do have a lot of bluetooth devices around (ie car and uniden bt phone at home). I'll see what happens later today.

My main concern is the battery life. If it wasn't so pathetic, I wouldn't really care about the screen coming on all that much. I never see it in my holster anyhow.
    I just shut off BT last night to see if that is the cause. I do have a lot of bluetooth devices around (ie car and uniden bt phone at home). I'll see what happens later today.

My main concern is the battery life. If it wasn't so pathetic, I wouldn't really care about the screen coming on all that much. I never see it in my holster anyhow.
    I have the Bluetooth turned off and it still does it.
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Verichat causes this.
    Send all bugged 680's to me. I'll take 'em, bugs or not. Whatever color.